• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idoc bi#*$ing never changes...

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently there's an idoc in fel on GL somewhere and like clockwork, all the my sticks bigger than yours stuff comes out.

Like even I was getting attacked in chat and I logged in to play for 20 minutes.

Anyone got interesting idoc stories to tell ?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
my idoc is bigger than your idoc,

here let me get my ex wife to tell you i have a big idoc

i mean look at my hands

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Let's not compare who's Idoc was bigger... cuz mines pretty big :D

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am gonna build the biggest idoc ever, and make, and make umbra pay for it.
Lol... a lot of the monkey crap that was being flung may as well have been.

What's realtor paying you for sitting. If you can pvp, come to this idoc in fel, come at me bro.

Seriously a junk measuring contest of pre-teens it seemed.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Back in 2008 or so I used to do a ton of IDOCs with my guild on Great Lakes. Only two of them really stood out, the rest were just standing around, waiting to pick **** up.

The first was a keep in the middle of a Trammel swamp. There were surprisingly very few people who showed up but those who did had swamp spawn lured on them. A few people said that they paged on us but no GM ever came. The keep was loaded. Probably the most profitable of any IDOC I have ever done. We also managed to place a new guild house in the spot.

The second was a Fel keep. It probably had as much or more stuff as the first one, but there were 3 reds there that were guarding the loot fairly well. None of our guild had PvPed a day in their life, not to mention had any sort of template set up for it, but we outnumbered them 2 to one so we thought it would be a fairly even match. We were so very wrong, so we backed off and called in a favor from our alliance which consisted of this one dude and his two daughters. The dude had a red macer so we figured he could fight but I think his template was incredibly old and even 3 to one we didn't stand a chance. Most of the guild gave up after that but a few of us got on stealthers and picked at the loot while being chased by these guys. We got a few good pieces out of it I think, but it was probably the most fun I ever had playing UO.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back in 2008 or so I used to do a ton of IDOCs with my guild on Great Lakes. Only two of them really stood out, the rest were just standing around, waiting to pick **** up.

The first was a keep in the middle of a Trammel swamp. There were surprisingly very few people who showed up but those who did had swamp spawn lured on them. A few people said that they paged on us but no GM ever came. The keep was loaded. Probably the most profitable of any IDOC I have ever done. We also managed to place a new guild house in the spot.

The second was a Fel keep. It probably had as much or more stuff as the first one, but there were 3 reds there that were guarding the loot fairly well. None of our guild had PvPed a day in their life, not to mention had any sort of template set up for it, but we outnumbered them 2 to one so we thought it would be a fairly even match. We were so very wrong, so we backed off and called in a favor from our alliance which consisted of this one dude and his two daughters. The dude had a red macer so we figured he could fight but I think his template was incredibly old and even 3 to one we didn't stand a chance. Most of the guild gave up after that but a few of us got on stealthers and picked at the loot while being chased by these guys. We got a few good pieces out of it I think, but it was probably the most fun I ever had playing UO.
I can't ever really remember getting a "big one" like you describe with the swamp keep, but I've had some great IDOC moments though. I think my favorite was when a pair of houses next to mine (18x18 and 18x14) decayed and fell and amongst the loot was a set of clothing in hue 1109 tagged by my crafter. I had lost the clothes when my house fell in January 2011 and I got them back at that IDOC in 2018. It blows my mind to think about how events had to line up to make that happen. I didn't even play between 2011 and 2017.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Very cool. I have played UO off and on for over 20 years(mostly on)and have always said that a lot of people that never pvped might really enjoy it if they gave it a real shot and did it just for the fun and excitement. Don't have to get caught up in the super temp/suit nonsense if that's not your thing. I happen to like building very nice suits but you can still effectively pvp with a pretty easily obtained good suit. If you are the type to obsess over potential cheating/hacks though it's not for you. There are plenty of hacks/cheats going on outside of fel btw.
I also believe that the game would greatly benefit if more pvpers did some pvming.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
a lot of people that never pvped might really enjoy it if they gave it a real shot and did it just for the fun and excitement.
I can agree with this to a point but most people's experience with PvP is with the Atlantic PvP crowd that has been doing it forever. It would take years of practice to even begin to play on their level. There are also some PvPers who gatekeep and try to discourage any new people from playing. Anyone who tries to learn from that crowd is going to have a bad time.

That's the main reason why I advocate PvP on Siege. Anyone can participate. No uber suit required. No stupid 900 point templates. It's just a better experience.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can agree with this to a point but most people's experience with PvP is with the Atlantic PvP crowd that has been doing it forever. It would take years of practice to even begin to play on their level. There are also some PvPers who gatekeep and try to discourage any new people from playing. Anyone who tries to learn from that crowd is going to have a bad time.

That's the main reason why I advocate PvP on Siege. Anyone can participate. No uber suit required. No stupid 900 point templates. It's just a better experience.
You can just go to fel yew gate and ask for a duel. The 2nd mage I saw I asked for help and he have me a 30min lesson on basic pvp. I used to pvp a lot before aos/after aos launch (4fc mages that was fun) so I was a bit worried about trying now. Even on atl there are plenty of nice pvpers willing to help.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can just go to fel yew gate and ask for a duel. The 2nd mage I saw I asked for help and he have me a 30min lesson on basic pvp. I used to pvp a lot before aos/after aos launch (4fc mages that was fun) so I was a bit worried about trying now. Even on atl there are plenty of nice pvpers willing to help.

I never really got into pvp, even when I played WoW.

My thing is having patience for ot sometimes.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I never really got into pvp, even when I played WoW.

My thing is having patience for ot sometimes.
I play WoW too, I wish UO would adopt some form of organized pvp. VVV kind of stinks,and the only other way is guild pvp, which is difficult on my hours. Sorry to derail your thread

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I agree that there are plenty of nice PvPers, but the gatekeeping is real as well. Overall, they're just not the friendliest community to learn from. I won't even say that it's wrong for them to be that way, they put in the time to learn and perfect what they do, they don't have to share it with anyone else.

If you are interested in PvP, there are much friendlier and more casual environments to play in as well.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play WoW too, I wish UO would adopt some form of organized pvp. VVV kind of stinks,and the only other way is guild pvp, which is difficult on my hours. Sorry to derail your thread

Lol... ur fine. I brought it up, but when I was playing. May go back, I was on BWL.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Regarding IDOCs... I think it should be anything goes. I remember a year or 2 ago people would spawn those Harbringers (I think that's the name) during IDOCs which kept people on their toes (while also giving a chance at a crimson robe) and I liked it because some of those bot accounts obviously couldn't keep pets alive or sometimes themselves. It reminded me of the graveyard battles almost 20 years ago at server down where everyone would come PvP with nothing to lose which included some people gating in dragons and daemons to make things even more chaotic.... now THAT was fun!!

Totally agree about PvP (on all accounts so far). Sometimes @Stinky Pete that's the most fun is knowing you are outmatched 1 on 1 so you try to gang up to level the playing field. I've been on both sides and while sometimes it might get frustrating, I can honestly say I've had fun on both ends!

Some people really aren't bad and will help you understand the basics but other people are just punks that only goal is to be unofficial #1 PvPer so they want to gatekeep and only troll everyone... even when they die (at least on ATL). Then it turns into a trash talk/excuse contest to see who can talk the most $h!t... very annoying when in gen chat. Or you have the kids that script that completely destroy you without having a chance and then spam the same trash talk "owned" (or whatever). This is something that definitely drives people away.

That said, maybe I should make a PvPer on Siege... that would be fun to just use basic skills again

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
in the early 2000s, someone had a program that would place a plot causing everything to go to house sign. then drops the plot and placed another plot with all the loot from the house going into a moving crate. was like wth lol.
im sure many remember the young players all placing plots at a castle as soon as it dropping. was amazing to see 10 to12 small plots instantly go down and even more amazing nothing seem to ever happen to them. I ban thee

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in the early 2000s, someone had a program that would place a plot causing everything to go to house sign. then drops the plot and placed another plot with all the loot from the house going into a moving crate. was like wth lol.
im sure many remember the young players all placing plots at a castle as soon as it dropping. was amazing to see 10 to12 small plots instantly go down and even more amazing nothing seem to ever happen to them. I ban thee
It was a script which still exists.

I used it back when like maybe 5 times.

What went to sign was hit or miss.