• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Well that was a easy Pirate quest.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sailed into Zento to turn a pirate in and look what was parked right at the dock. Has to be one of the fastest completion of the Bounty Hunter Quest ever :) I have done A LOT of Dread Pirate Turn ins and this is the first one I have ever seen parked at the Zento Dock LOL.

Pirate in Town 1.png

Pirate in Town 2.png

pirate in town 3.png

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame I have to do my mining on Merch ships now days. Kind of OT but Did they bump the ignots cap up while I was gone? Have hit several now with 800+ bars per stack since back ? Remember my best one was 600 of one kind of bar before my vacation. Certainly was not pulling 2 stacks of 950 from 1 Merch ship before. This one btw is the only one I pulled that many ignots from. Next best was 800 val, 500 ag and 450 verite. Most run in the 300-450 range or the chest with logs and lower ignots. Just wondering if the cap on ignots is 950 now instead of whatever it was before? Much less barbed leather now days as well :) There 100 FW and 150 BW in those board stacks and I believe 150 barbed from all three of the deck chest on that boat.

ship1.png ship2.png ship3.png

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ya, Back when you could mark runes for locations I would dig up that many in a day, today's merchants ships have brought new life to me pirate days

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya, Back when you could mark runes for locations I would dig up that many in a day, today's merchants ships have brought new life to me pirate days
Soooo many hours scouting out all the different ore deposits and marking runes and filling rune books with each type :( Then later so many more hours walking the world whacking trees and finding the best rarewood trees and marking and booking them. Then poof one day your mining and LJ career are over because we are making it a for the automated players job only :(

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe some day they will let us mine and LJ effectively again. What I got from Kryonix though is miners and LJs as a primary play style just didn't exist. And resource collection was/is just a means to a greater end. Yet I knew several folks that logged in just to mine and LJ and collect those resources to sell. Sigh but instead of dealing with the scripters then they just broke an entire play style and made it better for the scripters that can run 23/7. Then came up with stuff like the maps and loading merch ships with resources and now mining is not even useful for doing T maps LOL. Other than Salt Peter mining is about as useful of a skill as camping is.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Which is a shame because it's so hard now to get stone I need.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which is a shame because it's so hard now to get stone I need.
I was doing pretty good with colored stone in the bottom of the orc mine fel side. There is usually 2-3 val deposits floating around down there and a couple of ver and ag. seems they when they change they stay somewhere on the bottom level. add in the fel double bonus and it gets a lot easier. Just set pick to stone only. I have not seen anyone at the bottom of the orc mine fel side in probably a decade now, including on GL. Just don't take a beetle and wear a orc mask with a bag of sending..

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Atlantic Fel. Once upon a time I mined every single tile on the shard to mark colored vein runes for my guild. Every angle of every mountain and every foot of all the caves, incl the Orc caves. I don't even want to think about how long that took.

I did kill a guy and looted a forge in a bag from his corpse once though, that was sweet to use for a time.

Someone decided all that fun had to stop though, ah well.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic Fel. Once upon a time I mined every single tile on the shard to mark colored vein runes for my guild. Every angle of every mountain and every foot of all the caves, incl the Orc caves. I don't even want to think about how long that took.

I did kill a guy and looted a forge in a bag from his corpse once though, that was sweet to use for a time.

Someone decided all that fun had to stop though, ah well.
LOL forgot about those forges.