• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Draden

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I was trying to make some Necro spell books and when i go to make the spells to fill the books I get notice that I don't have the components when I do , Also I had some spells already wrote up and when i tried to place in books says already in book when they are not . tossed those books and tried again and received same result. Anyone else had this issue?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried to duplicate the problem, trying both an old book I had lying around empty and a newly made one, and I couldn't. Both books filled okay.

Draden

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
uggg so something with me or my account :-( , I can do every standard spell just the Necro ones , even got new regs .

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
when you don't have the spell in YOUR spellbook, it makes the last spell you created.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you have all regs and blanks scrolls necessary to make a spell - Magery, Necro, or Mysticism - and you get the message that you're missing components? It means you don't have a filled spellbook of that skill type.

You can't inscribe a spell you don't currently have in a spellbook, in your backpack. It's annoying, but there are plenty of people around who'll give you a filled spellbook for nothing. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Except a spellweaving book because no one is smart enough to inscribe those spells... spellweaving is the hidden away red headed step child of UO... Wouldn't want to make anyone want to pick up that skill .....

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except a spellweaving book because no one is smart enough to inscribe those spells... spellweaving is the hidden away red headed step child of UO... Wouldn't want to make anyone want to pick up that skill .....
Aye! And the first letter of the name starts with "M" .

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Spellweaving doesn't require reagents therefore isn't something a scribe makes. It's the same thing for a chiv book / ninja / bushido. None require reagents and therefore can't be scribed. There is a quest to get the spellweaving books which isn't terribly hard and players are able to get the spells by... *gasp* playing the game as intended?!?

I get what you are saying that it's an inconvenience but it's funny considering I've seen several post made by you trashing the game and Devs because they need to clean up the content. The Spellweaving quest still works and allows people to complete the quest which would otherwise be yet another pointless quest nobody needs to do anymore (and as you say needs to be cleaned up) if a scribe could copy spells.

You also say Spellweaving is the "red headed step child" of the game which is the exact opposite because it has THE MOST powerful spell in the game and hence the reason that people should actually need to play the game to get the scrolls (of buy from my vendor for a hefty price).

It seems like if it were up to you, the Devs would all be fired and UO would cease to remain. Given all the slander in your post I'm questioning why you still even play and complain on the forums which makes other players who might want to check out the game maybe not want to play because you make it seem like the game totally sucks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Spellweaving doesn't require reagents therefore isn't something a scribe makes. It's the same thing for a chiv book / ninja / bushido. None require reagents and therefore can't be scribed. There is a quest to get the spellweaving books which isn't terribly hard and players are able to get the spells by... *gasp* playing the game as intended?!?

I get what you are saying that it's an inconvenience but it's funny considering I've seen several post made by you trashing the game and Devs because they need to clean up the content. The Spellweaving quest still works and allows people to complete the quest which would otherwise be yet another pointless quest nobody needs to do anymore (and as you say needs to be cleaned up) if a scribe could copy spells.

You also say Spellweaving is the "red headed step child" of the game which is the exact opposite because it has THE MOST powerful spell in the game and hence the reason that people should actually need to play the game to get the scrolls (of buy from my vendor for a hefty price).

It seems like if it were up to you, the Devs would all be fired and UO would cease to remain. Given all the slander in your post I'm questioning why you still even play and complain on the forums which makes other players who might want to check out the game maybe not want to play because you make it seem like the game totally sucks.

Yes, let's support a game with inconsistencies at every corner, DEVs who nearly never communicate, GMs that barely ever show up when you need them, which seems to punish the honest players and support scripters and cheats. With nothing for a NPE and all... where the DEVs do not seem to take pride in their work... to actually care about how the game looks with missing tiles everywhere you look things out of place and all... more bugs than a picnic in summer in the rain forest... and graphics out of the 90's that look like poop on a modern PC... Which is basically on life support only adding art that is completely inconsistent with the old art... and looks plastic, flat or in the wrong perspective and out of place next to much of the art in the rest of the game. Much of which you will have to pay for... and all... but yes... lets support that...

As for spellweaving... it is beyond time that it came out of hiding and moved to New Haven where new players can find it and experience it... where you can actually START a character with it... But no keep it in the dark where it's next to impossible on many shards to get a circle... unless you have your own circle of characters or have to wait on changing your mastery back and forth to get one... so you can spend more time waiting around than playing the game... because that's always fun.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes, let's support a game with inconsistencies at every corner, DEVs who nearly never communicate, GMs that barely ever show up when you need them, which seems to punish the honest players and support scripters and cheats. With nothing for a NPE and all... where the DEVs do not seem to take pride in their work... to actually care about how the game looks with missing tiles everywhere you look things out of place and all... more bugs than a picnic in summer in the rain forest... and graphics out of the 90's that look like poop on a modern PC... Which is basically on life support only adding art that is completely inconsistent with the old art... and looks plastic, flat or in the wrong perspective and out of place next to much of the art in the rest of the game. Much of which you will have to pay for... and all... but yes... lets support that...

As for spellweaving... it is beyond time that it came out of hiding and moved to New Haven where new players can find it and experience it... where you can actually START a character with it... But no keep it in the dark where it's next to impossible on many shards to get a circle... unless you have your own circle of characters or have to wait on changing your mastery back and forth to get one... so you can spend more time waiting around than playing the game... because that's always fun.
You don't have to support it, just stop whining about it in Every. Single. Thread. Everyone knows how you feel. Nobody cares anymore.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So I should sit back and say nothing as the game I once loved gets worse? Or should I be vocal about it and continue to push it and hope that the DEVs figure it out before it's too late?

I will go with the latter... I'll keep being vocal about it until it is no longer a truth... and the problems are resolved...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you can phrase that in the form of wishes, please add 'em to the wish list, eh?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So I should sit back and say nothing as the game I once loved gets worse?

That would be preferable. The OP had nothing to do with Spellweaving so why are you bringing your negativity to the thread? You could technically crap all over every single thread (which you seemingly try to) with some sort of snoody remark.

a game with inconsistencies at every corner, DEVs who nearly never communicate, GMs that barely ever show up when you need them, which seems to punish the honest players and support scripters and cheats. With nothing for a NPE and all... where the DEVs do not seem to take pride in their work... to actually care about how the game looks with missing tiles everywhere you look things out of place and all... more bugs than a picnic in summer in the rain forest... and graphics out of the 90's that look like poop on a modern PC..
If this is your belief on the game then why do you play? What would you be missing playing this bug filled, poop graphic, ancient game right? Do yourself a favor, read your own remarks and make the decision to just hang it up. Obviously your complaining isn't working so why do you keep doing it? Because on the 1,578 nasty post (about how the game sucks and the devs don't take pride in their work) the Devs are going to say "you know what... I think I finally see what they mean so let me just go fix all of that stuff"? What's the definition of insanity again? Seriously, you are b!****ng on a forum that the Devs don't officially even read yet you have repeatedly said you refuse to post on the official forums.

At the very least just quit the moaning and groaning; nobody cares. Give us all a break. Please.

If you are so inclined to continue your negativity, take your endless amount of gripes and file them under Laura's 2020 (and beyond) wish list so that the general public doesn't have to subject themselves to the same negative garbage you spew on every thread.

Thanks.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Soulstone skill off, make a couple EJ accounts, log the characters onto the circle, get lvl 6, stone skill back onto the paid acct........done.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Soulstone skill off, make a couple EJ accounts, log the characters onto the circle, get lvl 6, stone skill back onto the paid acct........done.
Don't give complainers anything else to complain about!!

I started typing out in my previous response that all of the complaints had solutions and some type of work around but I didn't feel like wasting my time explaining game mechanics to someone who doesn't care. They only complain for the sake of complaining. :p

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's like people want everything to happen only their way, the linear thinking that must entail.....

This is where they complain about having to pay for a soulstone.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i just assumed everyone had already done that back when EJ came out.
i know i went and took it a step further and actually worked those EJ accounts skill up.
i dont like wasting my time to have to pull my skill off just to get a crystal.
i was also nice enough to give access to all those account to my guild mates so anyone can use them.
and on days when im feeling nice i just log them in and leave them so everyone can get crystals.
but those days are rare.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i know i went and took it a step further and actually worked those EJ accounts skill up.
This.

Some people like to say there are problems and then just use the time (that could be spent finding a solution) to complain to any and everyone.

Others like @Poo / @chester rockwell see the same problems but instead of ranting about how bad the game sucks and the Devs are incompetent they simply go find ways to work around the problems. Well done!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with using “work arounds” but the lands are empty

something needs to change