• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

re another increased storage question

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I had this happen:

Per my EA/ Mythic account information page, I do have ML, HS & a Storage Upgrade. There is no date or further information given on this page for the listed storage upgrade other than it being found sandwiched between the ML & HS information and being denoted as:

Housing and Bank Storage Upgrade
Access to Increased storage enabled

Per my purchase history w/ the Origin store, there is no indication of a Storage Upgrade ever being purchased for my account. This led me to consider the storage upgrade already attached to my account to be an extension of either the ML or HS upgrades and not the one advertised in the Origin store.

Because the Origin store advertised storage upgrade is said to be compatible w/ the ML/ HS upgrades, I went ahead and purchased it. The supplied code turned out to be unusable by my account because the storage upgrade already listed on my account is considered the same and already applied.

But my purchase history (which is a complete purchase history from when I opened this account) does not show any Storage Upgrade ever having been purchased...

Barring my having acquired a storage upgrade code outside of the Origin store, I do not know how the above can be explained. As noted above, no date is given for when my account acquired its storage upgrade; this allows the mystery to remain yet more mysterious as one cannot pinpoint a date for comparison w/ other purchases (or, know if this was enabled w/ ML or HS and was no purchase at all).

After dealing w/ both the UO & BS support teams and being ultimately referred to EA, my refund request is still pending (I have to find the time to entertain either their website chat support or receiving a phone call, two things that my schedule doesn't allow for atm). Why am I sharing this here? Hopefully, someone here may be able to help me better understand the above; I sure don't.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IIRC, there was a package deal in the past where you could buy the storage upgrade and the 7th character slot as one code.

I's possible that you did that, but were mostly concerned with getting slot #7, and put the storage upgrade out of mind.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IIRC, there was a package deal in the past where you could buy the storage upgrade and the 7th character slot as one code.

I's possible that you did that, but were mostly concerned with getting slot #7, and put the storage upgrade out of mind.
I did the package deal, so it was a thing. I’d bet that’s what happened.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for taking the time to look through all that tangle and offer advice...

The account dates to 2015. I don't think it ever didn't have a 7th character slot...

I did look through my purchase history again looking for any "package" deals and noticed a few Legacy Tokens were bought (those had soulstones) and also the HS and SA purchases. I know the HS came w/ a storage bonus... maybe the SA did also (at that time)? I am still stumped on this.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't think accounts ever came with 7 slots native. You had to pay for the upgrade, either separately or with the slot/storage package (which if I remember correctly, saved the buyer $10 from separate purchases, when it was available).

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't think accounts ever came with 7 slots native. You had to pay for the upgrade, either separately or with the slot/storage package (which if I remember correctly, saved the buyer $10 from separate purchases, when it was available).
Ah. Well, I know this much: I've never paid too much attention to character slots because, when I did play on a non-Siege shard, I ran no more than two characters... but I do recall hearing (and have since verified) that the 7th anniversary expansion includes a 7th character slot, and my account does have both the expansion and the slot.

If it helps, my account features are listed in the following order w/ no dates given:

Renaissance
Renaissance expansion enabled
Lord Blackthornes Revenge
Lord Blackthornes Revenge expansion enabled
Age of Shadows
Age of Shadows expansion enabled
7th Anniversary
7th Anniversary expansion enabled
Samurai Empire
Samurai Empire expansion enabled
Mondains Legacy
Mondains Legacy expansion enabled
Housing and Bank Storage Upgrade
Access to Increased storage enabled
Stygian Abyss
Stygian Abyss expansion enabled
High Seas
High Seas enabled
Flag: Retail
This is a retail account
Rustic Theme Pack
Rustic Theme Pack
Kings Collection - Theme Pack
Kings Collection - Theme Pack enabled
Time of Legends
Time of Legends expansion enabled

I look up at that list and the following strike me: the Housing and Bank Storage Upgrade is located immediately after ML; could it be that this was a band aid fix to applying a 20% storage upgrade on the account, intended to be in lieu of the one normally going w/ ML, but different... different enough to block the code I recently purchased?

Again, the account dates to 2015. Per the purchase history, SA & HS were both purchased then, on the same day and at the same time. The account went on to lay dormant until 2018, having had purchases including a) game time codes, b) legacy tokens, c) a name change token, and d) king's collection & rustic theme packs (ToL was free for having been active at the time)... no storage upgrade was ever purchased.

I have a feeling I am on to something w/ my band aid theory and that, if it is correct, others have also been affected. Thanks again to all who entertain this matter and help w/ any advice or information.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Okay..... well, stop the presses. I did buy it back in 2016....

EA puts purchases made at the same time together and they appear as a single line on the purchase history. The line where the storage upgrade was hiding read "Kings Collection... " but had a price of 29.98, something I hadn't noticed before. Seeing the price clued me in to open up the details on that purchase and, sure enough, the storage upgrade was there.

This had been stumping me since July when the purchase was made; had BS/ UO or Origin/ EA pointed out to me that a storage upgrade purchase was in fact previously made, applied and that the dates match (something I pointed out to them wasn't the case, per my observation), this wouldn't have dragged on so far (and I mention that as a reason why I brought all of this here, not to disparage them). In any case, I am glad this is resolved.

So, yeah thanks to all who followed along and tried to help..... EA stands vindicated and rightfully so. Okay, back to farming mongbats.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
7th anniversary was the 6TH character slot.