• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Quest Engine / 2 Quests

Serks

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi,

i am currently running 2 quests at the same time in the Old Quest Engine. (HAG + Whatever I like).
Did someone else encountered this issue and can tell me how I can get rid of all quests?

I already paged a GM, but got only the default text "Click your char ... blabla". But this does not work, because you can only cancel the second quest and you can not interact anymore with the npc from the first quest.

Has someone maybe an idea how to reset the 'bugged' old quest engine / questlog? Or is the GM route the only way?

Thanks

Serks

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
1.jpg

Well, it is not that easy ... as you can maybe see, my QuestLog says Solen Quest, Grizelda says find my apprentice. Something is wrong. I can only cancel the solen quest, after that Grizelda does not talk anymore with me.

I also tried the other client, other quests, dying and what not, but nothing helped so far.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
have you tried finding the apprentice on the road to yew? If you can complete the hag quest, you might be able to get rid of it.

But, yeah, that's a bug because you usually get a message that you're on another quest when you try to get a second classic quest.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mandrake, these are the pre-ML quest system. They have NEVER been in the paperdoll quest system gump, and work independent of them.
On your paperdoll - it is a tab that says quests, there you can cancle them.

Serks

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wrote another ticket and GM River sorted it out this time. Waited ~30 minutes and took probably <1 minute. I am very happy now!

The questing was really messed up, because the 2 quests were triggering each other steps back and forth. Quest descriptions and objectives were also mixed up at some point ... :confused:

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
glad your issue got resolved. that code must be pretty messy at this point. i wonder why they didn't put everything into the new engine.