• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs, transfering, then chars go in limbo

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
this has been happening to people a lot lately. some have gotten chars/stuff back but one guy hasn't got his char back/stuff back yet, and he has a lot of my stuff lol. its been 5 days with no word yet, has sent several requests about it.

warning to all

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont plan on them doing anything in a reasonable time frame. When this happened to me it took almost 6 months to even get them to acknowledge that they were at fault.

Phreak

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Its been 10 days for me. Transferred and character never showed up. I paged a gm and he pulled me into jail right away, said it was somewhat common and not to worry. He told me it wasn't something he could fix but he would escalate it to another department. They emailed me a ticket number but that was the last time they reached out to me. I have paged a few times since then but they just say the case is still open.
Since the first page I haven't seen or heard from a gm, just a auto generated note that they are still working on the case. I say auto generated because it didn't even list the Gm's name, just "GM tells you: Greetings, your issue is still under investigation. We thank you for your patience as we work to restore your character. We will contact you once we have a resolution in place".

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes GMs cannot do anything you will have to wait for Mesanna to message you. But like I said that takes forever. You mise well forget you owned that char and move on. They will eventually tell you that they cant replace items WHICH IS BS. I watch mesanna make items just by looking at one in game.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
This is the kind of thing that would be a high priority fix in other games, but the blanket 'we don't replace anything, ever' seems to work fine here....:(

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes GMs cannot do anything you will have to wait for Mesanna to message you. But like I said that takes forever. You mise well forget you owned that char and move on. They will eventually tell you that they cant replace items WHICH IS BS. I watch mesanna make items just by looking at one in game.
She can and will replace items but just for the very special few. Have seen her replace lost items to a few rare collector's when a bug ate there items. She has even made items just for the special few.

But for regular players items can not be replaced.

I lost my one and only em drop locked it down 5 mins later it poofed. Told the em and he informed me over general chat that I was liar and cheater try to scam to get a free em item all over general chat. But when someone else the same item poofed he or she got a replacement. From that day I have not received any em item. There was even attendance items for events I did not receive a sash with the rank on it that was going on . That is when I noticed that I must be on some black list. I still will never forget they way the em treated me that night and it's been over 6 years. I am glad he hung up his robes and is not a em anymore he was one for far to long.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Where do you guys get this stuff???? Show me ONE item that Mesanna made for someone in-game. I want proof... because I'm calling BS on that.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a beehive out there that Mesanna made when this happened to me that is mislabeled. I cant remember who bought it but it was brokered through Nails. Maybe he can remember.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The person who bought the item was Armand Morvoren, It was the beehive that was supose to be labeled "My Bell Got Rung Playing Mesanna Roulette" but was labeled My Pot Of Luck Ran Out And I Lost Playing Mesanna Roulette instead. This item she made for me when my char was lost in transfer. This item was made right in front of me. Mind you this was back in 2013.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There where a few I could remember off the top of my head. I also remember someone geting a pillar for loseing all the rubble he had locked down.

Really wish she was in charge back before I rage left the game. I would not sell my castle blocking spot loged into game. My house is gone and a castle was in the spot. Next day saw GM placed castle for sale on the one site. All I got was re do not replace lost stolen items. They even went to far to say my account must have been hacked. Witch I did not believe becasue I had at lest 600 mil in gold and items in bank around the other shards along with grandfather houses. This was back in 2003

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But it was a bug. They do not replace items lost to bugs they always say.

Right now I log in and all my items are gone becasue of a bug. They would compensate me. No they would not becasue they only replace items for a few not every. I have lost items to bugs sent in bug reports. I have even lost a char in a transfer. And all I have gotten is WE DO NOT REPLACE ITEMS BECASUE OF A BUG. email. If they fix for someone they need to do it for everyone. There are the upperclass that get there way. Then there are poor that get nothing just like irl

Last edited:

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where do you guys get this stuff???? Show me ONE item that Mesanna made for someone in-game. I want proof... because I'm calling BS on that.
You appearently do not know much about what actually happens yet quick to shun anyone with such information. Do some research before calling someone out. Its out there.

Phreak

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Two weeks and one day, still no response and character remains missing. I am really losing faith that I'll see my character again. The last two times I have paged for a gm I have waited hours without even the automated response.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They are probably hoping that you will just forget about it, I've never known any other game, including free ones, where customers are treated like that. I really hope you get your stuff back but I think at this point it would be a small miracle. :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They are probably hoping that you will just forget about it, I've never known any other game, including free ones, where customers are treated like that. I really hope you get your stuff back but I think at this point it would be a small miracle. :(
Most games know exactly what you had/have and what occurred with your stuff and they do replace it. In BDO they replace stuff all the time and they give out gifts whenever there has been a problem like server crashes and such... but they are Korean based so... that makes a difference... EA hates its customers... least they act like it... they treat customers like we are all convicted criminals trying to get stuff from them like a pool of thieves... we are actually IMO treated worse than convicts in prisons... so it feels. But we are the fools for continuing to shell out money to EA.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Most games know exactly what you had/have and what occurred with your stuff and they do replace it. In BDO they replace stuff all the time and they give out gifts whenever there has been a problem like server crashes and such... but they are Korean based so... that makes a difference... EA hates its customers... least they act like it... they treat customers like we are all convicted criminals trying to get stuff from them like a pool of thieves... we are actually IMO treated worse than convicts in prisons... so it feels. But we are the fools for continuing to shell out money to EA.
Yup, my wow account was hacked and I got all my stuff back in roughly 2 hours. I understand the UO team is tiny in comparison, but they also told me I'm SOL when my UO account was cleaned out years ago. The lesson I learned? Don't invest too much time or effort in UO, it could be gone in an instant forever.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm kinda curious how you get hacked in 2 separate games... what sort of risky behavior you are doing to get hacked in two games. Seems interesting to me... I know most people will blame the person getting hacked but I often wonder how this happens.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
my friend still hasn't got his char out of limbo. he has about 3 plat worth of my stuff, lol sighs

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm kinda curious how you get hacked in 2 separate games... what sort of risky behavior you are doing to get hacked in two games. Seems interesting to me... I know most people will blame the person getting hacked but I often wonder how this happens.
It's called not doing windows updates, and clicking risky links. I was 16 when my UO account got hacked and 19 for wow. The retrieval of my items was a key to me staying with wow and only checking in on uo weekly/monthly. Will I get hacked again? It's possible, but at least I use an anti-virus now.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It happens more then you think really. It does not even have to be on your end.

They will hack a sever, msg broads, website once they have that info from there they have your email account name and password. Sometimes email and account name is the same. They even sell it to people that will send you emails saying I have your password and account name and that I recorded you and I will delete it If you send 1200 usd to this account.

I work in security and you will be shocked how many people use the same log in information ie user name and password for many things.

Am sure there are some chars in the game that are named after there account name. This game came out when the internet was new and I dont think many people then thought about being hacked.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My husband had his TERA account hacked, they stole his money and left him naked in the middle of nowhere, luckily he wasn't very rich, he never shared any of his info with anyone, it's the only time he ever got hacked. My TERA account never got touched, it was all a bit weird.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It happens more then you think really. It does not even have to be on your end.

They will hack a sever, msg broads, website once they have that info from there they have your email account name and password. Sometimes email and account name is the same. They even sell it to people that will send you emails saying I have your password and account name and that I recorded you and I will delete it If you send 1200 usd to this account.

I work in security and you will be shocked how many people use the same log in information ie user name and password for many things.

Am sure there are some chars in the game that are named after there account name. This game came out when the internet was new and I dont think many people then thought about being hacked.
I know about the email thing this is why I've always had separate emails for my accounts vs what I post anywhere publicly... Paranoia helps sometimes.

I've had people try to hack my main email several times... but fortunately, it's pretty well protected... though I won't say it's hack-proof... but even if they got in there they can't get my important stuff... I only use that email for crap like forums, websites and such that don't matter... important things are kept separate.

But I know many folk who've gotten hacked over the years and that pain is enough that they will never return. Hackers do more than just steal pixels... they drive players away and EA/UO's lack of assisting the victims ensures they stay away. Most don't want to have that pain again. I know several who've been victims of the housing server randomly not following its own rules... granted these people played what I call roulette with their accounts which is something I'd never do... but they lost big time and also suffered and won't return to UO, because EA/UO won't replace anything... That policy has probably cost them more subs than they could possibly realize... Most every other game I've played will replace your stuff if they can find how it was lost... and especially if they caused that loss thru a bug... and they will go after hackers and take stuff back and return it to the victims... UO treats victims like the criminal... and does nothing to the criminals who attack other players.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Pillar was given to someone after a bug deleted all the rubble he had in his house. Something to do with living in Mag and the rubble still having a timer before it decayed. There was no knowing of how much rubble he actually had so Mesanna made this Pillar for him to try and replace what he lost.

Here is the link to the Pillar
Rares Collection: Rubble - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums
That was me and the story is a lot longer than that. EVERYONE who had houses in Magincia after the lottery had their rubble deleted. EVERYONE effected was offered to have it worked on to get it replaced:
[UO Herald] Rubble in Magincia and Today's Maintenance

So yes, they could actually verify how much rubble I owned. I also had pictures I sent in of every single piece of rubble I lost. People started complaining because their replacement's didnt have the same weight as their previous rubble did (A stupid thing IMO, I just wanted my stuff replaced). After 5 months I accepted the Pillar in replacement instead of the over 5 billion+ gold worth of rubble I had lost. Thankfully the bug was caught fast, multiple people were effected which I'm sure made it easier to investigate, and I had lots of documentation proving ownership/what I owned.

I have also lost probably over 10 billion gold worth of other items through the years, some due to bugs and some due to my own negligence. Were they able to replace any of that stuff? Nope

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Two weeks and one day, still no response and character remains missing.
I've had it happen a few times as well, and yea it usually can take a few weeks for them to get it fixed.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just wanted my stuff replaced
Just like every swampy owner that never got his pet replaced.

Or the other 100 things they don't replace.

But sure, some "rares" are a whole different thing.

OP should make up some story about being in the US military. That has helped in the past.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just like every swampy owner that never got his pet replaced.

Or the other 100 things they don't replace.

But sure, some "rares" are a whole different thing.
Should I feel bad because UO put out a statement offering to replace items a bunch of people lost and I happened to be one of those people? Ok then

Sorry I kinda (Since I didn't actually) got my items replaced after a UO bug deleted them 8 years ago. Should I list off the billions and billions worth of items I've lost to other bugs which didn't get replaced? Would that make you feel better that your swampy didn't get replaced either?

You are perfectly capable of making criticism of UO's policies or capabilities without vilifying the people who DO rarely manage to get help.

I apologize if it seems I'm ticked off, but it annoys me to have a situation I was in 8 years ago brought up as some kind of example by people who don't know me or don't know the situation.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Should I feel bad because UO put out a statement offering to replace items a bunch of people lost and I happened to be one of those people? Ok then

Sorry I kinda (Since I didn't actually) got my items replaced after a UO bug deleted them 8 years ago. Should I list off the billions and billions worth of items I've lost to other bugs which didn't get replaced? Would that make you feel better that your swampy didn't get replaced either?

You are perfectly capable of making criticism of UO's policies or capabilities without vilifying the people who DO rarely manage to get help.

I apologize if it seems I'm ticked off, but it annoys me to have a situation I was in 8 years ago brought up as some kind of example by people who don't know me or don't know the situation.
You don't have to feel bad or apologize. Nothing about you or me. It only shows that they randomly replace or create items from time to time, despite telling others they cant do this.

In fact I would welcome if they finally worked it out to replace lost soulstones, cash items or swampies. But since they don't seem to even try, it leaves a sour taste whenever Mesanna intervenes personally to save some house, replace some item, create some item or what not.

Everybody pays the same monthly fee, but not everybody receives the same service in return.

Last edited: