• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

uh oh!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i noticed i had a lot of the Minax Crested artifacts in a chest in my house and decided it was high time i turned them in and made some room in my house.
they of course had some weight to them to i went and got my pack beetle and loaded up a bag with them and got onto my beetle and teleported to Blackthorns Castle.
not thinking of course, the game mechanics dismounted me and kicked my beetle.
the message i got said "your pet could not be stabled and has been put somewhere safe".
and i cant find this safe place!
it shows under my control slots but i cant find it anywhere!!!!!
i tried using a pet summoning ball and that wouldn't work, i logged out and back in but of course because it was loaded with stuff that didnt work.
so i have been running around for a hour now looking for it..... nothing.

GM came and he spent like 20 minutes looking, nothing, he couldnt find it either.

what the heck!

anyone ever have this happen???

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When blacktorns castle was new there was a bug that teleported pets to east of the castle to the shore on the mainland

that would be 2-3 screens to the east if i did not explain that good enough

Also it sounds pretty similar to what use to happen when you was out hunting with your pet when the shard crashed

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya i checked there, i also ran a grid from the mountains in the north to the south past the moongate and from the west mountains to the bog, nothing.
checked some stables, another person on shard checked all stables.
logged out a couple times, nothing.
used pet ball a couple times, nothing.
still showing under my control slots.....

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only thing left i can think of is when shard crash pets most of the time run straight down that would be south east until they get stuck but that would be around the stable in your case so you looked there already

Sry

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had a hiryu that got lost like that but logging off and on brought it back.

But your beetle can't be stabled so this is a good warning to not take a pet with items there.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well after a hour or so i did another relog and now its not showing on my control slots anymore.
sad to loose a fully trained pack beetle that ive had since they came out.
sad to loose like 100 minax artifacts.
well, guess ill go have a pity party somewhere for myself.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well after a hour or so i did another relog and now its not showing on my control slots anymore.
sad to loose a fully trained pack beetle that ive had since they came out.
sad to loose like 100 minax artifacts.
well, guess ill go have a pity party somewhere for myself.
What shard?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
pets with stuff in them are sent to the stables about a screen and a half south of the entrance to blackthorn's castle - not stabled, just wandering around inside the stable building itself

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The auto-kick/stable-pet thing needs removed, it's been responsible for the loss of so many pets. The devs are very aware of this issue and has been reported many times in varying circumstances, the common theme is the same, pet auto-stabling.

For all the time they have events in blackthorns castle, i'd rather have flappys etc all over the screen (not that many people use flappys anymore!) than rolling the dice on losing an expensively trained and scrolled pet, it needs switched off plain and simple.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no reason they cannot make the ONE room where the entrance to the dungeon is (and the turn in guy) able to be marked and recalled to. Sure keep the rest of the joint as it is if there is a problem, although really only the throne room where they do the governors meetings needs to be spell free.

Never understood the reason to block the whole damn place.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
pets with stuff in them are sent to the stables about a screen and a half south of the entrance to blackthorn's castle - not stabled, just wandering around inside the stable building itself
not full pack beetles it would seem.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
so i noticed i had a lot of the Minax Crested artifacts in a chest in my house and decided it was high time i turned them in and made some room in my house.
they of course had some weight to them to i went and got my pack beetle and loaded up a bag with them and got onto my beetle and teleported to Blackthorns Castle.
not thinking of course, the game mechanics dismounted me and kicked my beetle.
the message i got said "your pet could not be stabled and has been put somewhere safe".
and i cant find this safe place!
it shows under my control slots but i cant find it anywhere!!!!!
i tried using a pet summoning ball and that wouldn't work, i logged out and back in but of course because it was loaded with stuff that didnt work.
so i have been running around for a hour now looking for it..... nothing.

GM came and he spent like 20 minutes looking, nothing, he couldnt find it either.

what the heck!

anyone ever have this happen???
Thanks for the warning about this

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
When I have lost full pack animals like this in the past at times they have been the last place I recalled to or from....

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is no reason they cannot make the ONE room where the entrance to the dungeon is (and the turn in guy) able to be marked and recalled to. Sure keep the rest of the joint as it is if there is a problem, although really only the throne room where they do the governors meetings needs to be spell free.

Never understood the reason to block the whole damn place.

Fel Blackthorn's Castle.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ya i checked there, i also ran a grid from the mountains in the north to the south past the moongate and from the west mountains to the bog, nothing.
checked some stables, another person on shard checked all stables.
logged out a couple times, nothing.
used pet ball a couple times, nothing.
still showing under my control slots.....
Did you try boarding a high seas boat by the rope? usually worked for me.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was on Sonoma. I ran around on Yslani and checked all of the stables and areas around them. Between the two of us, we covered the place fairly well. I don't know where it booted his beetle to but we sure couldn't find it.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Logged into tc1 and was able to duplicate this bug

The pet got teleported to the safe spot (in the stable just south of the castle)
before you see the pet in the stable recal to another subserver and logg out logg in then when you get back to the stable the pet is no longer there and nowhere to be found

however I was able to get the pet back every time with logg out logg in even after the follower slot turned to zero

so probably more to this bug also

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fel Blackthorn's Castle.
Yeah .... your point?

I know you can recall to the fel blackthorns, I do it all the time. This thread is not about FEL blackthorns it is about TRAM blackthorns and the fact that it auto stables pets. My comment is that there is NO reason they cannot make the room with the entrance/turn in guy in TRAM able to be recalled into to save this BS auto pet restabling and allow people into the dungeon without having to do that boring run around.

Fact that you can recall to the Blackthorns in FEL means diddly squat.

They blocked the Tram castle due to 'event's' and to stop the rabble from casting spells and dragging GD's etc into them, there is no need to block that one room that never has any 'events' scheduled to it. You may not be even going to the dungeon, you may be running to another event there and have stuff in your beetle that would result in the same 'auto stable' and the same problem of the pet just disappearing. The fact that this dude was going to the turn in guy doesn't mean the problem is to do with that, it is to do with auto stabling that can't happen if the pet is loaded.

Technically, for the 'dungeon' part of blackthorns, if they wanted to they could just allow you to recall directly into the foyer where the hitching post is, which isn't technically in the castle, or put another entrance to the area outside.

Doesn't stop the current problem of the loaded pets not going to the stable and being lost.

Last edited:

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
allow people into the dungeon without having to do that boring run around.
You dont need to run though, use a corrupt crystal for dungeon blackthorn, park pet if needed to go up to turn in drops.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You dont need to run though, use a corrupt crystal for dungeon blackthorn, park pet if needed to go up to turn in drops.
true, however it doesn't address the above problem of taking in a pet with loaded backpack to the castle as a whole. Nor for newer players who don't know you can use the portal as it isn't an option on the 'list'.

The fact that you can use the portal only reinforces the fact that there is NO need to not be able to mark a rune there and recall directly.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah .... your point?

I know you can recall to the fel blackthorns, I do it all the time. This thread is not about FEL blackthorns it is about TRAM blackthorns and the fact that it auto stables pets. My comment is that there is NO reason they cannot make the room with the entrance/turn in guy in TRAM able to be recalled into to save this BS auto pet restabling and allow people into the dungeon without having to do that boring run around.

Fact that you can recall to the Blackthorns in FEL means diddly squat.

They blocked the Tram castle due to 'event's' and to stop the rabble from casting spells and dragging GD's etc into them, there is no need to block that one room that never has any 'events' scheduled to it. You may not be even going to the dungeon, you may be running to another event there and have stuff in your beetle that would result in the same 'auto stable' and the same problem of the pet just disappearing. The fact that this dude was going to the turn in guy doesn't mean the problem is to do with that, it is to do with auto stabling that can't happen if the pet is loaded.

Technically, for the 'dungeon' part of blackthorns, if they wanted to they could just allow you to recall directly into the foyer where the hitching post is, which isn't technically in the castle, or put another entrance to the area outside.

Doesn't stop the current problem of the loaded pets not going to the stable and being lost.

Wow I touched a nerve. I was just pointing out that there's a turn in npc right outside the dungeon in fel Blackthorn's. I really couldn't care less about your opinion on fel and events or tram Blackthorn's. Just trying to provide a helpful idea.

Is this a bug? Damn straight. Is Poo screwed? Oh yea. But after 22 years, I'm sure he's used to UO being the buggy pos that it is.

And while I agree your point is valid, your response was well over the top. Cool down, relax, have fun.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
not full pack beetles it would seem.

Logged into tc1 and was able to duplicate this bug

The pet got teleported to the safe spot (in the stable just south of the castle)

before you see the pet in the stable recal to another subserver and logg out logg in then when you get back to the stable the pet is no longer there and nowhere to be found

however I was able to get the pet back every time with logg out logg in even after the follower slot turned to zero

so probably more to this bug also
The first time we learned pets are not allowed in Castle Blackthorn, we had the same happen, our beetle full with Titan loot was send to the stables right south of it like Kojak and Herman said. We think it was another bug that F-ed you over Poo, one that has pets disappear from sight but not from control slots (initially). Let us explain: We had a few times that when we left our pet at the bank, at home, or at the entrance of Blackthorn’s Dungeon (to hand in the artifacts), when we would return (with that char but also another char on another account) the pet was nowhere to be seen. Once we even saw it disappear on a char from another account! Then logging out and back in with the owner in that same place makes the pet visible again, but you have to wait like 2 seconds with giving controls cause then it’s name will appear in your journal and after that it will respond to controls again. It actually happens quite regularly, first when we wanted to leave our (weak) beetle at the bank to not have Krampus dismount our mage and see his minions kill our beetle. After returning to the bank, about half the time the beetle was nowhere to be seen. So far, re-logging has worked every time for us. So we wonder Poo, did you try a re-log at/in the stables directly South of Blackthorn’s Castle as well?