• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A glitch/bug I kind of like :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I sailed into port to turn in a pirate and made a turn beside the Zento Dock and somehow managed to pick up one of the metal chest located on the dock on the back of my boat. I figured after server up it would be gone. That was 8 server ups ago LOL. The Chest holds 125 items and 400 stones just like any other chest. It is not secure, but I can put stuff into it from the deck and can't remove anything from the deck. However I can remove stuff with it parked at the dock. LOL it is like a extra 125 item 400 stone storage on the boat and real handy for holding those smuggler chest full of booze that otherwise fill the hold up fast :) Plus it looks kind of cool. Also been a real conversation starter with folks that go out on the boat with me. Heard more than a few times now "So Ummm what is up with the chest hanging off the back of your boat?"

Thinking about putting in a request to make something like this a add on for the ships since it can obviously be done :) Although I have tried repeating it and getting another chest to latch on to the other side of the boat with no success. I would pay 500 sovs each though to have a couple of saddle bags on my boats, assuming they would be secure and reachable from the deck :)

And stuff like this glitch, bug and unintentional feature are some of my favorite things about UO. You just never know what kind of weirdness you might find in game. Figure it is ok to post this since as far as I can tell it is not something easily repeated or exploitable........ Just a Interesting and seemingly permanent glitch.

free boat storage.png

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I sailed into port to turn in a pirate and made a turn beside the Zento Dock and somehow managed to pick up one of the metal chest located on the dock on the back of my boat. I figured after server up it would be gone. That was 8 server ups ago LOL. The Chest holds 125 items and 400 stones just like any other chest. It is not secure, but I can put stuff into it from the deck and can't remove anything from the deck. However I can remove stuff with it parked at the dock. LOL it is like a extra 125 item 400 stone storage on the boat and real handy for holding those smuggler chest full of booze that otherwise fill the hold up fast :) Plus it looks kind of cool. Also been a real conversation starter with folks that go out on the boat with me. Heard more than a few times now "So Ummm what is up with the chest hanging off the back of your boat?"

Thinking about putting in a request to make something like this a add on for the ships since it can obviously be done :) Although I have tried repeating it and getting another chest to latch on to the other side of the boat with no success. I would pay 500 sovs each though to have a couple of saddle bags on my boats, assuming they would be secure and reachable from the deck :)

And stuff like this glitch, bug and unintentional feature are some of my favorite things about UO. You just never know what kind of weirdness you might find in game. Figure it is ok to post this since as far as I can tell it is not something easily repeated or exploitable........ Just a Interesting and seemingly permanent glitch.

View attachment 101501
HAXX!!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For whatever reason it amuses me that the Chest is still missing from the tokuno docks. And found that I can't dry dock that boat "With a Cluttered Deck"

Had to run to town today...... err scratch that.... slowly hobble to the truck and get driven to town. So I left the boat out past the server line and logged in with two beacons blocking me against shore. They made pretty short work of the boat. And that answered another question in my mind. Will the chest survive getting scuttles and repaired and yes it does but it turned long side sticking out. Makes backing into the docks tight LOL the chest catches on the dock. I am getting way too much amusement from this chest and some of the other glitches/bugs on the boats. One of my favorites is the one where you fall through the deck and only yer head is above. And the pirate pole falling through the deck and pinning yer ship in place is interesting as well.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For whatever reason it amuses me that the Chest is still missing from the tokuno docks. And found that I can't dry dock that boat "With a Cluttered Deck"

Had to run to town today...... err scratch that.... slowly hobble to the truck and get driven to town. So I left the boat out past the server line and logged in with two beacons blocking me against shore. They made pretty short work of the boat. And that answered another question in my mind. Will the chest survive getting scuttles and repaired and yes it does but it turned long side sticking out. Makes backing into the docks tight LOL the chest catches on the dock. I am getting way too much amusement from this chest and some of the other glitches/bugs on the boats. One of my favorites is the one where you fall through the deck and only yer head is above. And the pirate pole falling through the deck and pinning yer ship in place is interesting as well.
The Pole glitch is the one i found after 5 minutes on TC and Kyronix came and tried a few things and never could get it to move. it was fixed for live but still happens about 1% of the time. the new glitch i am seeing is the casting from Mobs. the graphics for the spells look like fireworks are being launched at you, they go up, disappear, then come back down and hit you. i think they need to do about 3 bug fix patches in a row.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You will find the pirate pole will always go through the deck if something is standing on the spot when you get the thing (person/pet etc) it doesnt like anything being on that spot when collecting the pole. Test it and see.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will find the pirate pole will always go through the deck if something is standing on the spot when you get the thing (person/pet etc) it doesnt like anything being on that spot when collecting the pole. Test it and see.
Yeah that way of doing it is consistent :) , the one where when you bind the pirate and as soon as he hits the pole it falls through the deck is what I am speaking of. Seems to only happen in a couple of locations and you have to either cancel the quest or gate/recall to the dock to turn in the pirate to be able to move the ship again.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You can kill the pirate aswell, to be able to move the ship again.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah that way of doing it is consistent :) , the one where when you bind the pirate and as soon as he hits the pole it falls through the deck is what I am speaking of. Seems to only happen in a couple of locations and you have to either cancel the quest or gate/recall to the dock to turn in the pirate to be able to move the ship again.
When that happened to me I think i had a pet next to the pole, hence when the pirate went to board it was blocked on the landing spot. However the way I got the boat to move when the pirate/pole got stuck that way I 'turned' the boat without moving it and it 'freed' the pole on the spot. While the boat wouldn't go forward or back it would turn. So try that before abandoning your pirate.