• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ultima Online All Over the Gaming News!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not holding my breath about anything till it happens but as I was saying to friends in Discord... I guess I should be happy they are getting some fairly positive press at least... doesn't hurt.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO: Their biggest endeavor should be fixing the game they have now. You think customer support is bad now, wait til they have someone like Steam to blame for it. Blame for patches that have bugs or hacks. I've seen it before. Sounds like they are trying to get around the problems they are facing instead of dealing with it.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did they hire new Testing & Quality Assurance departments?
'cause their new audience might not be as forgiving of these as long-timers:
graphics glitches (Classic client, gargoyle with shield stops walking)
grammar / loss of immersion (hit Gregorio the Brigand)
bad design / loss of immersion (try walking into Zipactriotl's lair, or the Myrmidex Queen's, without having the quest)
client crash (Classic client, almost every time I proceed from the right Abyss house to the Cavern of the Discarded)

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess Origin client is going bye bye if UO and the other games for EA go to Steam. What changed their minds?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess Origin client is going bye bye if UO and the other games for EA go to Steam. What changed their minds?
LOL Someone pulls up a 5 year old post with some replies in it and you think EA is just hand over its games with ZERO word from EA. Please show us an official post from EA giving any fact to your claim.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Someone pulls up a 5 year old post with some replies in it and you think EA is just hand over its games with ZERO word from EA. Please show us an official post from EA giving any fact to your claim.
The OP says it was made on Wednesday of last week, not five years ago. EDIT: EA as in the parent company of UO is the one entering negotiations with Valve. It's not an old rumor. I first saw this mentioned on Google news not too long ago.

Last edited:

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come to think of it buying ingame items and game time from Origin.com is kinda convulted. There's a link on the UO.com main page for the store BUT it links just to the home page of origin.com. It should go straight to the actual page of UO items they are selling.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Come to think of it buying ingame items and game time from Origin.com is kinda convulted. There's a link on the UO.com main page for the store BUT it links just to the home page of origin.com. It should go straight to the actual page of UO items they are selling.
[standard EA/BS response]
I'm sorry but that makes too much sense and will not be looked into.
[/standard EA/BS response]

It really is a shame no one in power thinks like a customer does.