• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Commission vendor

candlemass

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have to be the owner of the house to place a commission vendor? ? I tried with other co owners from other accounts,and It would not let me.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just came back to the game so this is all still new to me and I don't own a house yet. But at the very least, you would think it would also work with a co-owner since AFAIK from what I've read and already know. Co owners affect lockdowns in the same manner these new vendors do.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I just came back to the game so this is all still new to me and I don't own a house yet. But at the very least, you would think it would also work with a co-owner since AFAIK from what I've read and already know. Co owners affect lockdowns in the same manner these new vendors do.
I think it was in the release notes that only the owner account, i.e. any character in that owner account can place vendors. The reason being also that imagine if you had 10 vendors from 10 different players. Whatever is in each of those vendors would count against the total items in the house. There would be no way to control what each account put on their vendor. 5 items? 100 items? etc. Imagine 10 vendors of other people each with 50-100 items. That could take a serious toll on the total lockdowns, items etc of the house owner. Cause more problems and would not work. The idea also is that only the owner of the house should be able to control the total number of items and space availability. So looks like the Devs did their thinking with this one.
Would definitely not touch it, works as intended imo.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does not answer that question.

Commission Vendor
A new type of vendor is available for purchase from all merchants that sell vendor contracts.

• Race of the vendor is dependent on the race of the character who places the vendor
  • Vendor will not charge an hourly commission, but instead will take a 5.25% commission fee on each purchase.
  • The Commission Vendor will be linked to the house where it is placed and have its contents count against total house lockdowns.
  • No lockdowns will be counted unless an item is added to the vendor.
  • The vendor is limited to its backpack limit
  • Gold cannot be deposited into the Commission Vendor’s gold account

Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes – Ultima Online

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep looks like it. So they chose it this way I guess, to avoid the grind of fixing or changing things later, when people put a lot of stuff on their vendor and take up a lot of the owners house item space. Then the stuff would hit the fan. Preventative maintenance maybe?
But..on the flip side, for the person(s) with multi houses and multi-accounts on multi-shards a little inconvenience of sorts. Their xsharder non-owner char would have to unload the goods in the box in the house, then their house owner would have to place the stuff on his/her vendors. Still not too bad really. Avoids conflicting interests between players otherwise, vendor items vs house capacity of the owner etc.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
This type of vendor will likely help bring some life into UO vendoring and trading, and OUTSIDE of the mall, possibly improve life in the lower pop shards. Remember we asked for it a while back. Now in lower pop shards we finally see some decent prices, and some decent items on VS. I hope people will be happy with this!

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of that commission, is that an upfront payment that's returned if the items removed or only taken if it sells ?

If it's the latter, that's awesome or will be for me as a returning player (when I'm back in and actually have a home again) not having funds to pay upfront and only worrying if it sells.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Awesome, Ty.

I'd imagine the flip to that would be a coding nightmare.
To change it, possibly. We hope they do not touch it anymore frankly.
Thanks this change, you will see many many more items on VS, and when people are settled in, you will see competition for lower prices and better items on VS. That means good for all, and instead of a lot of items gathering dust and just taking space in people's homes, they will now be available, finally. Initially the item prices will not drop extremely, but when items are not being sold and just take space on these vendors you will definitely people trying to undercut prices, and price dropping. For very high priced items (collectibles), this may not work as fast also, but they are super overblown. You will see powerscrolls dropping in price though, pretty much everywhere including ATL "mall", esp some 110 and 115 PS, which will be nice finally for the large majority of the players. Holliday items, etc, etc. Good time to be back in the game.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Already back, just gotta work on moving at least one character so I can try to settle in on someplace like GL which is where I'm leaning towards as a final selection. Still some scouting to do, but looking like GL will win.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i like the new venders, but I noticed on atl that when I look for certain items, I get a lot of weapons that come up and many are up to 175 mil. more and more seem to be up daily on these new venders. i didn't type in anything to do with weapons. in the future, i wonder how many pages ill have to go thr before i see what i typed in lol. we may need to improve vender search to easily find what you want. i think they are hoping that someone doesnt know prices and buys them because many were not worth it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm glad they kept the max at 175. There are many who put stuff on these vendors at stupid high prices.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I bought a 1 million gold fish steak the other day on Siege. I'm not sure who would price a fish steak like that but I couldn't resist buying it.