• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Corgul Sand Drop - SWEET JESUS!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
instead of gold drop, you get the ethereal sand.
And it doesn't stack with the sand you purchase

Draden

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
You sure can but it doesn't take alot of the ethereal sand to make the Soulbinders.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Save some for me!
oh dont you worry about that little buddy, Romus forgot his bag of sending so i was in charge of sending out all the sand..... 109 122 ended up being the total.
and i still have pretty much all the stuff i purchased from the vendor.
so ya, we wont need to worry about Ethereal Sand for a while.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I have enough Ethereal sand to last for many lifetimes. Its like they got the numbers backwards. Should be 20 Ethereal and 5 sand.
Yes, at that rate ethy sand is far easier to come by than regular sand. On another note, if you park your boat on the north shore, it easily will all fit in the boat hold and then can be transferred into a commodity deed to get it off the boat. Bring 1 packy to leave on the boat while you fight to make transferring to the boat easier... they can hold 16,000 sand which means only 5-6 trips to the boat to unload the packy if your solo...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can buy 500 packs of the Ethereal Sand. You would prob never use that much.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Is Corgie the only boss dropping this sand?
you can go out to the Minoc Miner Place and there is a fella there that will sell you 5000 per account and he resets every time Corgul is killed.
but you wont use 5000.
well, unless you farm a lot of small stuff.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Minoc Miners guild has a person who will sell 5000 sand (which resets every Corgul kill). We have information about the content on our website, for those who have question/want to learn more about it.

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this was done for the technical reasons (replace gold with dust) sounds easy.
But from a game perspective its awful with that amound of ethereal sand.

Ive done corgul a couple of times, and have 13k etheral sand + some Ks from the NPC.
when this event ends in a few month ill probably have some 60k etheral sand, for what purpose??

Any amount of comodity shouldnt exist in the thousands and 60k left and right, its a game it need some balance lol

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they had coded the ethereal sand system correctly, then someone who didn't log in until late in the evening, would be able to purchase 5000x the number of corguls killed that day. But they took the lazy way out instead. So in order to benefit from the Corgul kills, you have to get up and buy sand first thing in the morning, and then check it throughout the day to buy the additional sand...stupid.