• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Triton Chiv/AI then Feint or FWW?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I might be beating a dead horse (or Triton) here, but I'd like to get some thoughts on which would be a good path to go on a Triton I have.

This is the raw numbers
Test Triton1.PNG

And this is the possible plan
Test Triton2.PNG
Going FWW is no different on the build.
But given I've not done a build like this, I thought I'd ask for some thoughts on Feint or FWW on a complex build like this

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I might be beating a dead horse (or Triton) here, but I'd like to get some thoughts on which would be a good path to go on a Triton I have.

This is the raw numbers
View attachment 99248

And this is the possible plan
View attachment 99249
Going FWW is no different on the build.
But given I've not done a build like this, I thought I'd ask for some thoughts on Feint or FWW on a complex build like this
Supposedly, Feint is for ultimate tank, with few other added specials only. It may just sit there and "Feint", good for tanking, and others and player doing damage, in super hard hitting mobs like Exodus.
In my opinion, FzWW may be a better investment for versatility and Single Target and also Spawns. Best of the best for single target is likely just Chiv/AI alone according to most posts.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Would be nice to build one of each.
I do have another that is 65%, I can make it work.
Test Triton3.PNG
Only put in Feint, but FzWW can work here. I also didn't add a tactics scroll, but I might be able to put in a 105
Test Triton4.PNG
So, now the question is which would be best for which?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a Chiv+AI Triton, and a Feint Triton. Chiv+AI Triton is for high single target damage, Feint Triton is for heavy tanking, mostly Exodus. For AoE pet, i use a FWW+PB Najasaurus. With the Najasaurus, i don't have to worry about Poison blocking me from healing him at all, which is really nice if he's surrounded by dozens of poison capable mobs at a champ.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a Chiv+AI Triton, and a Feint Triton. Chiv+AI Triton is for high single target damage, Feint Triton is for heavy tanking, mostly Exodus. For AoE pet, i use a FWW+PB Najasaurus. With the Najasaurus, i don't have to worry about Poison blocking me from healing him at all, which is really nice if he's surrounded by dozens of poison capable mobs at a champ.
@PlayerSkillFTW - How does the Feint Triton do against Exodus? Does it need heavy healing & large party or is there finally a pet that can be used for Exodus only using a few people?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@PlayerSkillFTW - How does the Feint Triton do against Exodus? Does it need heavy healing & large party or is there finally a pet that can be used for Exodus only using a few people?
The Feint Triton will still require some external Healing, but not near as much as Cus or other pets. Exodus usually hits for 70-80 damage against most pets, but hits a Triton for 35-40 during a 120 Bush Feint (which is almost constantly up). The Triton consumes Mana using Feint, and also consumes 10 Mana every time he heals himself, which takes about 5 secs. Still, the Feint uptime difference between a Feint Triton, and a Feint Cu, is pretty big. The Triton doesn't waste time/mana on Bleed.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Feint Triton will still require some external Healing, but not near as much as Cus or other pets. Exodus usually hits for 70-80 damage against most pets, but hits a Triton for 35-40 during a 120 Bush Feint (which is almost constantly up). The Triton consumes Mana using Feint, and also consumes 10 Mana every time he heals himself, which takes about 5 secs. Still, the Feint uptime difference between a Feint Triton, and a Feint Cu, is pretty big. The Triton doesn't waste time/mana on Bleed.
@PlayerSkillFTW

Is it feasible to keep the Triton healed through Veterinary or would it be necessary to heal it at a distance using Magery Heal ?