• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Its been a long time..Since new home: So silly questions:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
When you have a home for years, and want to upgrade for a new, better bigger home:

-First you put your most prized owning from the home to the bank, assuming you have space there.
-Then you place your new plot with the tool.
-Then your current home goes into demolition mode I guess?
-Then you better be quick and design and build what you want your new home to have, I guess.
-Your old home is still standing? For how long?
-Then you get to place your containers etc where you want them etc in the new home, and physically move your items from the old home to the new?
-OR
As soon as you place the new home plot your belongings all go to a "moving crate" and you have to pick them out from there one by one?
You remove shard shields from old home by "I want to release this", and not giving them the axe I suppose.

Sounds like a job that in most homes a few decades old will take several dedicated hours to do all this?

TY in advance for any insight.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Teleport tiles and 5 packies help out a great deal and you can move everything over that you will not need for the house design so it goes into the new home moving crate when you go into design mode.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When you have a home for years, and want to upgrade for a new, better bigger home:

-First you put your most prized owning from the home to the bank, assuming you have space there.
-Then you place your new plot with the tool.
-Then your current home goes into demolition mode I guess?
-Then you better be quick and design and build what you want your new home to have, I guess.
-Your old home is still standing? For how long?
-Then you get to place your containers etc where you want them etc in the new home, and physically move your items from the old home to the new?
-OR
As soon as you place the new home plot your belongings all go to a "moving crate" and you have to pick them out from there one by one?
You remove shard shields from old home by "I want to release this", and not giving them the axe I suppose.

Sounds like a job that in most homes a few decades old will take several dedicated hours to do all this?

TY in advance for any insight.
Yes put your important don't ever want to lose someplace safe...
Place new plot...
Yes Current house goes into decay...
You have supposedly 5 days but I wouldn't take more than 3...
Your old home stays supposedly 5 days though when you have it cleared out it's "wisest" to drop it.. this way you are sure to get your money invested in it and it's design back unless you decide to quick sell it... though I personally wouldn't buy a house in decay it's going to be open in a few days anyway...
Place stuff in new house... you physically move the stuff... handy to have a commodity deed box handy and some deeds... but I do suggest using teleport tiles to go between the two just don't forget to pick them up before you demolish old home.

I've never released my shard shields so can't answer that.

Crate is only for when you redesign stuff and things are in the way of the new design they go in the box they do NOT transfer from house to house so always check to make sure your old house says it's empty empty before you leave it... or demolish it.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To remove your shard shields, Release them, then double click it and it goes in deed form in your backpack.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you plan to use a character from another account to assist with the moving (maybe because they already have a set of bonded pack animals and the house owner account does not), keep in mind that you will have to keep adding that other character to the condemned house as a "friend" about every 30-45 minutes, maybe less. So don't be surprised if you're using one account to unlock stuff and put it in the packies and the other to move them to the new place if the account doing the moving ends up being stuck outside the house at some point because they are no longer welcome!

Last edited:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes put your important don't ever want to lose someplace safe...

You have supposedly 5 days but I wouldn't take more than 3...
those two points most important!

would advise not placing new house until you have packed up the old one, releasing everything and getting it into crates

what I've always found easiest to do is place all the boxes, bags, chests, on the new empty plot - after all is moved check moving crate in old house to make sure it's empty and then drop the house..... when that's done, place a wall on every tile of the new house (leaving one spot open for you to stand and access house menu), commit that plot full of walls and it forces everything into the moving crate... you can then take your time designing your new home

North_LS

Journeyman
i'd probably sub a second account to place the new house, transfer everything, then transfer home ownership once complete just to be on the safe side. I'm sure that's overkill, but $13 is worth less to me than dealing with the potential hassle of re-acquiring stuff or waiting six weeks for a GM to respond.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
i'd probably sub a second account to place the new house, transfer everything, then transfer home ownership once complete just to be on the safe side. I'm sure that's overkill, but $13 is worth less to me than dealing with the potential hassle of re-acquiring stuff or waiting six weeks for a GM to respond.
That's what I do. The 13 bucks or whatever to open an account for a month is nothing if you have a lot of valuables. Takes all the stress off wondering if there will be a glitch in the system. Plus I like to "sleep on" a new house design for a few days cause I always seem to change and fine tune it a bit before I put all my stuff in it. Plus EA needs the money :p

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
And remember to check for server crashes after you release things - there have been a few short ones on Atlantic recently to serve as a reminder. It'd be a shame to have unlocked/moved something only to learn that the server dropped and reverted by some minutes. I like to stay online/in game for a hour or two after a major move.

Cheers