• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestion for devs ?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know it'd be a long shot but what's the best way to go about this ?

Whether its commission vendors or normal vendors, I was hoping to suggest to "remove" the collect, add and withdraw functions of them and have them solely pull and deposit from the bank.

I mean to me it makes sense. Not sure about anyone else.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cant add money to new vendors. Deposit takes money from the bank withdraw puts it in the bank.

Have you used them?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cant add money to new vendors. Deposit takes money from the bank withdraw puts it in the bank.

Have you used them?
I only use commission vendors so cant speak to the normal ones. So I guess based on commission alone, I'd like to see the need to withdraw removed, where when an item is sold. It goes into the bank automatically.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I disagree, how would you know if your vendor made money or lost money or keep track of their sales. Only takes a few seconds to deposit from vendor to bank.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I disagree, how would you know if your vendor made money or lost money or keep track of their sales. Only takes a few seconds to deposit from vendor to bank.
Like I posted, just a suggestion that like most. Will probably never be implemented because in the end. The DEVs will do what generally suits their needs.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh ok. You want the gold to go directly in the bank and not be held on the vendor.

I hope they do not try to code that. Just dbl clk vendor and put the funds in the bank.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I like knowing when a sale has been made so I think directly going into bank isn’t a good idea. However, the option to do so could be good for those you feel similarly to you.

What id really love to see is a gump that shows you WHAT you sold. I’ll make a sale but not even know exactly what it was that sold.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like knowing when a sale has been made so I think directly going into bank isn’t a good idea. However, the option to do so could be good for those you feel similarly to you.

What id really love to see is a gump that shows you WHAT you sold. I’ll make a sale but not even know exactly what it was that sold.
I like the idea bec instead of making it hard to search a vendor having 20 bags all with labels. I have 20 categorized vendors. Initial cost on a commission deed x 20 is a lot, sure. But in the end, the commission is still the same and the cost of the deeds is paid back with one SOS per or one fabled net for all etc.

Only small annoyance is checking 20 vendors and depositing, even though sure. Only 2 or 3 might have a sale at any given time.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had over 40 vendors for quite some time and I enjoyed seeing their gold increase, that was like my savings account and I only took gold from the vendors when I wanted something fun or important and didn't have enough in my bank account.
I try to make my characters self sustaining but now that's hard to even know if I do because all gold goes to the account and not to the character.