• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blackthorns ???

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i see its locked down.
i had heard we need to use coins to get in?
i have coins.
why do i need to go in, what is in there that is different then it was before.
is it worth going in?
is there a quest or do i just go pay someone... and if so who.
so many question.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Blackthorn’s Dungeon
  • As part of the continuing event arc, Blackthorn’s dungeon has become obstructed and will become home to a mini-quest having to do with the arc.
  • Minax Artifacts can continue to be turned in to the agent in Blackthorn’s Castle
  • Minax Artifacts can continue to be collected via the Captain’s and the Beacons
  • Characters logging into the areas outside of the beacon areas will be magically teleported out of the dungeon

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Minax Artifacts can continue to be collected via the Captain’s and the Beacons
The Plunderbeacons in the Sea give Minax Artifacts ??

If so, I have yet to get any and I did sink quite a few of Plunderbeacons....

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Plunderbeacons in the Sea give Minax Artifacts ??

If so, I have yet to get any and I did sink quite a few of Plunderbeacons....
The Beacons in the active Blackthorn Captains areas...they were beacons before plunderbeacons.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you give each NPC in Blackthorn's a coin, they give you access to the teleporter down to the next level.......where you give *that* NPC a coin and continue on down to the bottom. The last NPC gives you a necklace for the coin. It will probably be needed to access the quest area just like the necklace we had to be wearing to enter last year's Halloween dungeon, Khaldun.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't know though... maybe it's all smoke and mirrors... at any rate there is nothing down there to go and bother with giving them any more than 1 coin at this time since 1 coin will get you into the area in which you can access the captains and the beacons if that is what you want to do down there.

Everything else has been destroyed. There are no other things spawning down there and there is no way to reach any of the areas where the stealables once were so even if those still spawned you couldn't steal them anyway.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
When you give each NPC in Blackthorn's a coin, they give you access to the teleporter down to the next level.......where you give *that* NPC a coin and continue on down to the bottom. The last NPC gives you a necklace for the coin. It will probably be needed to access the quest area just like the necklace we had to be wearing to enter last year's Halloween dungeon, Khaldun.
i was thinking about that as well, that is a Hell-a expensive entry fee to be able to to do something in game for the casual or part time player.
what is that like 45 mythical chests just to get up to the coin level.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where are the "Blackthorn Beacons" located ? I've bribed my way for 4 diff characters. And are they similar to the seaborn beacons? Which char - besides a sammy - is best on the BT beacons?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can still get to the towns to do the beacons. Cost 1 coin to get past the 1st guy, then don't step on the next teleporter, just walk around it and there's a path to take you to the cities.