• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Christmas Tree Time O'Year Planning!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Folks!
Ayup! Guess what? It's just around the corner..... BODS! BODS! BODS!

And again because we are such a small shard with a small population of crafters it isn't possible that we can sanely do all cities so with the help of our own handsome EM Obsidian voting boxes will be installed in the Councelor's Hall tonight. So make sure you vote for your favorite city! Those cities will be posted in this thread.

Another thing to note is that in past years sometimes a Governor has expressed a desire to have a tree in their city and we usually try to help make that happen so it's important to listen to general chat and check back on this thread for any changes.

And we'll need more help this year for sure! This year Des Lem and I will not be able to contribute the couple hundred large tailor and blacksmithing BODs like we have always done and Dim Mak will not, as far as I know, be able to contribute 300 large blacksmithing bods this year.

Siege has done a great job of organizing the needs for each tree. People have already donated the BOD's required for each tree. I think that's great. I bet this is something that could work here if someone wanted to step forward and organize it.

Here's a few links to some older threads to get your Holiday Crafting mojo grooving:

Voting
New Magincia 2018
Britain 2018
Yew Anti Elf Attack
EM Obsidian Chopping Down Moonglow Christmas Tree
The Creation of the Cranky Crafters Guild

Exodus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello !

I really don't have any clue how many bod's it takes to complete a tree. I have filled around 550 small blacksmith deeds and they are ready to donate to a tree if we all agree which one to work towards I will be happy to get it started.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello !

I really don't have any clue how many bod's it takes to complete a tree. I have filled around 550 small blacksmith deeds and they are ready to donate to a tree if we all agree which one to work towards I will be happy to get it started.
If any of those small BODs will complete a large BOD fill the large BOD. The point value for a small BOD is something like 2 points while the point value for large BODS is much greater, say like 100 points. Of course this all depends on the BOD. This is why folk would work so hard doing large BOD's. Those are what got the star to pop so everyone who donated a BOD got a gift.

It might help to call out in GC what BODs you need to complete your large BOD order. There are many people who will be happy to help. Or you can always post in this thread what BODs you need. That will give people a chance to check their stock and post back what they have for you.

Many hands.....

Zoogi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Da treez go opp ub da bankin pointz on da bodz so ip derz any way ta find sum largez ta fill wit doz smallz yooz gut uh lawt more bang fur yooz buk. Mez needz ta werk on uh crapder so mez can partizerpate on wun ub dez necktz year!!

Exodus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of those smalls are weapons deeds. I've always tossed the weapon large deeds because the rewards were trash . I only filled the smalls as a chance for a replacement for a better deed on a turn in

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Unless dey up da amount dis year - it takez 25,ooo BANKABLE pointz to grow da tree completely.
Da small are guud to yooz fur all yooz toons to turn wun in fur uh pressie but da largez are needed to grow da tree. (techinacally da smallz kuld grow da tree but at .2 of uh bank point meez let yooz dooz da maf on how many dat wuld take!)

Iffn yooz nerg uh crafter yooz kan pay 1g fur .1 in uh craftin skill. Da bods yooz git at lebel ob skill kan beez filled by buying da itemz fum da npc.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The voting boxes are have been placed.
It's a bit confusing. Voting yes is a vote for that city, voting no is a vote for that city.

eZekiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
!st Box - Britain – 41 and Jhelom – 1
2nd Box - New Magincia – 26 and Minoc – 15
3rd Box - Moonglow – 32 and Skara Brae – 40
4th Box - Trinsic – 25 and Vesper – 20
5th Box - Yew – 37 aye and 3 nay

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So for 2019 the top 3 are:

Britain,Yew and Skara Brae!

If there's a particular BOD you're missing that you need to fill that large one post it here or ask in GC. Someone might be able to help you out.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*takes a deep breath and tries to be as polite as possible*

Okay you voters!!!!! Get yer damn large BOD's out and drop em on the damn Skara ELF when it pops!

Not even a damn Charlie Brown Tree in Britain and there were 41 votes there! That's damn more votes than damn players on Baja!

So make your votes count and get off your butts and make the damn Christmas Trees you voted for!

*stomps away not knowing that the back hem of her skirt is caught up in her underwear*

Folks, in reality, from what I'm hearing only a couple people have or are making large BODs. They need your help or this isn't going to happen.

Here's some numbers:
Sweetpeez stated above that it takes 25,000 BANKable points to grow a tree to star level. Once it hits star level everyone who donated is guaranteed a gift. This might be the last year and there are new gifts to be had.

Large BODs: roughly range between 50 - 200 BANKABLE points or 125 to 500 BODs. That's per tree.
If everyone could do 5 large Gold or higher armor BODs it would be done. Give one to each or your chars to donate to the tree so they each get a gift. It's per character that donates and you get a nifty named gift box as well.

Small BODs: it takes 5 small BODs to equal 1 BANKable point. So yeah, it would take 125,000 small BOD's to grow the tree to star level.

For the good of the shard. Always. This IS Baja!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*hands Amber a cup of coffee* lol I have found peace with knowing that I will do every large BOD that I have available. Hopefully, it'll be enough with a few other people doing them. If not, there's nothing more that can be done. :)

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mama, when Zoogi has his Christmas party please remind me to not eat the cookies!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last night I dropped some BOD's on the Moonglow elf to get the tree to stage 2. Yeah, I know it's not on the list and I said I was going to take a break this year and not do BODs but I wanted to have one for the citizens and to be honest, I wanted a little one as well for the city that I love, Moonglow. I didn't have quite enough so I went back to the smithy and was hammering away filling more BODs when Mama FaITH messaged me saying she had seen the stick tree and brought around some BODs to get it to a lil tree! So if you want to have a chance of getting some gifts, drop some small bods on the elf today. I don't know what the chance of getting a gift is when it's at that stage is but you might get lucky. Might be worth the 2 points per BOD you drop. Good luck to those of you that choose to do it. Merry Christmas!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well.... seems like some were determined. Please know that I was taken by surprise by the actions of this renegade in red. And I thank them for their kindness to the City of Moonglow.
Any characters that now drops a small BOD will now be guaranteed a gift so have at it! Renegades in Red.jpg

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well.... seems like some were determined. Please know that I was taken by surprise by the actions of this renegade in red. And I thank them for their kindness to the City of Moonglow.
Any characters that now drops a small BOD will now be guaranteed a gift so have at it! View attachment 104100
*busts out laughing* I had to drop my magic number! lol If today didn't get me into a jolly mood, nothing will. I love Baja! *cracks her spiked valorite whip* Back to BOD's! o.0

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you JillOfAllTrades, Minoree, and Lady Angel for devoting your time and energy to showing us what community really means in UO! Moonglow is indebted to your dedication and a that tree is a beauty. Well done, ladies!

Exodus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, dang. I missed this opportunity. I thought we were waiting for Skara so I had been checking the Town Crier to see which town it was on ...I think Skara will be up by Saturday and I will be dumping all of my bods there, should be enough to get the tree to 60% I think

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Ladies in Red AND the Gents In Black stepped forward to to bring a beautiful tree to the Island of Magincia.
Many thanks to Crazy Diamond, Angel, Exodus & Dig Dug who made it so.

2019 Magincia Christmas Tree.jpg

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Booze and free food... Presents to be had.... People decorating trees... Baja life is good.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Angel drops the First BOD and the tree is born!
(Bad EM Obsidian!)

Vesper Special Christmas Tree.jpg

Angel advances the Tree to Stage 4!

Angel advancing to stage 4.jpg

EM Obsidian trying to axe the tree

EM Obsidian Chopping Down the Vesper Christmas Tree.jpg

Jill advances the tree to Star!!

Jill to Star Vesper.jpg

A HUGE Thank you goes out to Angel. She is pretty much solely responsible for Baja having any Christmas Trees this year so if you received any gifts this year it's because of her HUGE efforts. Also making significant impacts were Jill of All Trades, Exodus and Galahad. Thank you All!​

Last edited:

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you to one and all.
I am sorry I wasn't there.
I had a real life emergency this morning. Everything is fine just a bit of a scare with my Grandmother-in-law.
I just wanted to express my gratitude towards every one of you that made this happen.
You all are what make Baja not just a place to live but a great community.
Baja wouldn't be the same without any of you.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks and want to sing praises to all the devoted and generous folks of Baja for making 2020 start off on a wonderful note!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

From a tiny seed to a full grown tree with a Star Angel grew her final tree, her hometown Christmas Tree.
The Rebel In Red - Yew Christmas 2019

One person's efforts. So many gifts...
Yew 2019 Christmas Tree.jpg