• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ancient Lich?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I ran into an ancient lich in Malas, northwest of Labyrinth, that I don't ever remember seeing there before. Is this new or have I just missed it?

Last edited:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
if its on the island, surrounding the entrance to Labrinth
then that would be leftovers from a tmap

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
if its on the island, surrounding the entrance to Labrinth
then that would be leftovers from a tmap
Actually, they kept spawning as I killed them, with names like Baratoz and Almonjoy (true) - fairly tough critters - on LA - event leftovers maybe?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
WAYYYYYY back in the mid-2000s, Lake Austin had one of the best EMs ever (the current one is one of the best, but the one back then was one of the all-time best - so much so that people created characters to come to LA events, before transfers became a dime a dozen).

There was an event arc that involved Lord Martel Navarre (the main NPC) and his evil brother Mortaigne (a death knight). You can still find Mortaigne's house on the Labyrinth island. It was surrounded by his forces.

Mortaine's forces included Ancient Liches, Rotting Corpses, skeletal Wyrms, etc. And an alliance (short-lived) with the minotaurs. There was an assault on Luna, where the Minotaurs turned on Mortaine when he started animating THEIR dead to attack.

However, EA shut down the EM program suddenly a few days after the event, with Martel dying, his sons corrupted, and LUNA STILL SURROUNDED BY MORTAINE'S ARMY. It took 4 years or more before someone FINALLY listened at Bioware/Mythic (yes it took THAT LONG) and removed the ancient liches, RCs and SW that made the area north of Luna (prime housing vendor areas elsewhere) UNUSABLE except for hunting. The Old-timers still wish we could have gotten a real conclusion to that event. And, worse, Luna still has closed gates on some sides.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
removed the ancient liches,
I knew you would know the story :
However, the house and the ancient liches were still there last night - the quickly respawning liches made it such a bother that I gave up on a treasure chest there

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That house is part of our shard history and unique spots - we've insisted that it remain where it is with spawn.

However, the spawn IS a bit reduced from what is was like in 2006-2012, and (thankfully) no longer spawns paragons in Malas.

If you get more maps there on LA, if I'm on and/or some of UMP and the other long-time guilds, we probably will help guard you as you dig.