• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dismbarking normal boat broken?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Whilst I don't clearly remember the last time I used a normal boat for tasks, I have switched to using one for fishing up MiBs lately as it is less cumbersome and obstructive.

What I have noticed that if you lower the gangplank and try to leave the boat close to land you just get rubber banded back in to the boat. This happens no matter what facet, which boat direction,which small boat type, how far from shore, mounted or dismounted and this happens 100% of the time.
Only way to disembark this way now is to physically unlock the gangplank, lower it then step off and re-lock behind you.

Ok, I know it's only a trivial issue and I can certainly work around it, just wondered if it was just me or is my memory of leaving a small boat wrong? I'm pretty sure you didn't have to unlock to disembark before?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's always been buggy getting off the old school boats... you have to go slow.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If I remember correctly, your character can't be in always running mode. You have to walk in order to use the gangplank. Could that be the problem?
Haha!! You know what, that never even clocked to me shows how long it's been since I used a normal boat! Yup, always run was on! :D
Thanks for setting me straight! ;)