• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GJ on T Hunting update!!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To me, people complaining about brittle items must have absolutely no clue about what the property is.

It's no different than having an item that's been imbued.

• they can't be powdered - but at least they start at 255, instead of you having to powder to 255 before imbuing.
  • They can still be enhanced, and are typically too high intensity to be imbued.
  • They can be repaired just like any other item, and in my experience damage at the same rate as a normal or imbued item.
So, it's not a god-like clean item (which probably doesn't exist), or even the "prized" items that some people sneer at because they can't be blessed, and insurance costs 10x as much (and those are typically the ones that have multiple platinum in the bank, while the people having no issues with prized have less than ten million).

Once I realized just how LITTLE Brittle actually meant, I gladly use them - and people buy them all the time from my vendor. I've yet to have one, weapon or armor, drop below 180 despite using said items for 2-3 years or more.

Who knew there were people obsessed with "First World Problems" in-game?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am actually happy with the new changes to T-Maps... been doing several of them and so far Rik is ecstatic with the number of Gems he's finding... he couldn't be more pleased...

I've also found a number of really nice pieces of armor... no weapons but who ever found good weapons anyway???? I mean seriously I've never looted a useable weapon... maybe a few splintering things for PvPers but I don't give a crap about PvP... and I never expect to ever find a useable weapon since the DEVs don't have a clue what is a decent weapon property and what isn't.

I am enjoying the new stuff... finding some nice dragons to tame... and really having a great time...

But then Rik has over 1k Luck on him and he is in a party with 2 of my tamers... which helps some I suppose... sure I die here and there but so what... and Yes I cheated to get GM RT... I bought a mythic token made a new tamer gave it 90 RT ate two 5.0 RT Pinks been saving for a while (bought/traded from a friend)... and viola GM ... I fail here and there with the RT but not a big deal... No more than I failed before with invising and the mobs killing me. IMO the changes have been a win win.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Brittle items are indeed awesome.
If you find a good one, hold on it with all you have. It will last you a life time.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Done several of stash, cache and hoard of those, never saw a single pile of reagents.
I will do one now and take a picture of the look even.
I can confirm they are 100% spawning in Mage stash chest in Malas. I did a mage stash last night and this morning and got a reagent bag in both. FWIW they both had necro reags (60 each)

Abbarosh

Seasoned Veteran
I am actually happy with the new changes to T-Maps... been doing several of them and so far Rik is ecstatic with the number of Gems he's finding... he couldn't be more pleased...

I've also found a number of really nice pieces of armor... no weapons but who ever found good weapons anyway???? I mean seriously I've never looted a useable weapon... maybe a few splintering things for PvPers but I don't give a crap about PvP... and I never expect to ever find a useable weapon since the DEVs don't have a clue what is a decent weapon property and what isn't.

I am enjoying the new stuff... finding some nice dragons to tame... and really having a great time...

But then Rik has over 1k Luck on him and he is in a party with 2 of my tamers... which helps some I suppose... sure I die here and there but so what... and Yes I cheated to get GM RT... I bought a mythic token made a new tamer gave it 90 RT ate two 5.0 RT Pinks been saving for a while (bought/traded from a friend)... and viola GM ... I fail here and there with the RT but not a big deal... No more than I failed before with invising and the mobs killing me. IMO the changes have been a win win.
Dont know what loot your were getting in old system guys but havent had one piece worth spit out of about 120 chests , Loot is simply horrendous in comparison to the old system , i do like certain things about the change and have got used to the new speed at which i can grind the chests out. But in my opinion the loot isn't worth the grind and I used to grind the hell out of maps on the old system. Havent seen a single decent jewel so far , had some decent weapons which were brittle so they wont last long for my purposes ( PVP splinter weapons dont last long when brittle ). Anyone else finding the legendaries worse than the majors?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL yeah I have been tmapping years and have been making good gold for reasonable gear from it , now i have done about 80 maps so far and not seen one jewels worth anything and the mage chests is full 80% at least with staffs the rangers chest 80% bows and the warriors chest seriously just get rid of it its useless

And dont get me started on the ridiculous amount of cursed antique and brittle weapons and armour etc etc
I have done roughly 60 maps since the publish, and I have only found ONE item (probably) worth keeping. Most of the maps were Hoard and Trove, in various facets (except Eodon). If the goal was just to give more stuff to unravel, then they spent 3 months (?), and succeeded! Go Devs!!!

Abbarosh

Seasoned Veteran
I have done roughly 60 maps since the publish, and I have only found ONE item (probably) worth keeping. Most of the maps were Hoard and Trove, in various facets (except Eodon). If the goal was just to give more stuff to unravel, then they spent 3 months (?), and succeeded! Go Devs!!!
Careful mate dont wanna upset the people who seem to think this revamp is amazing

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dont know what loot your were getting in old system guys but havent had one piece worth spit out of about 120 chests , Loot is simply horrendous in comparison to the old system , i do like certain things about the change and have got used to the new speed at which i can grind the chests out. But in my opinion the loot isn't worth the grind and I used to grind the hell out of maps on the old system. Havent seen a single decent jewel so far , had some decent weapons which were brittle so they wont last long for my purposes ( PVP splinter weapons dont last long when brittle ). Anyone else finding the legendaries worse than the majors?
Don't last long when Brittle? TF????? I'm sorry but Brittle is basically Imbued and I have imbued stuff that's lasted years...

It's ANTIQUE that falls apart just putting the crap on..... you don't even have to do much... hell you just cast some spell like invis on yourself and the antique crap starts to take damage...

And in the old system I NEVER saw anything that was Legendary... I've gotten at least 8 or more Legendaries off the new system in just maybe 30 or 40 chests... and these are not high end ones. Most of the ones I've dug up have been gold or the "normal" color a few maybe 2 or 3 have been "rusty". But I run a party with Me, Myself and I... so... that might have something to do with it...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Screenshot 2019-06-20 21.24.38.png

The new bag on the left of the two gold/gem bags is the Reagent bag from some of the Supply chests. I've found 2 so far, both in Mage Supply chests (which I had maybe 5 of in the 40 maps done so far)

Contains 60 each of the 8 Magery reagents.

No sign of Necro or Mystic reagents, so far. If that's an oversight, it needs fixed, and there are other uses for the Necro and Mystic reagents besides casting (alchemy for Necro, crafting and getting to Doom for Mystic)

Now, if Tugsoft could find the time to edit UOAssist to have them recognized as containers, I'd be happy, as I'd love to use them with the pickup agent and organizer agent of UOA.

Abbarosh

Seasoned Veteran
Don't last long when Brittle? TF????? I'm sorry but Brittle is basically Imbued and I have imbued stuff that's lasted years...

It's ANTIQUE that falls apart just putting the crap on..... you don't even have to do much... hell you just cast some spell like invis on yourself and the antique crap starts to take damage...

And in the old system I NEVER saw anything that was Legendary... I've gotten at least 8 or more Legendaries off the new system in just maybe 30 or 40 chests... and these are not high end ones. Most of the ones I've dug up have been gold or the "normal" color a few maybe 2 or 3 have been "rusty". But I run a party with Me, Myself and I... so... that might have something to do with it...
Brittle is different on splinter weapons , you lose 30 or 40 durability when splinter goes off

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Brittle is different on splinter weapons , you lose 30 or 40 durability when splinter goes off
But it can just be repaired... which drops durability by 1... so not really a big deal

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I dont think your getting the point on pvping with splinter weapons mate , you gunna leave the fight every 3 minutes to repair the weapon?
Switch it out for another and keep going... I carry at least 12 bows on me at all times... It's possible to carry and use more than one weapon.

Abbarosh

Seasoned Veteran
Switch it out for another and keep going... I carry at least 12 bows on me at all times... It's possible to carry and use more than one weapon.
Thats probably the worst example i have ever seen , i carry 7 kryss on my dexxer but not everyone is lucky enough to have that many decent weapons , so your still missing the point and ranged and melee is different. no splinter on bows

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
View attachment 99136

The new bag on the left of the two gold/gem bags is the Reagent bag from some of the Supply chests. I've found 2 so far, both in Mage Supply chests (which I had maybe 5 of in the 40 maps done so far)

Contains 60 each of the 8 Magery reagents.

No sign of Necro or Mystic reagents, so far. If that's an oversight, it needs fixed, and there are other uses for the Necro and Mystic reagents besides casting (alchemy for Necro, crafting and getting to Doom for Mystic)

Now, if Tugsoft could find the time to edit UOAssist to have them recognized as containers, I'd be happy, as I'd love to use them with the pickup agent and organizer agent of UOA.
@Basara - I think the reagent type depends on facet; I'm getting necro reags in Malas. I'm assuming you got mage reags in tram/fel? So maybe Mystic reags in Ter Mur mage stashes?

If the goal was just to give more stuff to unravel, then they spent 3 months (?), and succeeded! Go Devs!!!
@Keith of Sonoma - Actually... we got less items to unravel out of the deal when the reduced all the chest clutter :p

Anyone else finding the legendaries worse than the majors?
@Abbarosh - I definitely see what you are saying there... to me it seems like the majors have more high intensity properties stacked versus some of the legendaries I've come across. That said, I've seen a couple legendaries I have thrown in a bag at home for use on a newb char. I still have more testing to do on hoard/trove but my opinion right now is that it was possible on the old system to get a better item (overall) BUT under the new system you get more frequent usable pieces. For someone like you who was doing 30+ chests a day and probably selling that one awesome piece you got for 100M+; you are likely worse off. For someone that does 10-15 chests a day and is just looking for a piece here or there to add to their suit (or a new suit) I think those people are happy because there are certainly more of those middle of the road legendaries dropping than before.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thats probably the worst example i have ever seen , i carry 7 kryss on my dexxer but not everyone is lucky enough to have that many decent weapons , so your still missing the point and ranged and melee is different. no splinter on bows
Oh well see here is your problem.. you are actually trying to really PvP not just blow into a spawn kill the poor tamer who's trying to gather scrolls in two whacks while he's 1/2 dead anyway... that's what you're supposed to be doing don't you know??? You aren't supposed to actually want to PvP and actually fight anyone who can actually fight back and have the fight last ...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Abbarosh Looks like you won!

I have bows that need repair from beacons. Splintering weapons are different.

A glass shard breaks off from the weapon, striking the victim to cause a bleed effect and forcing walking. Stacks with the regular bleed effect to cause additional damage and extend the duration of the special attack. Weapon durability is substantially compromised during a successful attack.

Splintering loses durability very fast.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The treasure hunt revamp, and the ramifications of it have not finalized, it just started and it will be tweaked many times, now that the testing is done widely with hundreds of more players using it.

Another system, more complex, the taming revamp, came out limping and staggering bugs and all, giving a chance to expoiters to use some of its faults, but it was tweaked many many times, and the system now is more of what it was intended to be, and more balanced, and has opened content to single and group players that was either not doable or done with massive difficulty before.

The T-hunt revamp, just came out. I am sure the Devs don't mean to leave it as it is. There are points that will be tweaked, like its most important item, the loot "table" in different chests. The way the loot looks now, is not what it will be in 1-2 months. It will take fine tuning, there is no other way. The loot the way it is now I'm sure was not intentional, its just the phase zero publish. At least the basic mechanics work mostly. Next will be the loot table in chests, and the different intensities and a little bit the item numbers and types. Takes a little time.
T-hunting is not a junk event. It is just like taming revamp, a permanent persistent part of this game, and it will get better.

They just need more proper feedback also, so the wise and seasoned opinions of the vets here hopefully will be seen by the Devs somehow.

I know it is shocking to say, but evidence shows that the Devs DO listen to us HERE, in stealth mode, and they do take our concerns in consideration, since they want the game to continue to exist. Just look at what was initially intended to be done to T-hunting, and compare to how much nicer than that it turned out to be. It will get better.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't really mind the crappy armor, with the big boost in gold and blue, pink and white scrolls, not to mention other ingredients. For example, in just half an hour of low-level chests (while raising remove trap), I banked 250k gold. Where else are you going to pull in 500k gold an hour - not to mention a couple hundred thousand worth of blue scrolls, in that amount of time? Two of the blues were taming, still selling as of today for over 1M each on Atlantic. I'm sure the prices will drop as more are dug up from chests, but still, easy gold. Also, I've raised remove trap past 78 in just a few days of opening chests - no extra work like I feared. I guess it all depends on what you're looking for.