• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "I know its my fault but still I have to gripe about it" thread.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My account should be 20 years old because I started in 2000. BUT it only shows 140 months because I coulnd't afford to subscribe to the game because at different for several months at a time I just had to keep it dormant. So I lost six years. ( Life outside of the game happened. Your turn.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they put u in a fridge for 40years at the age of 10 and revive you. How old will you look? 10 or 50?

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
But how old would you actually be? ;)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only need to be 14 to get the shard shields. You wont miss the Ethys.

if Steam is a success we will soon be able to buy past years or they will let everyone get shard shields.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, this thread do be remindin' me o' the time me and me mateys stumbled 'pon Rip Van Winkle whilst followin' a treasure map to its booty.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I was jealous of the ethys but those ones are ugly as sin.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just trying to understand... why are your griping about account age when you didn't pay for the subscription for X years? You can buy any ethy and ride it now without age restriction so if you want like a hell hound etc you could technically ride one. Aside from shard shields which are account bound; you can use all other rewards at 14 years too.

If they simply displayed your account age (as a badge of honor) without giving you any of the rewards that go along with it still would that fix your gripe?

I'm assuming not; more likely you want the reward/perks of a 20 year account when only paying for 14. Should those rewards also accumulate and be available to you while you are playing for free on an EJ account too? Following that logic, it's probably also a gripe of yours that you weren't able to keep your house(s) up while you didn't play for 6 years as well right?? :D

If that were the case, what would be in it for the people that actually have paid to play UO (100$+ per year) during that time? :coco:

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My account should be 20 years old because I started in 2000. BUT it only shows 140 months because I coulnd't afford to subscribe to the game because at different for several months at a time I just had to keep it dormant. So I lost six years. ( Life outside of the game happened).

Your turn.
While I agree there should be a way to buy back a percentage of lost months... I have no pity for this as there's many that pay and don't play to keep their accounts aging normally.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He is asking for your thing you did that was your own fault.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I didn't say I wanted rewards or some kinda retribution. But, really, I did not say anything at all like what you are now criticizing me for. @Keven2002
Please enlighten me on what your issue is then because if you read my comment I asked if you just wanted credit for 20 years with absolutely no reward. If that's what you want... even though that's a weird flex....okay **Magically waves wand** you are now deemed a 20 year veteran in the eyes of all Stratics users! **POOF*

If you want anything besides a pat on the back for playing pre 2000's then my thoughts are since you didn't pay for service, you don't get credit for that time of being unpaid. This isn't different than anything else. Try to withhold payment from the guy serving you drinks at the bar or the kid that cuts your grass and see how far that gets ya :cool:

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shard Shields for everyone in the Store. Players WANT to buy them! Vets get them for free. Just like the Teleporter Tiles!!!!! Make them drop a token every 6/8 weeks so they are inferior, just make it so!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too many crying baby bears on this thread, the devs have defo made the right decision regarding the vet reward system.