• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who is responsible for this art?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As if the new aquariums weren't bad enough...

I've tried lowering from that floor, no joy. Can whoever is responsible for this please stop? I shouldn't have to rearrange the whole damn floor to cover deco that pokes through from the floor below. It's not like I've raised it either! If that was the case, I'd just lower it, job done.

There's quite a few bits that could use sorting out, so could next year maybe be fix year please? Tidy up the portraits & rubbish lying around the landscape, fix the art that pokes through to the floor above, let my poor cooks apron show above her dress, that sort of thing.

@Mesanna @Kyronix

upload_2019-12-1_17-3-33.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As annoying as it is I rather doubt they care. They are mostly oblivious to keeping the proper perspective of the game however warped that may be... They are oblivious to keeping things properly sized as the giant rocking horse can prove... and they are inconsistent with the current style of things and sometimes lack any texture or details... not that I'm some big art critic but really... much of the art for a while looked "plastic" and lacked all detail. Take that new gray brick set... it looks like white lines painted on a flat gray surface... and then look at the old brick styles... they have cracks, texture, and detail...

However, in their defense on this one, when have they EVER cared about if something pokes up through the floor? DEVs from the beginning started that... there are dozens of old school things that poke through the floor and many of them are trees... even the first Christmas trees we got years ago stick up through the floor... That cute little one beside you at least does not... but yeah it's something they have failed at forever... and you have garland sticking up... But the Garland is always quirky... in the EC for the longest time that crap actually was on the floor where in the CC it was at the proper height... how annoying would you find that. The doormats are off in the EC as well ... And there are some paintings and whatnot that actually don't sit against the wall and you can walk behind them... talk about disgusting. I think there is still one that when you place it places darn near halfway up the floor above.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yes it is annoying the way they do some art.
my suggestion would be to move your xmas party to the roof, that way it don't matter

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love to move it to the roof, but my roof is where my resources are. A dozen beds, a small orchard, bee hives, grape vines...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Why should people have to put items on the roof just because they didn't make them properly? Hearth of the Home Fire is one of the worst offenders and it has been around a LONG time, almost 20 years. They know the limitations of the game environment when they create objects, they should all be properly tested and work as intended. the worst of it is they know things are broken but they never bother to fix them, it looks shoddy to new players. :(

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As long as people keep tolerating it, like saying, Just move it to the roof, or creating some other silly workaround for their bugs, we will keep getting this kind of stuff.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This would be my take; these are the parameters within which you must work. We don't mind how you get there, but it needs to fit - and then you need to go test it and make sure...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The other forum seems to think finding 'workarounds' for almost anything is actually a solution, maybe people just need to do their jobs properly!
They long got rid of the QA department in favor of 'publishing to test center' and hope for replies from players to test out their code. If not found/fixed in initial release - they never go back and fix anything of value. The most you get is like 'fixed NPC fishing spelling error' or some nonsense that took 1 second to fix.

The list of things borked is extremely long and people stopped complaining because they never get addressed and to the dev team - they went away.

It makes the game look like crap and they continue to waste time on things that don't drive new players and no one asked for. I mean seriously - we didn't need beer making and coffee. How about make the combat system and macro system work for a change? How about being able to edit macros in the 2d client without the tasks getting out of order?

I mean the basics of playing the game are crap - but you can fill you time with making coffee.

Its like having a car with a blown transmission, leaking brake lines, flat tires and a missing windsheild and the repair shop gives you a rainbow colored mirror to make things right. THAT is the state of UO.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They long got rid of the QA department in favor of 'publishing to test center' and hope for replies from players to test out their code. If not found/fixed in initial release - they never go back and fix anything of value. The most you get is like 'fixed NPC fishing spelling error' or some nonsense that took 1 second to fix.

The list of things borked is extremely long and people stopped complaining because they never get addressed and to the dev team - they went away.

It makes the game look like crap and they continue to waste time on things that don't drive new players and no one asked for. I mean seriously - we didn't need beer making and coffee. How about make the combat system and macro system work for a change? How about being able to edit macros in the 2d client without the tasks getting out of order?

I mean the basics of playing the game are crap - but you can fill you time with making coffee.

Its like having a car with a blown transmission, leaking brake lines, flat tires and a missing windsheild and the repair shop gives you a rainbow colored mirror to make things right. THAT is the state of UO.
This is what I say all the time it's like talking to a brick wall whenever you complain about something that is broken in the game... the devs either deny that it's broken or they claim they can't reproduce it even if you tell them exactly how... I bitched for MONTHS about how the effects in the EC caused it to lock up... but that fell on deaf ears until I posted screenshots in here of an event then others agreed with me about it and finally they just put in a "fix" that pretty much turned them off... No effects for you... just turn them off that'll fix it... no fixing the obvious problems... just remove stuff from the game... but whatever.

And people wonder why I get disgusted and complain. I was brought up that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"... well, I have no intention of stopping squeaking even if it falls on deaf ears... eventually I'm sure I'll hit a nerve and they will do something about it.

I often feel that you have to "shame" them into fixing their broken product... which you shouldn't have to do.

I wish the DEVs took pride in their game... now they claim they do... but when you look at some of the stuff you have to wonder.

I keep wondering just what exactly do they do all day? Because it seems to me that very little of it is spent actually working and even less time is spent on testing.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is what I say all the time it's like talking to a brick wall whenever you complain about something that is broken in the game... the devs either deny that it's broken or they claim they can't reproduce it even if you tell them exactly how... I bitched for MONTHS about how the effects in the EC caused it to lock up... but that fell on deaf ears until I posted screenshots in here of an event then others agreed with me about it and finally they just put in a "fix" that pretty much turned them off... No effects for you... just turn them off that'll fix it... no fixing the obvious problems... just remove stuff from the game... but whatever.

And people wonder why I get disgusted and complain. I was brought up that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"... well, I have no intention of stopping squeaking even if it falls on deaf ears... eventually I'm sure I'll hit a nerve and they will do something about it.

I often feel that you have to "shame" them into fixing their broken product... which you shouldn't have to do.

I wish the DEVs took pride in their game... now they claim they do... but when you look at some of the stuff you have to wonder.

I keep wondering just what exactly do they do all day? Because it seems to me that very little of it is spent actually working and even less time is spent on testing.

Well they sure spent a crapload of time on this story arc - so much so that I can't even figgure out where to start. I need a dummies guide to blackthorns, to fellowship coins to fellowship medalians etc etc. Its so convoluted the casual gamer has no hope to have fun in this game.

I can boot up any other game and drop in and start playing. This game has become only for the 20 year vets that have played non-stop and kept up with all the story line, arc, items etc. Its no wonder thier player base just keeps dwindling. Eventually they will be down to one person. What a sh*t show.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well they sure spent a crapload of time on this story arc - so much so that I can't even figgure out where to start. I need a dummies guide to blackthorns, to fellowship coins to fellowship medalians etc etc. Its so convoluted the casual gamer has no hope to have fun in this game.

I can boot up any other game and drop in and start playing. This game has become only for the 20 year vets that have played non-stop and kept up with all the story line, arc, items etc. Its no wonder thier player base just keeps dwindling. Eventually they will be down to one person. What a sh*t show.
Sounds like you should find your way to Dungeon Wrong and just hang out there.

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hearth of the Home Fire is still buggy and after the last release not only the new aquarium and the Chrismas stuff but also many rugs are bugged. Only the char who place them and his account
can see them

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

At least they spent time making EC gumps transparent and reverting it some days later. Time well spent.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Hearth fireplace chimney was meant to be used with a straw or palm or thatch roof like on a lot of town shop roofs. It looks correct if you follow traditional housing from the early days.

Trouble is with flat roofs in keeps or castles it does not jive well. And thats what most people have today big flat roof surfaces so they maximize every square tile that there is.

You cannot achieve perfection in this imperfect set up.