• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure Hunting new ninja nerf?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Was there another ninja nerf?
With relatively low luck, used to get at least some gold colored treasure chests. Carto 100, LP 100, RT 70.
Bumped luck to 3,000 and no more gold boxes. Was getting them wearing much less luck, last week before the patch. That seem to happen for Tram and Fel. This was with a bunch of Cashe chests.
Loot is of course junk 99.9% time, and still get 3 PS rarely useful also in Fel same as before.
I also use high luck suit in the area of treasure, digging, and as soon as the chest is fully out of ground and the guardians spawn, them move slightly away, invisi, and switch to fighting suit, then back to eliminate guardians.
Anyone else get no more gold chests?
Anyone else noticed any changes? Or I am doing something wrong?

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the OP is questioning whether there was a stealthy nerf implemented, not a nerf to the ninjitsu skill :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With relatively low luck, used to get at least some gold colored treasure chests. Carto 100, LP 100, RT 70.
Luck has nothing to do with getting a rust, metal, or gold chest; that is based on the Cartography skill alone. Luck factors into the items generated in the chests.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Luck has nothing to do with getting a rust, metal, or gold chest; that is based on the Cartography skill alone. Luck factors into the items generated in the chests.
But with all that luck he will get a bunch of Lesser Artifacts. :lol:

Most will be Cursed or Antique because he over lucked the rusty chests. :lol:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Same carto of GM was used 1 week ago, and also after last "update" few days ago. I wonder if it is just streaky RNG, or just plain crappy coincidence. Was just wondering if any one else is having the same experience.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have to wear the lame glasses that cant be reforged. Have to choose chest quality or higher luck.

Mine have been random. I dont wear the glasses and sometimes get 3 gold in a row. I have seen a guy with +5 glasses and high luck pull up rusty Trove with crap inside.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I thought the color was dependant on how many in your party and your level of cartography hence the silly glasses.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You know you can move when you see the chest before the guardians spawn and reset it right?

We all know how crappy the rng is in this game, and even if you jave a 90% chance for gold, and 1% for rusty, you seem to get rusty 90 % of the time...

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bumped luck to 3,000 and no more gold boxes. Was getting them wearing much less luck, last week before the patch. That seem to happen for Tram and Fel. This was with a bunch of Cashe chests.
I am going to make a prediction. Thirty years from now, there will be another UO Classic Game Postmortem. And long retired frail and white haired @Kyronix will say: "You know guys, that luck thing... It was just a ninja nerf that made you waste an imbuing slot on all your armor. We just made it up. It never did anything at all..."
Just mark my words, the truth will come out eventually :D

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you elaborate this plse? Do the glasses allow you to choose chest quality or luck? ty for info.
Higher carto affects the type of chest. The glasses can get 100 luck. Other helms can get higher luck. You decide if the difference matters to you. +5 glasses do not guarantee gold chests.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I still think it's pretty stupid that after becoming a Grandmaster at Carto some silly pair of glasses with a few extra points affects what colour the chest is, even with the +5 you can still get rusty, at GM the chance of rusty should be minimal! :(
It's like they actually enjoy making things ridiculous....

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I still think it's pretty stupid that after becoming a Grandmaster at Carto some silly pair of glasses with a few extra points affects what colour the chest is, even with the +5 you can still get rusty, at GM the chance of rusty should be minimal! :(
It's like they actually enjoy making things ridiculous....
This, but the LOOT, aww the loot..the crappy loot we all were looking forward to. Now that really really sucks.:sad2:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You have to wear the lame glasses that cant be reforged. Have to choose chest quality or higher luck.

Mine have been random. I dont wear the glasses and sometimes get 3 gold in a row. I have seen a guy with +5 glasses and high luck pull up rusty Trove with crap inside.
@Pawain - Apologies as I've been away for a couple months and haven't been as active on UO but I thought the glasses ARE imbuable? I have a a +3 pair I imbued when I first got them so I know for a fact they were able to be imbued at one point... did they stop them from being something you can imbue?

Again unless this changed from the original release that came out back in June; I thought Luck WAS going to play a factor (along with Carto) of chest quality. I remember asking which would be a heavier weight of chest quality (Luck or Carto) and I don't think it was ever answered. Maybe @Tina Small can weigh in on this because she was pretty heavily involved during testing.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain - Apologies as I've been away for a couple months and haven't been as active on UO but I thought the glasses ARE imbuable? I have a a +3 pair I imbued when I first got them so I know for a fact they were able to be imbued at one point... did they stop them from being something you can imbue?
Imbuing only gives 100 luck. Reforging can get more and better stats. I am comparing to a helm with 190 luck.