• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick simple question.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can somebody please remind me just by fishing up an SOS spot. Generally speaking bec I don't know if it's consistent, but what creatures come up with the regulars and then the ancients?

Ty.

Thinking I might try to get into a few today after I get some sleep.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
No creatures just the chest, and also sometimes prechest items.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No creatures just the chest, and also sometimes prechest items.
I couldn't remember but I thought they did. I know they come up with the nets though, thank you.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, stupid question but can you still technically get a serpent?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, stupid question but can you still technically get a serpent?

I don’t remember actually pulling up a serpent while in the spot a chest is, until after the chest comes up but cannot say for sure it couldn’t happen.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why? ---- are serpents a problem or do you want their loot?
Personal curiosity not that it matters because I can kill a serpent to get the message in a bottle so no. Not a problem.

Just think that on the off-chance it happens, it would be pretty ... cool.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been a while since I have done any quantities of SOS's but I sure don't remember ever seeing one come from an SOS. Did a few of the new ones when they first came out and was less than impressed so haven't done any since. After Halloween and and all the new stuff and everything settles down I'll probably do a bunch.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been a while since I have done any quantities of SOS's but I sure don't remember ever seeing one come from an SOS. Did a few of the new ones when they first came out and was less than impressed so haven't done any since. After Halloween and and all the new stuff and everything settles down I'll probably do a bunch.
New ones ?

Haven't played since 2014 that was for maybe one. Killing cycle, prior to that 2012ish. But only been back I think a week now.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's one obviously fishing in the murky *G* Basically nothing has changed much about MIB fishing - with HS new deco items were added and now with Forgetten Treasures some pretty chic additional like brand new pictures, portholes and anchors and some more - check out the news on Forgetten Treasures. The good thing is that this is permanently integrated into the game again. I did some MiB a week ago and sea-serpents can also spawn by pulling the chest up ;). But you have more change to pull serpents by sailing and fishing.

If all this deco stuff gets too much for you at some point, throw it in the trash barrel and get points for clean-up.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as new content goes compared to the old. I've only got HS at present.

But generally speaking I don't treasure hunt til I have at least at min 50 MIB's saved.

Might occasionally burn one or two purposes of boredom though.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*out of boredom

Btw.

If anybody knows how to edit a reply from this Tapatalk app, please let me know. I can't figure it out if it's even possible. Didn't exactly find anything with a quick search online either. But it is possible I might have overlooked something with how tired I am.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*out of boredom

Btw.

If anybody knows how to edit a reply from this Tapatalk app, please let me know. I can't figure it out if it's even possible. Didn't exactly find anything with a quick search online either. But it is possible I might have overlooked something with how tired I am.

Click at the top of your post on the right side where the post number and time posted are

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, there's still the same chance for a cast on fishing up a chest as from any other deep water fishing. Got one serpent that way when I went out and did 20 SOS in the pirate infested waters east of Jhelom.

Also had to take out a few pirate ships (which is why I brought backup in the form of another player, so if one came up while I was casting he could draw fire).

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New ones ?

Haven't played since 2014 that was for maybe one. Killing cycle, prior to that 2012ish. But only been back I think a week now.

Yes there is some new stuff, can't even remember what it is now. Only thing that made an impression was the Porthole. One thing I remember tho, was Ancients give "named for various famous or infamous ships" names on the new stuff now.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If anybody knows how to edit a reply from this Tapatalk app, please let me know.

Kinda off topic but here's how to turn off your tapatalk signature.

Follow the little arrows at the upper left corner of your app's screen, until you left the board and are in your own menu. At the upper right, there's a person icon - click it.
Choose "settings".
Choose "signature".
Disable the signature, or at least remove the sentence about your phone.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda off topic but here's how to turn off your tapatalk signature.

Follow the little arrows at the upper left corner of your app's screen, until you left the board and are in your own menu. At the upper right, there's a person icon - click it.
Choose "settings".
Choose "signature".
Disable the signature, or at least remove the sentence about your phone.
Admittedly I was a little curious about that but not too concerned. Thank you!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
NewMIBloot.jpg
New SOS items, added this year
Ancient SOS will have the name of the shipwreck (even the chest)

porthole (open and closes)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, the anchor and chain are designed so that if you put the chain to the right of the anchor, it looks like they are one piece.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And, the anchor and chain are designed so that if you put the chain to the right of the anchor, it looks like they are one piece.
Got an anchor last night. Have yo go through spoils to see if I got a chin as wel.