• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Players' Vendors having Locked Chests : Is there a way to see their content before buying them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whether with the Classic Client or the Enhanced Client, does anyone know whether there is a way to "see" what is inside of a Locked Chest on sale on a player's Vendor "before" actually purchasing it and picking the lock ?

Thanks.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn't you all ever hear the joke about a round room and peeing in the corner... same concept here...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't you all ever hear the joke about a round room and peeing in the corner... same concept here...
Well, there is no corner in a round room so, is that a way to say that it is impossible ?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
To the OP, sorry we did not mean to pee on the post, but looks like there is no legit way to look in the locked box. Therefore would not buy it..:)

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As a poor someone, I would definitely buy any locked boxes that I see. I think the curiosity would get the best of me every time. Plus that is how you remain a poor someone.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Using vendor search and set price range to match the price of the item. Now if there are multiple chest that are locked at the same price it won't show you what specific item is in which box but it will allow you to see what is in the boxes at that price.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or when people used to do vendors with 'grab bag chest - win a crimson' - first there was no way to be sure any of the locked boxes had the good item. Second, you could wait until server down message to buy the boxes and then your purchase was not saved but you could make a note of which boxes had the good items then at server up - rebuy only the good boxes. I'm assuming the server down trick likely still works but i've never done it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using vendor search and set price range to match the price of the item. Now if there are multiple chest that are locked at the same price it won't show you what specific item is in which box but it will allow you to see what is in the boxes at that price.
@The Doctor

Unfortunately, that is my issue.....

"Multiple" locked Chests but with different content...

I would like to "pinpoint" my purchases and select only the Locked containers with whatever inside that I need, without having to purchase also those which I do not need to the discard the useless (for me) contents and retain only what I really need....

Unless I can see what is inside them, somehow, I am forced to "blind" purchase them all and then only retain the contents I need which is a waste of gold...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@The Doctor

I would like to "pinpoint" my purchases and select only the Locked containers with whatever inside that I need, without having to purchase also those which I do not need to the discard the useless (for me) contents and retain only what I really need....

Unless I can see what is inside them, somehow, I am forced to "blind" purchase them all and then only retain the contents I need which is a waste of gold...
I betting you don't get invited to Deal or No Deal events.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You just admitted to wanting to manipulate the system to your personal advantage.

That's shady AF.

You should be ashamed.
Why ? AIn't the seller then manipulating the system by putting buyers in the position that they have to buy all locked containers if they want to get those particular items which they might be interested in ?

Why should the sellers hold all the advantages and the buyers all the disadvantages because of how the mechanics works ?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why ? AIn't the seller then manipulating the system by putting buyers in the position that they have to buy all locked containers if they want to get those particular items which they might be interested in ?

Why should the sellers hold all the advantages and the buyers all the disadvantages because of how the mechanics works ?
It's supposed to be fun... You wouldn't understand. Have you ever bought a lottery ticket? Same concept.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Since you're obviously talking about a vendor selling locked chests containing random items (and one or two really good items) at a flat price with the intention of creating a lotto, no. You, the gambler, shouldn't have an easy way to cheat the system so you can snag the good stuff without having to buy potentially undesirable chests.

You've now publicly exposed yourself as a wannabe cheater, and an exceptionally lazy one at that (which isn't at all surprising based on your prior threads).

SHAME.png

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

It could possibly be that the seller doesn't have a lockpicker to unlock the chests that he gets off monsters or the brown boxes from scallis, so he just sells them as is.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Since you're obviously talking about a vendor selling locked chests containing random items (and one or two really good items) at a flat price with the intention of creating a lotto, no. You, the gambler, shouldn't have an easy way to cheat the system so you can snag the good stuff without having to buy potentially undesirable chests.

You've now publicly exposed yourself as a wannabe cheater, and an exceptionally lazy one at that (which isn't at all surprising based on your prior threads).

I am sure @popps was not aware that what he was asking was a way to cheat the system, lotto or otherwise. I also doubt that he is a cheater by nature. I also have seen his posts. He asks some good questions, some of which repeat themselves, and that is ok. Most likely he is a part time player, but he seems to like the game. It hurts to see that some of the questions he asks lead to a piss gang party against him, and cringe when I see that. We as a community here should be a little kinder than that.
This game is massive, with millions of options and buttons and directions to go. Sometimes the concepts of short-cuts and cheating blur.
I think it would have sufficed to mention that trying to find the contents of a locked chest on a vendor or lotto vendor is not appropriate and may border cheating would suffice rather than call him a cheater. Some of us need a little help to understand the system a little better. Thats a bit harsh to call him a cheater. Have a little heart.:heart:

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am sure @popps was not aware that what he was asking was a way to cheat the system, lotto or otherwise. I also doubt that he is a cheater by nature. I also have seen his posts. He asks some good questions, some of which repeat themselves, and that is ok. Most likely he is a part time player, but he seems to like the game.
This game is massive, with millions of options and buttons and directions to go. Sometimes the concepts of short-cuts and cheating blur.
I think it would have sufficed to mention that trying to find the contents of a locked chest on a vendor or lotto vendor is not appropriate and may border cheating would suffice rather than call him a cheater. Some of us need a little help to understand the system a little better. Thats a bit harsh to call him a cheater. Have a little heart.:heart:
It's comments like these that make everyone hate you.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@The Doctor

ahhhh .. that's why its "gambling" duh ..
you've been here a long time & your not a "newbie ....
was this just a post to see how many people you can upset?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also have seen his posts. He asks some good questions, some of which repeat themselves, and that is ok. Most likely he is a part time player, but he seems to like the game.
95% of his questions could be answered with 30 seconds of googling or 10 seconds on one of the major UO wikis.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just love how @popps plays the ignorance card %99.9 of the time and there is always someone out there trying to defend him. @popps has been playing UO for over 20 years and tries to get people to accept that he knows less than a 1 day old NOOB

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually no.

This is mo Lotto or anything like that but regular, spawning Locked Chests like, for example, the Miasma chests which come Locked and the seller places on the Vendor...

There is no jackpot to easily be gotten.... simply, only avoiding buying a whole lot of junk (and the time to be wasted to sort everything through...) just to get that 1 item that one might be interested in....

That would be "cheating" when over the Years we've seen stuff going on WILD like Duping, Hacking, Scripting etc. etc. and it still goes on, for what I have understood ?

Pleeeeeease....................

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It could possibly be that the seller doesn't have a lockpicker to unlock the chests that he gets off monsters or the brown boxes from scallis, so he just sells them as is.
And I think that this is the case.....

My only problem is, that only 1 in a number of locked containers has what I need... I do not see why I should buy 15 locked containers to get that 1 container with whatever items I may need.... I was hoping that there was a way to identify the locked container on a vendor with whatever inside that I need and just not have to buy all of the other locked containers as well, wasting gold and time in doing that.....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you ask the clerk to allow you to scratch off Lottery tickets before you purchase them so you only pay for the ones you really want?
Why do you mention Lotto or Lottery tickets when I am instead talking about Locked containers which REGULARLY spawn in the game and the Vending player just gets them as they are (locked) and puts them on a Vendor ??

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just love how @popps plays the ignorance card %99.9 of the time and there is always someone out there trying to defend him. @popps has been playing UO for over 20 years and tries to get people to accept that he knows less than a 1 day old NOOB
I have been on and off for long times and, in between what changed and what I totally forgot, it is all a new game, entirely.....

So, yes, I do feel for many things like a 1 day old NOOB..............

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do you mention Lotto or Lottery tickets when I am instead talking about Locked containers which REGULARLY spawn in the game and the Vending player just gets them as they are (locked) and puts them on a Vendor ??
Lotto tickets regularly Spawn at Gas Stations. You want the "winner" chest and want to cheat to get it.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you only want the fel maps from the miasma chest and want to find a work around to get only those chest from the vendors. Because everything else in a miasma chest is JUNK.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you only want the fel maps from the miasma chest and want to find a work around to get only those chest from the vendors. Because everything else in a miasma chest is JUNK.
Sort of....

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
stay up till server down when the 2 minutes message came in and hurry to buy them after 2 minutes then you have like a minute or 2 not saving...was working back in the days....but wow to save what 200-300k...

Draden

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
stay up till server down when the 2 minutes message came in and hurry to buy them after 2 minutes then you have like a minute or 2 not saving...was working back in the days....but wow to save what 200-300k...
Oh My , you didnt read any of the previous posts did you? Now you have been forever labeled!!!! For Shame!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would also like to remove any fun whatsoever from playing video games. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Have Broadsword support the product? Have EA own the product? Screw all of them over ... EA owns and Broadsword supports. Hows that for fun removal?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That whole SHAME thing really didn't work out so well for Septa Unella in the end did it :)

577c28dddd08952a418b4774.jpg

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Popps might sound like a noob sometimes asking tons of noobs questions , but at least he's a honest, non-agressive player , no bad intentions . Many of yall' bashing on him all the time , like Tyrath, Stinky Pete, victim of Siege , Gart Grey, notice how half of the hateful comments come from siege players, can you please go back and hide on your dead shard Siege perilous and let this man breath , jesus .

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Popps might sound like a noob sometimes asking tons of noobs questions , but at least he's a honest, non-agressive player , no bad intentions . Many of yall' bashing on him all the time , like Tyrath, Stinky Pete, victim of Siege , Gart Grey, notice how half of the hateful comments come from siege players, can you please go back and hide on your dead shard Siege perilous and let this man breath , jesus .
No, my shard is dead and I need the social interaction. Pointing out when people say stupid things is how I make friends.

Also @Tyrath and @Victim of Siege made no such "hateful" comments.

@popps knows what he is doing. He deserves everything he gets.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I missed the list? :(

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do realize that we play other shards than Siege? And Siege is not as dead as you think it is :) the Two Dead Shards I play are Lake Austin and Origin, course I also play Great Lakes, Catskills and Lake Superior, which all three actually have quite a bit of activity on them. But what exactly was my hateful comment? Pointing out the obvious motivation for popps wanting to basically cheat the system? Or do you take offense of the Pre Torture Septa Unella pic? I know two of the others mentioned regularly play prodo shards as well. Pretty sure Stinky Pete plays shards other than Siege as well........ because making prodo players cry is so much easier than making Siege players weep and well Pete enjoys Tram Tears ;)

Now as far as Popps he is either playing stupid or is really that stupid I am uncertain of which. 99.9% of the stuff he mentions can be found in a 10 second google search. Then there is the factor that one day he is clueless about something and the next day a exspurt advising how it should be done. Personally I lean toward he is just playing stupid and intentionally being annoying........ So I just play along with his game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.