• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CU Sidhe build advice needed

KennyAr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I just tamed a Cu Sidhe with 600 hit, 612 Str, 71 Cold resist and 73 Energy resist. I would like to train it to be my primary pet, for both T-hunting and the rat champion spawns.

I need some advice on the build.

1) which specialty choice is better
AI/Chivalry, AI/Spellweaving, AI/Mysticism or AI/Discordance
Or any other combinations?

2) a third specialty or more points on Hits and Str
To have goo, or any other specialty. Or just add the points to Hits and Str.

Need your advice. Thanks.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just tamed a Cu Sidhe with 600 hit, 612 Str, 71 Cold resist and 73 Energy resist. I would like to train it to be my primary pet, for both T-hunting and the rat champion spawns.

I need some advice on the build.

1) which specialty choice is better
AI/Chivalry, AI/Spellweaving, AI/Mysticism or AI/Discordance
Or any other combinations?

2) a third specialty or more points on Hits and Str
To have goo, or any other specialty. Or just add the points to Hits and Str.

Need your advice. Thanks.
It's going to depend on your template. Does it need to clear spawn? Or maximize boss dps? Or a mix of both? I use a necromage tamer and I use ai/chiv. Are you going to be using taming III mastery?

KennyAr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's going to depend on your template. Does it need to clear spawn? Or maximize boss dps? Or a mix of both? I use a necromage tamer and I use ai/chiv. Are you going to be using taming III mastery?
I used to play with a discord tamer mage. I would like to change it to a necro tamer to see how good he is in soloing t-hunting and the rat spawns.

Current tamer build

120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Magery
120 Discord
120 Music

Would change to
120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Necro
120 SS
120 Mediatation or Magery (not sure yet)

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I used to play with a discord tamer mage. I would like to change it to a necro tamer to see how good he is in soloing t-hunting and the rat spawns.

Current tamer build

120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Magery
120 Discord
120 Music

Would change to
120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Necro
120 SS
120 Mediatation or Magery (not sure yet)
I use 120 tame lore necro ss mage sw. You can clear all spawn in protection with a few withers. Stay in wraith. I barely have my pet do anything til lvl 4, then have it guard me. Sw is super useful for WoD and a sdi boost on boss. If you can work in more med with skill jewelry it works great. Obviously this template wouldn't work for solo t hunting tho.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
For Thuntinf he would stone the necro for the Thunting main skill tho..RT and carto back and for depending on what he does.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With a necro/mage/weaver you don’t need to bother with a pet for a rat spawn. Build an SDI suit with 4/6 casting. Mine is around 150 SDI and still has 4/6 with all resists and mage mods.

Wraith form. Use essence of wind for level 1 and 2 without protection, then wither in protection for 3 and 4. Gift of renewal/orange petals/spirit speak to stay alive.

For the piper use arcane empowerment, corpse skin and flamestrike with a repond book and finish with WOD. Solo the spawn in about 25 minutes.

If your really looking for a pet to bring along you might consider a discord fire steed (between discord and corpse skin AI isn’t much of a gain over straight fire damage)

Last edited:

KennyAr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
With a necro/mage/weaver you don’t need to bother with a pet for a rat spawn. Build an SDI suit with 4/6 casting. Mine is around 150 SDI and still has 4/6 with all resists and mage mods.

Wraith form. Use essence of wind for level 1 and 2 without protection, then wither in protection for 3 and 4. Gift of renewal/orange petals/spirit speak to stay alive.

For the piper use arcane empowerment, corpse skin and flamestrike with a respond book and finish with WOD. Solo the spawn in about 25 minutes.

If your really looking for a pet to bring along use a you might consider a discord fire steed (between discord and corpse skin AI isn’t much of a gain over straight fire damage)
My suit now is around 130 SDI, but I think sometimes I need to put on the Luck suit instead. I used the Luck suit more often as a Discord tamer. If I bring both, it means I will have pay double when pked. :p

I am not in a popular shard, that's why I can occationally go for the spawns alone without being pked. The downside is that no one there in the spellweaving circle.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My suit now is around 130 SDI, but I think sometimes I need to put on the Luck suit instead. I used the Luck suit more often as a Discord tamer. If I bring both, it means I will have pay double when pked. :p

I am not in a popular shard, that's why I can occationally go for the spawns alone without being pked. The downside is that no one there in the spellweaving circle.
Get a level 3 mastery and train a GM spellweaver on an EJ account parked on the Brit circle... instant focus anytime you want.