• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could a PP WW make a good magery pet?

Mad Huntsman

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have my AI/chiv PP mare and I'm looking for a spellcasting addition to my stables for boats.

Would a PP WW make a decent mage?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use a current 2 slot spawn for magery. Don't waste a PP mare for Magery. Sell it before you put magery on it.

Mad Huntsman

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I assume your response would be the same, but I'm asking about a prepatch white wyrm. I was just saying I already have an AI/chiv mare (because I know someone will suggest doing AI/chiv)

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
AI Chiv works real well with PP WW. The overcap strength really brings it home on damage. The highest single target dps is AI Chiv, sorry they didn't think to make other specs beefier when they rolled this out.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I assume your response would be the same, but I'm asking about a prepatch white wyrm. I was just saying I already have an AI/chiv mare (because I know someone will suggest doing AI/chiv)
Hmm That one is up to you. Chiv uses the strength for damage calc. If you have a low strength one then it would not be bad to try magery on it. Just dont use one with high strength. 721 to 760 is the range. There seems to be a lot of WW around. Any Mare will sell for a decent price. The low str <740 high Cold resist WWs are not selling right now. A 760 str low cold resist would be worth a lot!

Also Search info on Magery Mastery or just keeping the natural Magery. Dont add the mastery right away. See how you like it with just the natural magery.

Yup I saw PP mare in your post and didn't want it ruined. sorry.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PP WWs are exceptionally well suited for Chiv+AI, not only due to their overcapped STR, but also because they have no wasted Specials then. A PP WW with Chiv+AI will spam the hell out of AI, and won't waste any Mana on Dragon Breath, unlike a PP Mare.

Mad Huntsman

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
PP WWs are exceptionally well suited for Chiv+AI, not only due to their overcapped STR, but also because they have no wasted Specials then. A PP WW with Chiv+AI will spam the hell out of AI, and won't waste any Mana on Dragon Breath, unlike a PP Mare.
Yeah my PP mare is only scrolled with 115s. I think I may just race change to garg for mount speed and swap to an AI/chiv WW if they’re that good.