• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

<Delete>

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While I agree the intention of the EJ accounts seem to have not gone completely as planned, I don't really see the above doing much to curb it other than maybe the packie idea & the felucca idea. I have an EJ account myself (rarely use it except for skilled weaving circle & as secondary tamer stable slots) and I wouldn't be phased at all if I couldn't craft anything or do BODs as I have crafters on paid accounts. I'd suspect others would do the same thing given that I'd agree with you where a majority of EJ accounts are played by players with paid accounts.

The problem that is created if crafting was prevented and skills were limited to 110 would be that the actual returning players (or new) that really only have the EJ account would be the only people really suffering from those changes. If I'm a returning player and I had all 120's and/or a crafter then I wouldn't be able to get a good look at the new changes and wouldn't have my previous 120 skills I worked for therefore it's likely I would not resubscribe.

I do like the idea of no Felucca so that would discourage the freeloaders that just want extra PvP accounts and the single pet (regardless of slow) could curb some IDOC scripters.

In addition, my suggestion is that there only be one EJ account allowed per credit card (which wouldn't be charged but is mandatory to have on file) per Origin/Broadsword account (aka you couldn't link accounts). On top of that there would be a 90 day play time available (maybe even 60) on EJ at a time with a month "cooldown" unless you change your credit card. So yes hypothetically someone could have 4 different credit cards to open 4 different accounts across Origin/Broadsword with nothing linked and cycle them but it's an inconvenience and eventually those credit cards would be used for multiple accounts and require payment. At the end of the day if they are looking for new/returning players than 90days should be more than enough time to determine if the game is worth paying for.

That being said, when it comes to the PvP (ghost cams) & IDOCs I don't partake in any of that so I really don't see any harm in letting people use the EJ accounts as they are now (outside of ghost cams / IDOCs). If someone wants to use their EJ account as 100% crafter how is that hurting anyone? With the change to BODs a couple years ago (and high end runics not being valuable anymore) it's not like these accounts are cornering the markets with an unfair advantage.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should have removed the time limit on the 14 day trial account and been done with it but that would have been to simple.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have some experience with EJ playing without the support of a paid account

First i got to ask cause i m not sure what your intent is
Most on your list are already in place for EJ in one way or another
You just want to tweak the existing rules a bit or did you not read what restrictions already are in place for EJ?

Second i think you and many many others overreact a bit when it come to cheating in uo and EJ is an easy scapegoat but then again I do not know how bad it is now

Idoc cheating ghost cams Resource Scripting all existed 10 years ago long before EJ it is not very hard to see how this is going to play out when you stop EJ players The cheaters will buy gametime codes for ingame gold then use more or less trow away accs to continue to cheat and it is business as usual

Here is what i think is needed for EJ to work

An EJ player need to be somewhat self-sustaining the player base is too thin to have to rely on paying customers for alot of basic stuff like repair your armour or get to ice island

Do not prevent Ej from exploring by limit where they can go this is such a big turnoff an ej player may want to go on that guild hunt to do a champ although they can't get anything

Ej should not get any of the high end stuff, legendarys, new artifacts high end resources blacktorn artifacts you name it there is no reason for an EJ player to get any, by the time they want to get those for themselves they probably have subscribe anyway

A poster on uo forum said EJ accs can not loot idocs for 30 min I have no idea if this is true I never did an idoc on my EJ account but that looks like a good rule to put in

Your idea about the pet followers i personally do not like but if EJ only could have 1 pack animal that would work for me both ways are OK

Other than that i think the existing rules are ok i don't like all of them but i can see why they are there (only one rule i realy hate but i keep that to myself)

With that said i also have read alot of comments on here that want to end EJ some from players and stratic posters that i know is knowledgeable and I value their opinion so I don,t know maybe it is best to just end it and call it an unsuccessful experiment

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I never used CC on any of my accounts, I would never trust EA/BS with that info, I only use Game Time Codes for all of them.
I was speaking from purely a business standpoint to enforce EJ integrity but also drive business. It's the same practice as other companies deploy where you can sign up for free stuff but must provide a CC and must cancel within X days (because some people will forget and will the company profits).

Getting a little off topic but if you don't trust EA/BS with that info I'm guessing you buy Gametime codes with gold then?? Bc wouldn't you need to use a CC otherwise to actually buy the gametime?

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have sold or given away many (over 100) houses to players with EJ accounts. I know they are EJ cause it says so when I try to trade house to them and then I have to wait for them to get it done. EJ accounts have worked to get some players to pay for the game. I know 100 isn't tons but it did bring in some paying players.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
YES. Ban EJ accts from fel or make exorcism work fel-wide. There are cams in every pass, every dungeon, and outside every entrance to the pass.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
YES. Ban EJ accts from fel or make exorcism work fel-wide. There are cams in every pass, every dungeon, and outside every entrance to the pass.
We get it :talktothehand:. You created a thread and have said the same thing in every other thread. Might be a better idea to spam the UO Forum with that instead of stratics though.

Johnny Black

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Getting a little off topic but if you don't trust EA/BS with that info I'm guessing you buy Gametime codes with gold then?? Bc wouldn't you need to use a CC otherwise to actually buy the gametime?

you can buy for gold but I buy my codes on origin.com and I use paypal, so I am double safe and I dont need to have my CC on EA/Origin

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We get it :talktothehand:. You created a thread and have said the same thing in every other thread. Might be a better idea to spam the UO Forum with that instead of stratics though.
Always amazed at the amount of people that don't understand how it works. It bears worth repeating.

Exorcism should be fel-facet wide. Not just spawn areas. Or EJ accounts should be banned from fel.