• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

am i doing it wrong? (orc ships)

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
. . . so, i have no problem admitting that i miss a LOT these days, as i don't have anywhere NEAR the time to game like i used to. . . . but am i missing something? or, am i doing it wrong? ... i found myself sailing in Tokuno when i discovered an orc ship, with an orc mage onboard wearing a pumpkin helmet. let me preface this next part by just saying that i'm running a template that is not "super awesome" , and i DO know this. however, it is a template that i enjoy. with that out of the way... here is the important info: archery: 100 , tactics 70 (with jewls, 40 real) . also, i had an untrained rune beetle, and an untrained ki-rin. .... after quiet a LONG time, and almost emptying my full quiver i was never able to get the hit points of this said orc mage down by more than even what i would say to be 3% . With nearly an hour of hammering on this dude, i finally concluded that i wasn't going to defeat him. ??? maybe i'm just "behind the times" ... maybe there is something that i don't know or realize, or maybe... just maybe... have the game developers started making bosses that require a team of people to defeat? . . . i'm sorry i'm newb with these questions, but at least "back in the day" if i really wanted to do some damage to a boss/mob i could .... this time, i had zero chance. .... any feedback would be awesome. . . . . thank you for your time. :)

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those ships are part of the Halloween event this year. The pumpkinheads are difficult to kill until you scuttle their ship and then they are easy. The Dread Pirate still takes a while but Tritons eat him for lunch without getting hurt and one fills a soulbinder bottle completely up.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those ships are part of the Halloween event this year. The pumpkinheads are difficult to kill until you scuttle their ship and then they are easy. The Dread Pirate still takes a while but Tritons eat him for lunch without getting hurt and one fills a soulbinder bottle completely up.
no sure what scuttle is? ... and i don't know what a triton is, so i will look that up too. :)

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no sure what scuttle is? ... and i don't know what a triton is, so i will look that up too. :)
You use your ship's cannons and attack the Pirate ship until it is at 30% and then you can board the ship. (You can keep track of the damage by mousing over the Pirate ship's main mast.) The pirates are much easier to kill after that, except for the Dread Pirate, if the ship happens to have one.....they all don't. A Triton is a new pet.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You use your ship's cannons and attack the Pirate ship until it is at 30% and then you can board the ship. (You can keep track of the damage by mousing over the Pirate ship's main mast.) The pirates are much easier to kill after that, except for the Dread Pirate, if the ship happens to have one.....they all don't. A Triton is a new pet.
ohhh... so, if you are like me (using a cassic build ship) ... and don't have any cannons, then i assume you are out of luck? :(