• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

T hunting - 1st legendary

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Warrior's cache - Malas - 1450 luck - GM carto - metal (gray) chest
I've done about 50 chests so far, mostly supply and cache, a few hoard and trove - this is the first legendary

Attachments

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bad RNG I have only done a few hoard also. Found at least 4 Legendaries. This is the only one I kept. 0 Luck

(the Gorget)

Did a Hoard tonight got this:
upload_2019-6-26_18-40-19.png upload_2019-6-26_22-24-19.png

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No legendaries yet (only doing stash and supply chests currently), but have gotten several Greater Artifacts and Major Artifacts from Liches and Ogre Lords that spawned from the supply maps. A couple of them might actually be useful to a mid-range player (one was, if I remember correctly, a katana with HCI, 30% SSI, and max or near-max in DI and 4 other properties including leeches and a hit spell)

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Luck plays a big part in getting more high end artifacts in the Tmaps. Ive seen plenty of legendary items in chest ranging from cache to trove. I run about 2200 luck though, and it definitely helps. Just FYI

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Luck plays a big part in getting more high end artifacts in the Tmaps. Ive seen plenty of legendary items in chest ranging from cache to trove. I run about 2200 luck though, and it definitely helps. Just FYI
I haven't had a chance to test this but I think I'd agree with you. I have always used luck on my T-Hunter so I've been rolling with my luck suit since it's on him. I've gotten several legendary items and I just chalked it up to them just "upgrading the loot" in chests but if others aren't getting that many then I'd say luck suits definitely help (mine is 2500 befire statue/fel bumps). I've gotten a handful in both cache & hoard maps (haven't done Trove maps yet) but believe I've gotten more from the hoard chests. I've also gotten a legendary or 2 from rusty chest quality cache chests which has me questioning how much rusty vs gold chest qualities really impact loot.

Although I've gotten probably 10+ legendary items from the chests so far I will say that all of them are right in line with you guys posted on here (stat wise). There hasn't been anything that has really impressed me and been something that would replace anything I currently use AND I have noticed that sometimes the Major Artifacts I'm pulling are just as good (sometimes better) than the legendary artifacts I see. @Tina Small and I posted about this before the publish went live that the mods/intensities of the legendaries were lacking on TC1 and we were hopeful they would be bumped up but doesn't look like that the case. For me to use a legendary (on a mage) I'd look for 20+ LRC / 8+ LMC / 8+ mana / 3+ int / 3+ MR and decent resists (17+ in each) at a minimum and then some type of HP/STR/Cast Focus/DCI/etc sprinkled in would be a nice to have (just 1 of the mods). The legendary items I've seen spawn in the chests has been far from that and will typically only spawn with 1 or 2 mods maxed out and then several other mods at minimum intensity which makes it less appealing (or the same) as a major artifact.

Has anyone found something with the mods I listed above on a treasure map item yet? If so, what was your luck at? What kind of chest?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is an example piece I got out of a new T-map, was a hoard chest I believe. Its only a major artifact and a head piece but I have seen many similar items drop.

newtmap.jpg

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Here is an example piece I got out of a new T-map, was a hoard chest I believe. Its only a major artifact and a head piece but I have seen many similar items drop.

View attachment 99425
Great piece if it had some resists. I read in the newsletter notes Ultima Online Newsletter #38 about the DEVs addressing a question someone asked about loot...
Q: Where do the 10-14ish mod items have the POSSIBILITY of spawning anymore? OR, as is being bounced around, did y'all make changes to keep anything over 8-9 mods from being available anymore?

A: Items with 10 - 14 mods are still available on creatures such as Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer and other high end encounters. There is a cap on the total intensity an item can have but there is not a cap on how many mods are selected other then the available intensity to apply them. New item mods can only be applied if there is available intensity on the item.

Seems that items can only be within a certain intensity... this makes me think some of the previous loot people have seen (like from the roof) possibly falls under a high intensity cap versus what the cap is for treasure chest loot.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when i was testing on Origin i was getting a couple per chest on level 4/5 maps (the old level 6/7)
think i still have the bags laid out on Origin i can go count.

*EDIT*

the level 5 did (old level 7) had no Legendary and 10 Major/Greater Artifacts, luck 1400

the level 4 did had no legendary and 8 Major/Greater Artifacts, luck 1400

strange, i thought i had seen a couple Legendary.
guess my memory remembers it better that is actually was!
haha!

Last edited:

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only do hoard and trove maps. Approximately 3400 luck, gm carto. I average 3 to 6 legendaries per map. Rarely do I get anything under lesser artifact. Even then, most of the loot is greater artifact or higher.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only do hoard and trove maps. Approximately 3400 luck, gm carto. I average 3 to 6 legendaries per map. Rarely do I get anything under lesser artifact. Even then, most of the loot is greater artifact or higher.
@Freelsy

Are you talking of 3400 luck WITH the Luck Statue Boost or WITH the Felucca 1,000 Luck Boost or from the Sphynx or from Bushido/Perfection or a combination of any of these ?

The reason that I am asking, is that, from this Post Maximum Luck , I understand that currently, the max Luck on a suit is 2,530 ....

So, of the 3,400 Luck you have, what comes from the suit and what from anything else if I may ask ?

Thanks.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Yes popps it's with statue. Can you please go on the official boards in that 8 mod post tag Mesanna and Kyronix and ask them to clarify if they're considering High Resists as a mod. We need additional clarity on their 10-14 item comment

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had to try some fresh maps today, 1 Trove and one Hoard, both feluca.

Pulled these ones out from a Trove map in fel, (2100 luck + statue),
Only posted the Legendary artifacts, but remember even Greater and Major artifacts can be good with the right combination.
I can see the RNG trying, but not just quite there with the combinations and intensity, still the RNG label it "Legendary Artifact".
Im sure if you do a hundred of these you'll end up with something really great.

asdf

And these from an Artisan Hoard map in fell, (2100 luck + statue)

As for the 12-14 mods Im pretty sure the devs are counting with resists :)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Had to try some fresh maps today, 1 Trove and one Hoard, both feluca.

Pulled these ones out from a Trove map in fel, (2100 luck + statue),
Only posted the Legendary artifacts, but remember even Greater and Major artifacts can be good with the right combination.
I can see the RNG trying, but not just quite there with the combinations and intensity, still the RNG label it "Legendary Artifact".
Im sure if you do a hundred of these you'll end up with something really great.

asdf

And these from an Artisan Hoard map in fell, (2100 luck + statue)

As for the 12-14 mods Im pretty sure the devs are counting with resists :)

Awesome thanks for posting! This somewhat falls in line with what I'm seeing. All items say Legendary (likely because the amount of mods) but aside from 1 or 2 properties (not counting resist) every mod is like bare minimum.
Example: Tall Straw Hat has 7 properties (and resists) but only the LMC is max (overcapped at 10) and then mana is at 8 (max imbued weight)... everything else is at 1% and LRC is only 15%.

All the armor pieces I'm seeing are the same thing from the chests. I have a bunch of hoard/trove maps to do so I will test more but if this is going to be what we get from them then I'll likely stick to supply chests for the other drops. I'm wondering if the loot being pulled from the roof right now is better than this as far of intensity of properties. Anyone have a legendary from there recently to compare?