• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maybe somebody can help me? Easy way to get list of item names without manually typing.

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A little out of the norm, but figured I would ask.

I'm trying to figure out an easy way to get a list of items names in-game. I know that you can copy journal logs for a character as a plaintext (.txt) file, but when you click on an item, it doesn't give you the item name to the journal.

Has anyone ever tried to do something like this to get a list of items in-game? Any good solutions? Are the better options available using Enhanced Client? Pretty open!

I really don't want to have to manually type everyone, I'd rather click the item, get the names - if that's even possible.

Thanks!

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That’s cool - but looking for a way to do it say if it was a house with lock downs and not in a container.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why does it sound like, to me at least, that you want to script an idoc ?
Could be used that way I agree but one issue is you dont see lock down items unless there on the steps or are a few vet rewards that show. And I am not sure someone would go shard wide and mark each open house just incase it goes idoc to set it into a bot would be alot of work. And with the state of idoc today a script would not have time to go through everything that drops before its picked up by someone else. That's if the player even left anything in the house. I seen the scripters and there auto loot bots at idoc there the ones staying behind and dropping everything that does not meet what they need.

They already have a list of the items that they want to pick up. They auto target what can be seen then chests and so forth. Was luckly once becasue they walked right past a em map and painting to pick up a chest a normal player would not.

And I do have a list of the scripters and there bots it's very eazy to tell a bot from a real player. They are even haveing them join guilds to make it look like there not bots. Only time I see the one player is when a house is about to fall then they just time out there once there controller goes throw there packed.

I have already emailed Mesanna about that and never heard back.

I for one would like to have a list of everything I own amd where it's it. I am not a hardcore player but with a castle and a 18x18 it's hard to track a item down. And I know it would take me months to write down everything I own and what chest it is in.

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To answer your questions - not trying to script anything - trying to easily catalog items. I ended up using the method above but manually typing the items just in the client which wrote to the journal.txt for my character as opposed to going back and forth between the client and Excel.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's clear this is for a script no matter the excuses. There are already tools for searching your stuff.

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LOL. People are so easy to jump the gun. Yeah if I was going to make a script I would especially out myself in a public form...

That’s the problem when people assume. They usually make a you know what out of themselves.

As far as I’m concern I already figured out a method to do what I needed to do.

Also - what’s this tool that you use to search for your stuff?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's clear this is for a script no matter the excuses. There are already tools for searching your stuff.
Where is this tool at in cc or ec please. I have never seen it besides the junk search chest witch only looks inside the frist chest and not inside bags and other chests.

We should have search house from the sign.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A little out of the norm, but figured I would ask.

I'm trying to figure out an easy way to get a list of items names in-game. I know that you can copy journal logs for a character as a plaintext (.txt) file, but when you click on an item, it doesn't give you the item name to the journal.

Has anyone ever tried to do something like this to get a list of items in-game? Any good solutions? Are the better options available using Enhanced Client? Pretty open!

I really don't want to have to manually type everyone, I'd rather click the item, get the names - if that's even possible.

Thanks!
mmm an house search tool would surely be an interesting feature....

The only way to do something like that through the UI would be to link all the containers of the house with a tool, then save all the container contents everytime you open them and then you'll be able to search for anything everywhere :D
The problem is that something like that would require to store a HUGE amount of data (all the items with all the properties), doing it server side it would be a joke since it's just about checking the data already stored, but I doubt the devs will ever bother to do this :(

But if you want I can make an action to save all the items on the ground around you in a text file :)

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The only way to do something like that through the UI would be to link all the containers of the house with a tool, then save all the container contents everytime you open them and then you'll be able to search for anything everywhere :D
The problem is that something like that would require to store a HUGE amount of data (all the items with all the properties), doing it server side it would be a joke since it's just about checking the data already stored, but I doubt the devs will ever bother to do this :(

But if you want I can make an action to save all the items on the ground around you in a text file :)
Two things is there a way to target a item then export it to a list on let's say note or word. We do wonders tracking items.

Two do the same with a chest so we can see what items we have in it. The search only shows us the top layer. So if I have a chest with SOT in it and have bags with the diffent kind it only shows the bags.

I am always loseing things going out buying them then finding them a week or two later.

That's a issue you have when your at max storage with over 10,000 items

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I would love that! I mean even something that allows you to just click an item to get the name would make me happy. I

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok are you going to write UO Poetry and that's why you need the names of items ? You haven't (and I suppose you don't have to) explained what your actual purpose is with this. So tell us why our thoughts on its nefariousity (yeah I made that word up) are wrong ?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I collect armor and it's been my goal to get evey set. When I was after cult items I used a spreadsheet to tell me what items I had and what shard and to tell me what items I need.

Attachments

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two things is there a way to target a item then export it to a list on let's say note or word. We do wonders tracking items.

Two do the same with a chest so we can see what items we have in it. The search only shows us the top layer. So if I have a chest with SOT in it and have bags with the diffent kind it only shows the bags.

I am always loseing things going out buying them then finding them a week or two later.

That's a issue you have when your at max storage with over 10,000 items
you can only save in a new text file... there is no editing word or other files unfortunately...

You can already save the content of a container in a file, but sub-containers cannot be done because unless they are in your backpack you can't get the container data.

I would love that! I mean even something that allows you to just click an item to get the name would make me happy. I
if you only want the name of a target item, you can use the button near the "item name" in the vendor search gump. That button copy the item name into the "item name" textbox afterall :D

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why? Because I don’t want to manually type 100s if not 1000s of items that I own. Wouldn’t you love to get a list of all the items in your house?

People are reading WAY too much into this. Sorry, I personally like to work smart...

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I myself have tired to write out all my items it becomes a real pita after a few days. Most of us have over 10k items and am sure not all of us know where said item is. I was about to buy some banners for 75mil luckly I did not becasue I ended up finding the set I had but it was in the 30th chest I was checking for a power scroll.

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you can only save in a new text file... there is no editing word or other files unfortunately...

You can already save the content of a container in a file, but sub-containers cannot be done because unless they are in your backpack you can't get the container data.

if you only want the name of a target item, you can use the button near the "item name" in the vendor search gump. That button copy the item name into the "item name" textbox afterall :D
I need to try this!

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Pinco I assume this is in the EC? (I usually use CC and not seeing it in the search gump)

Not to be a pain - but if you have a screen shot of what you are talking about I think it would be helpful.

I was literally using this to hover over an item, type in the item name in client chat bar then <enter> so it would end up in my journal ..... then .txt log file:

upload_2019-8-24_23-38-37.png

Highlight an item like "Damaged books" and get the properties and have it continuously highlighted so I could type it verbatim:

upload_2019-8-24_23-39-12.png

If you have something that can allow me to just click the item and have it go to Journal or for export, I would seriously be happy.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco I assume this is in the EC? (I usually use CC and not seeing it in the search gump)

Not to be a pain - but if you have a screen shot of what you are talking about I think it would be helpful.

I was literally using this to hover over an item, type in the item name in client chat bar then <enter> so it would end up in my journal ..... then .txt log file:

View attachment 101175

Highlight an item like "Damaged books" and get the properties and have it continuously highlighted so I could type it verbatim:

View attachment 101176

If you have something that can allow me to just click the item and have it go to Journal or for export, I would seriously be happy.
the vendor search window is much easier than what you are asking since you will be able to copy/paste the text from the item name :D

that feature is only available on my UI:
upload_2019-8-25_18-39-56.png
(the green button)

The default UI was supposed to be a starting point for a better client, but they decided it was enough :lol:

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Carefull with this post, People might start to think you looking for Item Id's for a looting script.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The default UI was supposed to be a starting point for a better client, but they decided it was enough :lol:
The old default was 200% more coherent. I boot the default when I need to test if mods work there too, and it literally makes my eyes bleed :(

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the vendor search window is much easier than what you are asking since you will be able to copy/paste the text from the item name :D

that feature is only available on my UI:
View attachment 101199
(the green button)

Dude. This. That would give me a reason to use EC...

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Long story short.. Like that?

View attachment 101202

I suppose you are new to the EC though? Let me know and I can walk you through getting this mod running with default EC.
Pretty much! I don’t even typically need detailed attributes but just the name of items. Sweet! Thank you all for helping. Saves me so much more time.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The old default was 200% more coherent. I boot the default when I need to test if mods work there too, and it literally makes my eyes bleed :(
lol the old default had nothing, pretty basic and lots of trash too :D
With the rework I've been doing the last few years I've seen a lot of bad stuff all coming from the old default... and there are some core bugs that are still around from day 1. In any case the current default shouldn't have been raw like this :(

Dude. This. That would give me a reason to use EC...
there are many more features where that comes from :D

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As petemage alluded to, there are ways to see everything on the ground in EC as well by pressing ctrl+shift. I used to use it to "quickly" search for decaying houses while running around.

The only problem is you have to use a keyboard/macro program that will simulate the Ctrl+Shift so that the EC client loads the object data from the server. Then in EC you can create a new macro that does /script Debug.Docake().
Finally update your keyboard macro to press the keybind for your new script after it pressed ctrl+shift... (I think, been a few years since I've done this)

This function won't help you, but it might give you some ideas.
Code:
function Debug.Collapse()
	for k,v in pairs(ObjectHandleWindow.ObjectsData.Names) do
		if(wstring.find(v, L"House Sign")) then
			Debug.Print(ItemProperties.GetObjectProperties(ObjectHandleWindow.ObjectsData.ObjectId[k]))
			for k,v in pairs(ItemProperties.GetObjectProperties(ObjectHandleWindow.ObjectsData.ObjectId[k])) do
				if(wstring.find(v, L"Condition") or wstring.find(v, L"OSI")) then
					Debug.Print("DECAYING HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")
					WindowUtils.ChatPrint(L"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DECAYING HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", SystemData.ChatLogFilters.GUILD )
				end
			end
		end
	end
end