• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player run town banners

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

Is this still a thing, and how to I go about organising one for our town?

*Signed*

Rimeny

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Let me know if you have any luck with that. I have been waiting on our town's recognition for well over a year. Countless emails to my EM. Emails to Messana directly. No Luck.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me know if you have any luck with that. I have been waiting on our town's recognition for well over a year. Countless emails to my EM. Emails to Messana directly. No Luck.

Mesanna emailed me back saying she is the only one who does it but is working on higher priority stuff right now, but it will get done. IS there some sort of tool/app we need to use to design the town banner, I recall it being 4x4 max footprint

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure, I wasn't the one who did it for my guild. It was submitted over a year ago, so I don't recall all of the details.

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is cool. Are there any requirements of what is needed to submit for one?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i did this with 2 different places that i have houses in.
trying to remember what we all had to do.
i remember Mesanna made them for us, i seem to we gave her some pretty wide berth to create whatever she wanted we just told her kinda what we where looking for.
ie, one was a pvp guild in fel so we wanted it dark and murder-y and the other was a tram base town that was good, so we wanted it to be sword in stone kinda thing.
she did super good work, took a while to get her out.

i seem to recall there was a package i had to put together for them all about the town, history, how they mark that they are in the town and such.

there was also a little program to use to make up the stone if you wanted too..... InsideUO?

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
actually now that i think about it i had to go to the EM webpage and on there was a whole form with a bunch of questions to fill out.
after that the EM came and had a look around and put his/her stamp on it then it was sent up the pipe to Mesanna.

[1]Town name
[2]Town location
[3]When it was founded:
[4]Allegiance
[5]Number of houses
[6]Suggested coordinates for the banner
[7]Inside UO numbers for the components of the banner
[8]A jpg of the proposed banner
[9]As well as answers to these questions:
  • Cohesiveness: Which houses are part of the town and what marks a house as part of the town?
  • Activity: How does your establishment or town promote a vibrant community?
  • History: Where can one find more information about the history of your town?
  • Communication: How would visitors to your town normally communicate with its inhabitants?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss InsideUO, it was such a handy tool for so many things. Wouldn't have any idea how to get those ID numbers now or how to put together a proposal without the images..... never have been able to figure out that Fiddler thingie. :(

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*coughs* The EC with Pinco's can see all the arts... *coughs*

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Has anyone ever created and posted a list of player-run town banners, by shard?
if so ive never seen it.
i do like how ATL has theirs set up where they are all on tables outside of Luna and you can go directly to them from there.
makes it handy, specaially since one goes to right beside my fel keep!

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually now that i think about it i had to go to the EM webpage and on there was a whole form with a bunch of questions to fill out.
after that the EM came and had a look around and put his/her stamp on it then it was sent up the pipe to Mesanna.

[1]Town name
[2]Town location
[3]When it was founded:
[4]Allegiance
[5]Number of houses
[6]Suggested coordinates for the banner
[7]Inside UO numbers for the components of the banner
[8]A jpg of the proposed banner
[9]As well as answers to these questions:
  • Cohesiveness: Which houses are part of the town and what marks a house as part of the town?
  • Activity: How does your establishment or town promote a vibrant community?
  • History: Where can one find more information about the history of your town?
  • Communication: How would visitors to your town normally communicate with its inhabitants?
Yeah, Mesanna said she was happy to view my design as she has the final stamp and builds them. Problem is however, I cant get insideUO to work and not really sure how else I can mock up a design

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i used MSpaint and just slapped together some spliced in stuff.
then i just told her to run with it.

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now I want to live in a town. Thanks for all the information here.