• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How good are PP mares?

Mad Huntsman

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I recently came back and trained up my PP mare following the guide on uo-cah as AI/chiv.

What I’m wondering is where does an AI/chiv PP mare fall in terms of doing everyday content?

Are there better picks like PP WW? Is the innate dragons breath a big drawback?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Match damage type of pet to what you want to fight and any debuffs you add. Any pet can be used for general things. Some things may take a little longer to kill.

There are players who take their favorite pet and do not care if they spend 10 more minutes at the encounter.

Others want to finish as fast as possible.

Sometimes a mountable pet is more convenient.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Like Pawain said, each pet can have a purpose. I love my PP mares. I left them with Margery to save on points and because Chiv isn’t ideal in encounters where there are a lot of extra spawn.

I like the damage split on them as well and can use it in most situations.

Plus I’ll take an extra minute or two to kill something just because I like the look more than other pets.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Gave my PP Mare Chiv and WW so he could AoE stuff and I've never had a better time on UO.

Now I need a Dread Mare.

Muezick

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Came in to ask this exact question about my own pp mare. I got the first bit of the guide on uo-cah done and got to the "Customize" part. Not sure adding chiv is right, but like WW + chiv for champs sounds amazing. Hell, Chiv + IA sounds like insane single target dps.

But I really am kind of a stickler though, and really like the idea of having a pet that uses magery.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Came in to ask this exact question about my own pp mare. I got the first bit of the guide on uo-cah done and got to the "Customize" part. Not sure adding chiv is right, but like WW + chiv for champs sounds amazing. Hell, Chiv + IA sounds like insane single target dps.

But I really am kind of a stickler though, and really like the idea of having a pet that uses magery.
Then use a current spawning 2 slot Mare. That will show you what a Magery pet will do. Don't use a PP one for magery.