• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Plase help me, about the hit mana leech properties.

kanada01

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
hi guys.

I'm reforging these days.

I'm especially curious about the hit mana leech properties of weapons.

Except Swing speed increse properties.

Does the maximum amount of the hit mana leech properties vary depending on weapon speed?

Is there any place where this is organized with threads or data sheets?

I'm writing this thread because I can't find it in the search.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Specifically talking about imbuing:

Yes SSI decreases the max Mana leech.

Slower weapons have a larger maximum leech % to start with.

Knuckleheads Imbuing Calculator is what you should try out. It is awesome!

If you find a weapon with 100 leech and imbue it, the leech will drop to the standard max.

kanada01

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Specifically talking about imbuing:

Yes SSI decreases the max Mana leech.

Slower weapons have a larger maximum leech % to start with.

Knuckleheads Imbuing Calculator is what you should try out. It is awesome!

If you find a weapon with 100 leech and imbue it, the leech will drop to the standard max.
Thank you for your reply

I already use the site you gave me.

The question I asked was about the maximum amount of hit mana leech, could make for each weapon speed.

I tried to reforging various weapons at TC and I was able to 100% hit mana leech from 3 weapon speed.

2.75 weapon speed is up to 96%.

I have another question, is there no GM in TC?

My character got caught in a bug and Mana turned -23.

I called GM, but it hasn't been answered for 30 minutes.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can probably get 100 when reforging. Naw I've tried a ton of Bows. There is a maximum when reforging.

But I have seen 100 on many looted weapons, never a bow.

Last edited:

kanada01

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
[/QUOTE]
You can probably get 100 when reforging. Naw I've tried a ton of Bows. There is a maximum when reforging.

But I have seen 100 on many looted weapons, never a bow.

Thank you for your answer

The game is old but hard to find accurate information.

Eventually, players will experience it and confirm it.

I'm worried about how much farming I need to get my favorite 100% hit mana leech weapon. : D

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What weapon are you trying to reforge for 100% and are you going to put ssi on the wpn?
@kanada01 - Chester is spot on. If you are adding any SSI to the weapon you will decrease the total Mana Leech (even if it starts at 100%). Excluding bows you would be able to reforge 100% mana leech on most (if not all) slower weapons (I think 3+ sec might be the line) when reforging but you have to be using I think at least a copper or bronze hammer to reach that intensity (anything less won't give you enough intensity). If you use a higher runic like Valorite then you would still potentially get a 100% mana leech but you will also get other properties which you may not want.

You want a slower weapon (3s +) anyway because even if you were to get a dagger with 100% Mana Leech; it's only going to leech based off damage done so lower damage weapons even with higher leeches aren't super useful. **100% ML Dagger isn't possible**

What specifically are you looking to know about reforging mana leech? Reforging is fairly straight forward and there are several guides on actually reforging. UOGuide actually has a chart that gives maximum potential on properties (look up reforging). If you are talking about how mana leech works there are some threads I've seen on that as well but that's a bit more convoluted because it's based on an equation that takes into consideration a dice roll of what you leech (ie 100% mana leech does NOT leech 100% of the damage done 100% of the time).

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just to add a little more to the conversation... selecting your mana leech is only one part of the overall suit/weapon building equation.

For example: weapon choice is often a function of character build. Archers like composite bows for AI. Swordsman like double axes and bladed staffs (whirlwind, double strike & AI), etc.

My first step in the process is building the suit so I know exactly how much SSI I will need on my weapon to reach max swing speed. For example, my swords sampire suit is built so that I need zero SSI on my double axe or my bladed staff for max swing speed. For me, reaching max swing speed on my weapon of choice is much more important than reaching 100 ML.

As others have pointed out, a 100% ML low damage weapon is very likely inferior to a 75% hard hitting weapon if both are swung at max swing speed.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't run 100% mana leech on my samp wpns and im always chock full of mana for the most part. My max dmg thrower, I need ssi and can only get 37% mana leech....and it's ranged....so, I run outta mana on him, even in wraith form.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya. Basic macer and swordsman. Mana regen from imbuing is enough for me to do a special on each hit and never be low. HP regen is what I would need higher.

My archers need more mana leech.

kanada01

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
@kanada01 - Chester is spot on. If you are adding any SSI to the weapon you will decrease the total Mana Leech (even if it starts at 100%). Excluding bows you would be able to reforge 100% mana leech on most (if not all) slower weapons (I think 3+ sec might be the line) when reforging but you have to be using I think at least a copper or bronze hammer to reach that intensity (anything less won't give you enough intensity). If you use a higher runic like Valorite then you would still potentially get a 100% mana leech but you will also get other properties which you may not want.

You want a slower weapon (3s +) anyway because even if you were to get a dagger with 100% Mana Leech; it's only going to leech based off damage done so lower damage weapons even with higher leeches aren't super useful. **100% ML Dagger isn't possible**

What specifically are you looking to know about reforging mana leech? Reforging is fairly straight forward and there are several guides on actually reforging. UOGuide actually has a chart that gives maximum potential on properties (look up reforging). If you are talking about how mana leech works there are some threads I've seen on that as well but that's a bit more convoluted because it's based on an equation that takes into consideration a dice roll of what you leech (ie 100% mana leech does NOT leech 100% of the damage done 100% of the time).
Thank you for your reply.

The reason I was interested in Hit Mana Leech propertie was that Paladin with Armor Ignore Special Move looked good.

Broad Sword and Long Sword needed good SSI items that were hard to find.

Without using them I wanted to find a weapon with a faster 100% Hit Mana Leech propertie.

Among the weapons, Spear, Leafblade and War Axe were good candidates and chose WarAxe to do stamina damage.

On the UOGuide Re-Forging page, the maximum value per propertie was shown, but I could not get the proper properties for different weapon speeds.

Is there such information on UOGuide or elsewhere?

kanada01

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Ya. Basic macer and swordsman. Mana regen from imbuing is enough for me to do a special on each hit and never be low. HP regen is what I would need higher.

My archers need more mana leech.
Thank you for your reply.

Isn't it useful to have more mana than mana regeneration?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@kanada01
This sounds like it is likely more of a template build question (over in the professions thread) now.

In short if you have the right build (skills / stats / suit) then you won't really run out of mana from spamming AI. I'd recommend using the SSI calculator that can be found on UOGuide (and I think the UO Forums has one). This will be how you can figure out what your stam/SSI combo will be to swing at the max speed (1.25s).

For my sampire I have all the required SSI (based on my stam of 190) on my suit so that I can use a bladed staff & double axe without adding SSI to the weapon. General rule of thumb is if you are able to do 100+ damage per hit (based on several factors) then you basically will leech enough mana to make up for whatever you are using. That said, you can use a broadsword (or war axe) without SSI to maximize Mana leech as an option as long as you have the proper stam/SSI combo for your suit. If you are using macing I'd also suggest a black staff for using whirlwind which is a sure fire way to top off your mana (as long as you are hitting several targets).

Sorry this isn't a nailed down blueprint of what to do but you will find that there is no single correct way to go about the build. There are several general guidelines (again would suggest the warrior profession section) to help you work towards your end goal but one of the good (and bad) things about UO is that there are several options to get to the same point because there are a lot of dependents that you need to consider (budget vs suit / time / what you are fighting / template / group vs solo / etc) .

kanada01

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
@kanada01
This sounds like it is likely more of a template build question (over in the professions thread) now.

In short if you have the right build (skills / stats / suit) then you won't really run out of mana from spamming AI. I'd recommend using the SSI calculator that can be found on UOGuide (and I think the UO Forums has one). This will be how you can figure out what your stam/SSI combo will be to swing at the max speed (1.25s).

For my sampire I have all the required SSI (based on my stam of 190) on my suit so that I can use a bladed staff & double axe without adding SSI to the weapon. General rule of thumb is if you are able to do 100+ damage per hit (based on several factors) then you basically will leech enough mana to make up for whatever you are using. That said, you can use a broadsword (or war axe) without SSI to maximize Mana leech as an option as long as you have the proper stam/SSI combo for your suit. If you are using macing I'd also suggest a black staff for using whirlwind which is a sure fire way to top off your mana (as long as you are hitting several targets).

Sorry this isn't a nailed down blueprint of what to do but you will find that there is no single correct way to go about the build. There are several general guidelines (again would suggest the warrior profession section) to help you work towards your end goal but one of the good (and bad) things about UO is that there are several options to get to the same point because there are a lot of dependents that you need to consider (budget vs suit / time / what you are fighting / template / group vs solo / etc) .
Thank you for the warning.

There seems to be a misunderstanding about writing my thread.

I'm not here to find a template, but I know there is a profession section for warriors.

The reason I wrote a thread here was to know the speed of the fastest melee weapon capable of producing 100% Hit Mana Leech propertie.

It was hard to find information about it, and eventually I found myself making weapons in TC.

Isn't it okay to write here how much I felt while making a weapon?

If it was inappropriate, I apologize and clean up this thread.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for the warning.

There seems to be a misunderstanding about writing my thread.

I'm not here to find a template, but I know there is a profession section for warriors.

The reason I wrote a thread here was to know the speed of the fastest melee weapon capable of producing 100% Hit Mana Leech propertie.

It was hard to find information about it, and eventually I found myself making weapons in TC.

Isn't it okay to write here how much I felt while making a weapon?

Perhaps this is the chart you are looking for. Incidentally, it is the first website listed when I googled "ultima online max mana leech by weapon speed" so it really isn't hidden...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Perhaps this is the chart you are looking for. Incidentally, it is the first website listed when I googled "ultima online max mana leech by weapon speed" so it really isn't hidden...
Good find but I think that might be a little dated because it says the max ML for 0 SSI is a 4s weapon which is not accurate with the reforging now. I know for a fact that I've reforged bladed staff with 100% ML (3s weap).

It's not inappropriate but I think you got your answer to that specific question (anything 3 second +). You yourself tested the 2.75s weapon on test to only get 96% so it seems your testing supports this claim. Not sure there is much else to say here.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IIRC, bows (being ranged weapons), were given a lower HML cap than melee weapons (as in originally, no matter what the speed, HML wouldn't go over 50% displayed). This changed (I think) with reforging.

The actual numbers work as follows.

The ACTUAL HML (non-displayed) is the normal intensity range (or overcapped range, if reforged). The original cap was 50% at 100% intensity.
The DISPLAYED HML is the intensity range multiplied by a factor based on the weapon speed after SSI.

The actual numbers make my head hurt, and I was a math teaching major in college. I have no idea why the devs decided to make it so complicated (in fact, it was so complicated that spell effects and non-weapon equipment that increased SSI BROKE several weapons in the first year or so after the change, where every time the weapon was removed and re-armed, it would permanently lower the HML). That was a mess of a bug, and it ruined a lot of once-good weapons.

Discoverer

Visitor
Thank you for your reply

I already use the site you gave me.

The question I asked was about the maximum amount of hit mana leech, could make for each weapon speed.

I tried to reforging various weapons at TC and I was able to 100% hit mana leech from 3 weapon speed.

2.75 weapon speed is up to 96%.

I have another question, is there no GM in TC?

My character got caught in a bug and Mana turned -23.

I called GM, but it hasn't been answered for 30 minutes.
@kanada01 Just treat this like Google ,ask one question and all kind's of answer's pop up.It is up to us to pick and choose the right answer.
As the answer to your question is, any weapon with a base damage of 3 seconds' and over can be reforged to 100%,If you want to save on gold you can imbue any weapons' 3.25 seconds' up to 81% ,and any 4 seconds' and over weapon's to 100%.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the link. Now I know why my archer will sometimes get a lot of mana returned and sometimes not much.