• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mystery Fragments and glasses of cartography

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there some news about mystery fragments?
Then I have a +5 glasses of cartography. They raise cart but then? Now I have 105 of cartography. What is the benefit?
Thanks

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No clear use for the fragments yet that I've seen. They interact with the virtue shrines, but they don't actually do anything at this point.

Having cartography above 100 will impact the quality of the treasure chest you dig up - so rust, steel, gold.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TBH. I see no difference between wearing the glasses and not wearing them.

As for the fragments, Ever notice they are the same colors as Soulstones? Hmmmm.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fragments are the same color as the VIRTUES... Did notice that.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trying to help storage by doing some of the maps I'm sitting on. The Locker is NOT a good choice so I just dig em. Now I'm replaced the maps with these stupid fragments.
*And the devs sit back and laugh their (*)'s off*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah pretty much why I quit doing them long ago because it just generates 10x the stuff per map...

You get a good map you end up with some alacrity scrolls, pinks, ps, talisman, sash, shield and anything else like a clean jewel or something and pretty soon your 10 maps are 50 items... all needing storage spots. Now there are Gem, Gold and Reg bags, gems, regs, fragements and more ... and glasses, and whatnot taking up more and more space.

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I googled it and ended up here.
I'm italian and i know english very very bad, It's difficult for me to find link that i need. It's ok, now? Do you understand why i make some questions that seems easy for you??

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No clear use for the fragments yet that I've seen. They interact with the virtue shrines, but they don't actually do anything at this point.

Having cartography above 100 will impact the quality of the treasure chest you dig up - so rust, steel, gold.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm italian and i know english very very bad, It's difficult for me to find link that i need. It's ok, now? Do you understand why i make some questions that seems easy for you??

Alcune persone sono culi

Ask as many questions as you want. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah really stupid to make us farm mysterious fragments for 2 months whitout knowing the goal !!!
Luckily they do this every year. We have to jump thru humps but they let us collect items we need for this years events. UO always starts the year end events in September. We will have to required items to start the event from day 1. We can also help other new or returning player start right away also. Give a returning tamer a Triton and they have a bonded pet they can train in 2 days and they can join right in. Makes them buy High Seas also.

Better than not turning on the fragments until Sept. 1st.

We will still have to jump thru hoops.