• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure maps all turned to Cache maps

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WHAT IS GOING ON??????I sorted roughly 1500 Trove and Hoard maps last night, various facets, and put them in several Davies Lockers. I logged in today, to continue sorting, and all of the maps in 3 out of the 5 lockers turned into Cache maps! The best I can recall, the affected maps were in "new" Davies Lockers (ones that were just redeemed as vet rewards). Is anyone else having this problem? @Bleak @Kyronix It looks like I am out roughly 12-1300 Trove and Hoard maps. The reason for this problem needs to be found, and fixed ASAP.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gee wish that would happen to me, hoard and trove maps aren't worth doing unless you want a frost dragon. Cache maps better by far!

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This happened to me too over several days about a month ago. A batch of them would covert to cache each day. It seemed to happen to every facet map too. :(

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This only happening with maps in Lockers? Mine are in a chest.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This only happening with maps in Lockers? Mine are in a chest.
It happened to Troves and Hoards in 4 out of the 5 Davies Lockers I loaded maps into yesterday. I also had 50ish Hoards in my backpack, but they were not affected. Neither were the maps in 1 of the 5 chests. Facet didn't seem to make a difference, as the 1 locker of Hoard maps that didn't change were the same facet of some of the Trove maps that did.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had 18 Hoard maps reset locations, despite all of them having been removed 3-5 times over the previous 30 days for resorting (including to get all my hoards, troves and SOS sorted by type), and were opened repeatedly while out of the locker.

Oh, and 3 of them HAD BEEN IN MY PACK TWO DAYS, and were still in my pack when they reset overnight.

I had done most of my hoard maps, to where all I had left were Trinsic Jungle maps, then BAM, 15 of the 18 were scattered all over Trammel again.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not really. Less "paper" in Cache, than in Hoard and Trove.
true, however

cache = 3 bits
hoard = 4 bits
trove = 5 bits

but i can do probably at least 4 cache maps in the time it takes to do one of the others so 12 bits of paper v 4/5, especially if you spawn 2-3-4 frost dragons in em. Plus I only do Fel cache maps now due to above and the fact I don't need flipping alacrity scrolls. The chance of a 110 tactics and other scrolls for pets far outweighs all other level tmaps. You tend to getting better pscrolls in the cache map, generally 3 instead of in the hoards/troves which split more into alacs and pinks and tmaps before ps's.

Other than those tmapping is a waste of time for me now at anything above a lvl 3 fel cache. :)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Glad I stored all my SOS in the locker and kept my maps in chests, this is quite a serious problem, I hope it gets fixed faster than the beacon problems...but somehow I doubt it :(

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hehe I am gonna try moving all my hoards and troves so they may revert to caches lol. I moved some this morning after reading this thread,tempted to get myself a new davies locker and shove all of em in see if they convert. Hoard maps are easy to replace via miasma, getting cache ones is HARD unless you just want malas ones.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just great .. I just checked mine and same happened to mine. I got me 2 new Davie's Lockers from the vet reward menu two days ago and sorted my maps by facet. The maps in the new lockers have turned into cache maps. The maps in the old lockers which i havn't removed from there in a couple years are still hoard and trove maps.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's getting pretty hilarious over at the official forums. Someone tell Mariah she should concentrate on being a moderator more and a contributor less. She's got a higher post count than most of the registered users. Yeah I know, someone will take her side and say most of her posts are informative and she answers a lot of questions. Ok I'll give you that, but she also inserts her personal opinions right before she locks a thread, much the way a certain Mod on these forums did and still does over there under a new name. Anyway, lets see how many more threads JollyJade opens before they're temp banned lol...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jollyjade is right, tho. And they can't stand it. It has become what we feared it would, a board for fanboi only. Only reason it was created, I feel (personal opinion) is that Mesanna is a control freak and wants everything under her thumb, and she couldnt do that here....hence a fanboi board and removal of our unofficial official status.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My locker is a newer one as well - that seems to be part of the issue where new ones do this and the old ones do not. The interesting part for me was that this happened over the course of several days so it wasn't a one time "adjustment". Also, it didn't get ALL of them. I still have a few trove and horde maps in the same locker.

They were all newer maps too, not ones I had sitting around from before the treasure hunting expansion.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jollyjade is right, tho. And they can't stand it. It has become what we feared it would, a board for fanboi only. Only reason it was created, I feel (personal opinion) is that Mesanna is a control freak and wants everything under her thumb, and she couldnt do that here....hence a fanboi board and removal of our unofficial official status.
Exactly as I figured it would... hence part of my reasoning for refusing to post there. I have no desire to be told I can't tell the DEVs what is wrong in the game. I'm sorry but if they gave 2 ****s about their job and the game they would fix most this crap... IMO having my maps screwed over is a game-breaking bug that needs fixing.

But what do they care? Its just a paycheck.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So Jollyjade got banned for asking a legitimate question, it's like a dictatorship over there, not a nice atmosphere, do the Mods not realise they are starting to look silly by over-reacting like that? Maybe if the Devs were actively trying to fix everything they broke people wouldn't be so damn angry. At least they could say they were looking into it, but they don't even reply to some people, just blatantly ignore them.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriously? They banned him?
Coudn't take the heat, I reckon. I know he was upset, being told to sit down and shutup or go stand in the corner always tends to do that. But unless I missed something, there was nothing he said worth a banning

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WOW! Jollyjade DID get banned. Holy smokes. Well, after my response to "Mariah" I suspect I will be next. Oh well.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, this crap with the maps should have gotten a revert or something, already.

And Kyronix asking what they did that brought this on. Well, hell, they put maps in the locker. What does he think they did? They had already said it was new lockers...

Just like they couldnt recreate the beacon issue. Well, get on the game on a regular account with a regular client and play for 30 minutes...thats all it takes the rest of us to find one that won't stop firing.

I've lost what little respect I ever had for any of them.
NOt that it will matter to them, but they are heading us towards the final countdown, I fear.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, this crap with the maps should have gotten a revert or something, already.

And Kyronix asking what they did that brought this on. Well, hell, they put maps in the locker. What does he think they did? They had already said it was new lockers...

Just like they couldnt recreate the beacon issue. Well, get on the game on a regular account with a regular client and play for 30 minutes...thats all it takes the rest of us to find one that won't stop firing.

I've lost what little respect I ever had for any of them.
NOt that it will matter to them, but they are heading us towards the final countdown, I fear.
Well, for what it's worth, @Kyronix went with me on Sonoma while I found some beacons, and got to see that they WERE broken. but no fix. :( I figure that will come about 17 seconds before the beacons are gone for good.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went over there now. They opened 3 threads to revert the T map changes. Shoulda been stopped at the first one. Sorry, the UO Forums are where they send the few new players the game has. If you want to make pancakes and omlets you can do that here. I am fine with the Ra Ra forum. Would help if the Devs could fix Tokuno Beacons.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went over there now. They opened 3 threads to revert the T map changes. Shoulda been stopped at the first one. Sorry, the UO Forums are where they send the few new players the game has. If you want to make pancakes and omlets you can do that here. I am fine with the Ra Ra forum. Would help if the Devs could fix Tokuno Beacons.
For what it's worth, I just checked the "timing" of those 3 threads. The 2nd and 3rd weren't created until after the 1st and 2nd threads were wrongfully closed. By what passes for a moderator over there. It looks to me that Jollyjade was trying to make sure that the information got out. Unlike some others, who apparently knew about it, but didn't bother to say anything.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can't understand why posting about an IMPORTANT Bug like that would be closed... stupid as all get out ...... what are the forums for if not to communicate problems to the DEVs?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So we are all supposed to think that one post is going to get their attention on the issue they probably can't reproduce or can't even figure out and once again I wonder just what do they test when they test things?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't understand why posting about an IMPORTANT Bug like that would be closed... stupid as all get out ...... what are the forums for if not to communicate problems to the DEVs?
Their post was an angry rant. If a player read their post they would have no clue as to what the bug is and how to avoid it. There was no communication in any of the three posts, just rants and fomenting by follow up posts.

I do not have a locker but it seems that other posters knew about this bug the day it started and chose not to inform the rest of us. There should be a warning posted about how this bug happens and how to avoid it.

If your maps are in a chest they do not get altered and using a locker just to get coords does not alter the maps.
At least mine have stayed the same and the ones I want to recreate have not because I cant keep my clicky off them for 30 days...

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not have a locker but it seems that other posters knew about this bug the day it started and chose not to inform the rest of us. There should be a warning posted about how this bug happens and how to avoid it.
As someone who has well over 20 Davies full of maps, I agree that a warning should be posted. Now the question becomes: How did that person/group get the information? If they knew, and kept "quiet", it destroys their "facade" of helping others. If they were given the information, why were THEY given it, and NOT the general population? EITHER way, it REALLY seems (my opinion) to paint that person/group in a really "bad light".

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
21 pages of Ilsh maps turned from Hoarde to Cache. With high luck I get at LEAST one Leg Artie from a Hoarde map, notta from a cache. Wasted vet reward pick!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
21 pages of Ilsh maps turned from Hoarde to Cache. With high luck I get at LEAST one Leg Artie from a Hoarde map, notta from a cache. Wasted vet reward pick!
Not to mention wasted maps. I have about 1200 Horde and trove maps that turnded to Cache!

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Oh wow I was wondering what happened to all my higher level maps... only had 3 left in the locker. Mine is an old locker but newly placed. Not sure if that makes a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
before i offer assistance i need to know whether you are a RL female or not.
Well yes as my photo of myself shows I am. But what assistance? I am not asking for assistance but stating that I was wondering what happened to my maps

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just checked mine on siege and all my Hoard maps changed to Cache on my locker that has been placed for a long time. it seems to just be the older maps, there's a hoard and a trove i dropped in there a week or so ago that are still trove and hoard.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well yes as my photo of myself shows I am. But what assistance? I am not asking for assistance but stating that I was wondering what happened to my maps
I think North was joking tying to the RL female thread. But now I recall you had a different avatar. Disregard if you did not.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just checked mine on siege and all my Hoard maps changed to Cache on my locker that has been placed for a long time. it seems to just be the older maps, there's a hoard and a trove i dropped in there a week or so ago that are still trove and hoard.
Ouch. The devs tried to fix the original problem or they decided to level the playing field.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Three Hours and Thirty minuets waiting on a GM to come and blow some smoke up my (*). I just wanna hear whet this idiot sayz

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You need to be prepared to order the next few meals to be delivered... I think GMs are a myth nowdays

Myself, and two others that I know of, in the last few months have paged for one, and got nothing but an email the next day.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think North was joking tying to the RL female thread. But now I recall you had a different avatar. Disregard if you did not.
LOL I laughed at that post. Now I am a female and my hubby axtonz is a male. At one point there was a photo of both of us but that was confusing people so I changed to my profile picture from Facebook.

North_LS

Journeyman

Sorry, that was just a joke response to the original post in reference to another recent post. didn't have anything to do with your response or photo.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Sorry, that was just a joke response to the original post in reference to another recent post. didn't have anything to do with your response or photo.
I was like wow not sure what I did but it did make me laugh. And then I totally understood it. So what do you do for RL females?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was like wow not sure what I did but it did make me laugh. And then I totally understood it. So what do you do for RL females?

Ooooo snap she went there :)

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This post has nowhere to go now but to be closed by The Captain.
But I'll do like Mr. Heep and.....
:pint:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep the new Davies I got and put the older maps in 50 something all changed to cache. The new maps I have dropped in it the last few days stayed good. Logged into Cats and LS and checked them since they have been there forever and all of the 6-7 maps turned to cache. Moved them to different houses when a I was shifting houses around a month or so ago. The one I had looked at intitally was the new one I got on Origin and I just looked at the last page. SO the 1000 or so miasma maps on LS and Cats are mid level maps now instead of upper end. TG it wasn't a locker with 500 SOSs in it that broke :) Keep hoping this bug impacts my bod books and changes all the iron normal to val exceptional............ that is about how bugs and fixes work now days ;)