• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC lag spikes around big house

pbGetWrekt

Journeyman
I am using a 60hz monitor, 700 mbps, 40 latency, Nvidia GTX 1060 Max Q with I7 processor. I can run Apex Legends perfectly... why am I spiking while loading vendor houses in Luna or running around Yew houses?

Should I move the EC folder to my SSD or leave on my 1tb hard drive?

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Full screen + ssd is better for fps and read write, but not sure if either will matter

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am using a 60hz monitor, 700 mbps, 40 latency, Nvidia GTX 1060 Max Q with I7 processor. I can run Apex Legends perfectly... why am I spiking while loading vendor houses in Luna or running around Yew houses?

Should I move the EC folder to my SSD or leave on my 1tb hard drive?
the problem is (like for the issue with many mobiles reported 100000000000 times and ignored by the devs...), that the client creates all the items/mobiles at once, and since it run in a single thread if they are too many or a bit complex it gets stuck.
With 150 mobiles around it has to create like 800 objects (only for the UI) for example. Can it handle it? yes, but it has to do it bit by bit like 10-30 every 0.1s so it won't get stuck.

For the mobiles I could fix it myself if only those UI parts were in the UI instead of inside the client... because every bug inside the client seems to be destined to stay there 'till the end of time :(

pbGetWrekt

Journeyman
I may try moving folder to ssd, upgrade to 32gb ram and 144 hz monitor since I play Apex anyway also.

Which UO folder would I need to move to SSD for EC?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may try moving folder to ssd, upgrade to 32gb ram and 144 hz monitor since I play Apex anyway also.

Which UO folder would I need to move to SSD for EC?
the whole game folder is enough, for sure a faster read/write rate helps :D