• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blackthorn's Dungeon Fix Idea

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about instead of having the city areas in the back of the dungeon and the poison prison, we have a captain spawn after so many kills of other stuff in there. Basically if someone is in killing the mages after 40-50 mage kills a captain spawns in that room with them and they would have to kill it to reset the mage spawn. This would keep the captains relevant and also keep people from afking the rooms. Its same idea that like old haven has where after you kill so many undead the defiler spawns. Then they could even add something like after so many captains are killed the lighthouse appears in the circular room near the entrance and people could kill it for bonus drops and it would be like a fun pvp spot as well on fel side like the harrower.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was thinking that instead of always having say Hell Hounds spawn in one room all the time rotate them around every hour or so randomly so that maybe after about 30 min of killing Hell Hounds then Dragons or Balron spawn... spiders and such to rotate things about so that anyone AFK holding a slayer would be dead because they wouldn't have the right slayer.

Though sadly they could probably have their script tell then what's spawning now and swap weapons... but that might be a bit much for it.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a fan. People will more than likely just leave at that point.

I do wish that there was an indicator of some kind near the entrance tunnel showing which city is active.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you should not be able to afk and kill the lesser spawn for drops. should have to do the generals to get. simple and easy

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stop the drops from the lesser spawn on the Tram side and leave them as is on the Fel side. The afk scripter issue will be solved by the players.

North_LS

Journeyman
NO! dont touch the captains areas. they are fine. having the rest of the areas spawn captains after x amount of normal mob kills would help keep things honest though. aint no way anyone is taking down a captain afk. well, at least not without tweaking their scripts.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's a guy on LA that's been down there for at "least" a week now. He has amazing timing and I"m on the EC watching. He kills them almost the instant they spawn, if they're in range. It's weird though, I pulled my map out to the max so I can see the whole room, and it appears sometimes they spawn just out of his view and he'll even walk the other way at times. It's quite amusing. The best part is, the split second his EoO wears off, he launches a new one, the sound of the old one dying hasn't even ended when the next one is cast. He's got mad skilz.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Theres one at hell hounds on catskills trammel everyday , wraith form gargoyle AI hell hounds as soon as they spawn, and his script seems to circle up to avoid the afk teleportation, he seems to have a script that also detect if someone run near by him, he'll innocently say hi and answer you after few seconds. I tried once to bagball him in stealth so he can't detect me, to see if he would respond , and nop since I was in stealth his script didn't send the alert and he stayed stuck in the bagballs until he came back in front of his screen like 15 minutes later .

but seriously they need to do something for these afk scripters.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it looks like they might actually do something about this:

*SPOILERS* Datamining Publish 106 | uo-cah.com

It seems like there will be a story that the Britain sewers collapsed and buried part of the dungeon, leaving only the city pods accessable. I personally wouldn't mind, then again on Siege afk scripting in Blackthorn's has never been a big problem because of all Fel ruleset.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Khyro Thanks for the pics. There are some nice aquarium fish there.

Cant mount the tiny Crab.

Based on the Cliloc files, we can ascertain the following about this new tamable pet:

• It will be mountable

Is this the new chicken? Those stats sux.