• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Public Siege Perilous Discord Server

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello everyone

I created a public server for Siege Perilous on Discord. Use this link to join:

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

There are different sections for General chat, PvM, PvP, Trades and a channel for guilds to advertise and recruit.
The server will be barely moderated but I would still like to ask people to keep it somewhat civil - I guess we'll see how well that works.

Feel free to invite your friends and guildmates.

(For those who are afraid that we will be using this to see who's online: you can activate invisibility mode)

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never used discord and it's been forever since I have used ventrillo. I am intrested in this. Thanks Max

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
best thing about: it's for free! (we probably get spied on but who cares, right?)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am there ;) Max got a good deal selling those crystals portals the other day. I tried to buy them but it's hard to beat the trade he got.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Max got a good deal selling those crystals portals the other day. I tried to buy them but it's hard to beat the trade he got.
here's the easy way to successfully buying things: pay the ammount people ask for or offer a trade that is about the same value of what they ask for. ;-)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
94 people now.
Today even Susie snuck a peek (although she claims accidentally) - pretty sure she saw the Bo, Siege and myself in there and couldn't help herself but take a look.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of coarse she did, what chick wouldn't peek in on in on a couple sexy guys!

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
since we've recently been having issues with the "not so permanent" permanent links to our discord channel I wonder if this link in post #1 is still working...can anyone who hasn't already joined confirm?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Today I have released the first part of an ongoing series of guides on how to make it on Siege Perilous with cheap gear on the public Siege discord server.
The first part of the series will focus on PvM dexxer templates.
I will keep publishing guides for PvM caster templates and tamer templates (+ their respective pet builds) and suit building guides.

All of the above will be tailored towards the Siege Perilous ruleset and will focus on cheap equipment as to give newcomers a chance to get established and lay the economic foundations to allow them to PvP one day.

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Tigsalot from ICE newb.

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was all role play names. It was quite funny actually. This was before general chat, and it took place mostly around Vesper bank.

Tigsalot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, that's something would do If I was decked out in my "leet" rares and pimp cane. There was nary a whimper of complaint from the ladies.....or Kelmo.

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Good to see you here, Tigsalot. It has been many a long year........

Tigsalot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoa! Joey JoJo! You still have that house next to Umbra...or Umber.....whatever it's called.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since I didn't see any personal attacks towards you in any of the channels you must be talking about the one text channel for political "debates" (if you even wanna call it that). I am personally not a big fan of that one, however as long as that helps keeping the other channels clean I'll give people this as an outlet for their weird opinions so I can ignore them and don't have to bother with them in the other channels. Saves me the time to moderate. Or were you talking about something else?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*shakes head* That is a bad decision Max. You can keep your "Outlet for weird opinions". I personally would not ignore it as it has yer name all over it,

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you realize that there are names assigned to each message that clearly indicate who is talking, right?
Also this has never been intended to be a private server as in "my" server. I made this to help people interact and make it on Siege.

As I said, I don't like most of the stuff that is posted in that specific channel and I admit I have been thinking about removing it but on the other hand I really don't see why you can't simply ignore that channel and use the server for what is was meant for in the first place.
Problem now is if I do decide to get rid of that channel it'll look like you made me do it ;-)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Some things should not be ignored.

Shalimar/Cleo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Heh, I went in to the 'strange channel' looking for Max's name all over it and can't chuffin' find his name. Seriously though, while my opinions differ from most, I think it's not a good idea to try to prevent others from voicing theirs. Weird or not. 159 users.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some things should not be ignored.
I suggest you send me a pm with detailed information on what exactly you're talking about because vague hints don't help me much with this. I don't read much in that particular channel because I don't see a point in reading certain people's opinions or even arguing with them, so please let me know and I'll look into it. Would have been a great way to voice your concerns too by the way... (messaging me that is...)

Tigsalot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You all seem to be grossly missing the real point is: Where the hell is Joey Jojo Junior Shabadoo!

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep the channel. It's used by 4 people for the most part and it keeps non UO talk out of the general channel. Most large discord servers have an "anything goes" room for that very reason.