• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GJ on T Hunting update!!!

croy6325

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
gotta say, treasure hunting has been one of my favorite parts of this game and this update made it better. before it was real mundane and unrewarding. i've only pulled 3 hoard chests today and have gotten 2 legendaries, a bunch of alacrity scrolls, and a couple decorative pieces.

its a bit tougher since you have to deal with high dmg explosions from the chests, but once u get used to it its enjoyable

Matrix Cubed

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
My problem is my 19 yr old T hunter never needed Remove Trap or Detect Hidden...can't raise one w/o the other! I couldn't even open a lvl 6 chest...the only loot I got from it was the pants the grubber stole! I should have let it keep em!
Oh wait! I have an Advance Char token! Huh? Oh...neither of those skills are on ANY 'template' much less on the T Hunter ACT template!
SOS's...they have to be 'new'? Tried 2 and same crap I always got?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
use remove trap skill, even at 0.0 skill you will eventually be able to open the chest, it just takes longer and you will have to kill more spawn before the trap is removed.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
did 3 old level 6 maps, 2 had 3 alacrity and the othe one had 4. also got 3 pinks. maybe too much candy. cant decode most level 6 maps. the gems bags are cool

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My problem is my 19 yr old T hunter never needed Remove Trap or Detect Hidden...can't raise one w/o the other! I couldn't even open a lvl 6 chest...the only loot I got from it was the pants the grubber stole! I should have let it keep em!
Oh wait! I have an Advance Char token! Huh? Oh...neither of those skills are on ANY 'template' much less on the T Hunter ACT template!
Detect is no longer with Remove Trap you do NOT need to work it at all...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know it's been too long since you logged in when you die and you can't immediately remember how to manifest your ghost to be rezz'd ,,,
Anyway, I logged in for the first time in two months today and tried a couple of cache chests - dying a few times on the first one from standing too close.
it took me a couple tries to realize that I can stand pretty far from the chest and still keep the remove trap going - 16 tiles is pretty generous
The cool thing is my remove trap went from 0 to 44 on 3 cache chests (with the help of a blue scroll). It's nice that RT will keep raising without any extra training, just by opening chests - you can start out using RT with 0 skill (RT will replace EI on my mystic - no great loss with mystic, focus, mage, med, carto and locks)
As far as loot, nothing to keep, but I didn't really expect anything at this level, and the gold is pretty nice for just getting my feet wet again

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was working remove trap on my Sonoma treasure hunter before the publish hit. Only had it up to 95.4, so I decided to see if she would get any gains from removing traps on actual treasure chests. So far she's gone from 95.4 to 96.0. Two stash chests gave no gains. Then did six supply chests and got .2 gains on two, .1 gains on two, and nothing on the other two. I was concerned about not being able to get any RT gains in the 90s, so I was glad to see they still happen at that level.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was working remove trap on my Sonoma treasure hunter before the publish hit. Only had it up to 95.4, so I decided to see if she would get any gains from removing traps on actual treasure chests. So far she's gone from 95.4 to 96.0. Two stash chests gave no gains. Then did six supply chests and got .2 gains on two, .1 gains on two, and nothing on the other two. I was concerned about not being able to get any RT gains in the 90s, so I was glad to see they still happen at that level.
Ditto. As many others have said, I have raised RT up to 50 pretty quick (taken about 10 supply.stash chests). That's been my main goal so the loot has just been secondary for the moment but I've still gotten some of the same "stuff" like skeleton keys/SoA/tasty treats/etc from those chests. I used 3500 luck and every chest was gold too (which I'd expect with max luck) so I think the DEVs for the most part got things right.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just posting my Remove Trap gains here. Will add the rest to this post as things progress. Hopefully this gives people some hope that this might actually work. :)

Moved 95.4 RT to treasure hunter.
Warrior Stash chest - no guardians, no RT gain
Warrior Stash chest - no guardians, no RT gain
Picked and disarmed 4 dungeon chests, no RT gain
Artisan supply chest - 1 guardian, .2 gain (95.6)
Mage Supply chest - no guardians, no RT gain
Assassin Supply chest - no guardians, no RT gain
Ranger Supply chest - no guardians, .2 gain (95.8)
Mage Supply chest - no guardians, .1 gain (95.9)
Mage Supply chest - no guardians, .1 gain (96.0)
Artisan Supply chest - no guardians, .1 gain (96.1)
Warrior Supply chest - no guardians, .1 gain (96.2)
Ranger Supply chest - no guardians, .2 gain (96.4)
Picked and disarmed 4 dungeon chests, no RT gain
Artisan Supply chest - no guardians, .2 gain (96.6)
Assassin Supply chest - no guardians, .1 gain (96.7)
Ranger Stash chest - no guardians, no RT gain
Warrior Stash chest - no guardians, .1 gain (96.8)
Ranger Stash - no guardians, no RT gain
Mage Stash - no guardians, .1 gain (96.9)
Artisan Stash - no guardians, no RT gain
Assassin Cache - 1 guardian, no RT gain
Mage Cache - 2 guardians, .1 gain (97.0)
Warrior Cache - 1 guardian, .1 gain (97.1)
Ranger Cache - no guardian, no RT gain
Ranger Supply - no guardian, no RT gain
Mage Supply - 1 guardian, no RT gain
2 Supply - no guardians, no RT gains
Artisan Supply - no guardian, .1 gain (97.2)
Ranger Cache - no guardian, no RT gain
Warrior Cache - 2 guardians, .2 gain (97.4)
Artisan Cache - no guardian, no RT gain
Warrior Supply - no guardian, .2 gain (97.6)
4 Supply - no guardians, no RT gains
Artisan Supply - no guardian, .1 gain (97.7)
Ranger Supply - no guardian, .1 gain (97.8)
2 Supply - no guardians, no RT gains
Warrior Cache - no guardian, .1 gain (97.9)
Mage Cache - 1 guardian, .2 gain (98.1)
Assassin Supply - no guardian, .1 gain (98.2)
Mage Supply - no guardian, .2 gain (98.4)
Assassin Supply - no guardian, no RT gain
Artisan Stash - no guardian, .1 gain (98.5)
Mage Stash - no guardian, .1 gain (98.6)
Assassin Stash - no guardian, no RT gain
Mage Stash - no guardian, no RT gain
Ranger Supply - no guardian, .1 gain (98.7)
Artisan Supply - no guardian, .1 gain (98.8)
Ranger Supply - no guardian, .1 gain (98.9)
Mage Supply - 1 guardian, no RT gain
Ranger Stash - no guardian, no RT gain
Mage Stash - 1 guardian, .1 gain (99.0)
Assassin Stash - no guardian, no RT gain
Assassin Stash - no guardian, .1 gain (99.1)
Warrior Supply - 1 guardian, no RT gain
Artisan Supply - no guardian, no RT gain
Ranger Supply - 1 guardian, no RT gain
Warrior Supply - 1 guardian, no RT gain
Artisan Supply - 1 guardian, .1 RT gain (99.2)
Mage Supply - no guardian, no RT gain
Mage Supply - 1 guardian, .1 RT gain (99.3)
Mage Stash - 1 guardian, .1 RT gain (99.4)
Mage Stash - no guardian, .1 RT gain (99.5)
Warrior Supply - no guardian, no RT gain
Mage Stash - no guardian, no RT gain
Ranger Supply - no guardian, .1 RT gain (99.6)
Ranger Stash - no guardian, no RT gain
Ranger Supply - 1 guardian, .1 RT gain (99.7)
Warrior Stash - no guardian, no RT gain
Warrior Stash - no guardian, no RT gain
Assassin Supply - 1 guardian, .2 RT gain (99.9)
Warrior Supply - no guardian, no RT gain
Warrior Supply - 1 guardian, .1 RT gain (100.0)

Last edited:

Abbarosh

Seasoned Veteran
lol GM remove trap on mine and out of about 25 maps average fails resulting in guardian spawn in 4 to 5 per map

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
lol GM remove trap on mine and out of about 25 maps average fails resulting in guardian spawn in 4 to 5 per map
Are you wearing gloves when attempting to remove trap? I think Tina said she was having guardians spawn more often before too and then I brought up the removing gloves to remove trap so those results might be without gloves.

@Tina Small - Did you start taking off your gloves when removing traps? Did that seem to help?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
At least I am able to have two characters to do a chest now, on TC I tried the remove trap on a 2nd account and was told this was not your chest. Yesterday on Sonoma, I took two accounts again, my tamer t hunterr with GM remove trap and my dungeon hunter with GM LPing and was able to do maps. So I am happy once again, but still feel that remove trap is and should have never been a part of the t hunters.

I like that I do not have to have mining but hate the fact that I now have to have remove trap on that character. They could have left remove trap out but still kept Cart in favor of mining to dig up the chest and then we LP it and cast TK on it, I almost screw up on the that last part when doing my maps and HAVE now REMOVE the hot keys to cast TK last target.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how many times this will need to be said, but we'll try it again;

YOU DO NOT NEED DETECT HIDDEN - THEY REMOVED THE CONNECTION BETWEEN IT AND REMOVE TRAP

for pity's sake at least take the time to READ how it works now! Treasure Maps – Ultima Online

I'm with the OP I love the changes and I'm having a great time digging maps.

For anyone needing a 'visual aid' I made a video (link here Petra Fyde ) If a 66 year old granny can manage it, where's the problem?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
At least I am able to have two characters to do a chest now, on TC I tried the remove trap on a 2nd account and was told this was not your chest. Yesterday on Sonoma, I took two accounts again, my tamer t hunterr with GM remove trap and my dungeon hunter with GM LPing and was able to do maps. So I am happy once again, but still feel that remove trap is and should have never been a part of the t hunters.

I like that I do not have to have mining but hate the fact that I now have to have remove trap on that character. They could have left remove trap out but still kept Cart in favor of mining to dig up the chest and then we LP it and cast TK on it, I almost screw up on the that last part when doing my maps and HAVE now REMOVE the hot keys to cast TK last target.
Allowing others to have RT would be quite the pleasant surprise! Most of the critics of adding RT for chests say they don't like it because "T-hunters are already on bloated templates" (they disregard that you don't actually need RT at all to still remove a trap on a T-Chest). If this is the case then any single person could use RT in the group to remove the trap while leaving the T-Hunter 100 skill points for whatever (technically 200 since mining was removed from T Hunting).

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So... it appears ALL of my maps that were in a davies in deed form are now bugged. Anyone else having this issue? I had a lot of t6 maps... :/

upload_2019-6-19_13-19-14.png

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This definitely requires more checking, but it appears that remove trap gains from disarming treasure chests may hit a wall at 97.1. (See my post above, #11.)

Has anyone else run into this yet?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This definitely requires more checking, but it appears that remove trap gains from disarming treasure chests may hit a wall at 97.1. (See my post above, #11.)

Has anyone else run into this yet?
You had a week jumpstart on using RT on chests!! I'm only at 50 (just from last night). :sad2: I'm sure you will be GM by the time I'm in the 90's

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You had a week jumpstart on using RT on chests!! I'm only at 50 (just from last night). :sad2: I'm sure you will be GM by the time I'm in the 90's
No....the gains I'm showing are on Sonoma. I started training that character with tinker-trapped boxes on June 3rd. I trained my treasure hunter on Origin to GM before the publish went live on Origin. I still have to train RT on my treasure hunters on Lake Austin, Atlantic, Great Lakes, Balhae, and Arirang. I think they'll train it by digging up chests, hopefully lots of assassin chests that drop some RT SoTs.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No....the gains I'm showing are on Sonoma. I started training that character with tinker-trapped boxes on June 3rd. I trained my treasure hunter on Origin to GM before the publish went live on Origin. I still have to train RT on my treasure hunters on Lake Austin, Atlantic, Great Lakes, Balhae, and Arirang. I think they'll train it by digging up chests, hopefully lots of assassin chests that drop some RT SoTs.
Well you certainly have a lot of trainin to do then! lol. Awesome you trained it before the release though on Origin! I'm satisfied with the gains on treasure chests so far... doesn't feel nearly as "grindy" as pre-pub

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Allowing others to have RT would be quite the pleasant surprise! Most of the critics of adding RT for chests say they don't like it because "T-hunters are already on bloated templates" (they disregard that you don't actually need RT at all to still remove a trap on a T-Chest). If this is the case then any single person could use RT in the group to remove the trap while leaving the T-Hunter 100 skill points for whatever (technically 200 since mining was removed from T Hunting).
NO you can't because who ever digs it even if you are in a party according to reports on TC it's "their" chest and no one else can do anything with it... so it's not a party affair... the person who digs it up has to be the one to both unlock it and remove the trap... no one else can do that.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. I will admit, I was very hesitant to see what the patch brought, but I have to say... The loot is great and the remove trap isn't as bad as it was originally intended. Overall, I give it an A rating. It gives us another avenue to get some pretty good gear.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All your previous maps have to be re-decoded, and there's a bug where maps won't redecode on the first few tries.

Instead, you set them aside, decode a few more and they'll usually decode a minute later BUT ONLY IF YOU DECODED OTHER MAPS SUCCESSFULLY SINCE.

It's annoying as hell, but it's an OLD bug - it happened before every time I had a map reset in storage.

BTW, if you want to limit yourself to JUST level 1-3 (old level 1-5) maps, they can be done with...

GM Magery
GM Cartography
GM Remove Trap
420 points of other skills (Eval, etc.)

No Lockpicking needed. You only need lockpicking if you aren't a mage or are doing the two highest map types (the old 6s-7s). This is easier than before where Unlock stopped at level 2 or level 3.

Abbarosh

Seasoned Veteran
Agreed. I will admit, I was very hesitant to see what the patch brought, but I have to say... The loot is great and the remove trap isn't as bad as it was originally intended. Overall, I give it an A rating. It gives us another avenue to get some pretty good gear.
U are definitgely looking at different loot than me then mate , hardly any jewels , let alone anything i would consider using on a character , the amount of cursed loot is absolutely ridiculous and the brittle weapons. Compared to the old maps loot , it is a loot nerf , Oh and i do 30 maps per day lvl 4 or old lvl 6's

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know how many times this will need to be said, but we'll try it again;

YOU DO NOT NEED DETECT HIDDEN - THEY REMOVED THE CONNECTION BETWEEN IT AND REMOVE TRAP
Just how things are when they change stuff 5 times every week without any sense. It's highly delusional to expect people just playing the game to read those wall of texts on the wiki.

They should have a page in the wiki clearly showing the changes.

Does luck still factor when starting to dig?
I heard carto factors into quality now?
When is carto factored in? Also when starting to dig?
When are items destroyed?
Etc. pp.

Just a confusing mess, but it's not a suprise.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
U are definitgely looking at different loot than me then mate , hardly any jewels , let alone anything i would consider using on a character , the amount of cursed loot is absolutely ridiculous and the brittle weapons. Compared to the old maps loot , it is a loot nerf , Oh and i do 30 maps per day lvl 4 or old lvl 6's
That's the whole story of this revamp: people who just started doing maps telling you it's fine cause there is a new sword graphic.

There are some neat points in it too, but those could have been added with less effort and time and in a less confusing way.

Abbarosh

Seasoned Veteran
That's the whole story of this revamp: people who just started doing maps telling you it's fine cause there is a new sword graphic.

There are some neat points in it too, but those could have been added with less effort and time and in a less confusing way.
LOL yeah I have been tmapping years and have been making good gold for reasonable gear from it , now i have done about 80 maps so far and not seen one jewels worth anything and the mage chests is full 80% at least with staffs the rangers chest 80% bows and the warriors chest seriously just get rid of it its useless

And dont get me started on the ridiculous amount of cursed antique and brittle weapons and armour etc etc

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just how things are when they change stuff 5 times every week without any sense. It's highly delusional to expect people just playing the game to read those wall of texts on the wiki.

They should have a page in the wiki clearly showing the changes.

Does luck still factor when starting to dig?
I heard carto factors into quality now?
When is carto factored in? Also when starting to dig?
When are items destroyed?
Etc. pp.

Just a confusing mess, but it's not a suprise.
Cartography and the luck of the t-hunter are counted when the chest is dug up. No items are destroyed if you fail lockpicking. Sometimes a grubber takes something when there's a lockpicking failure. If you fail to disarm the trap, nothing is destroyed in the chest.

Abbarosh

Seasoned Veteran
wouldnt matetr anyway tina havent seen anything worth keep yet , been getting better stuff in normal lvl 3 gold chest than i have in gold lvl 5 chests

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And dont get me started on the ridiculous amount of cursed antique and brittle weapons and armour etc etc
I think the negative properties are just a fact of life anymore because the dev team wants to make sure stuff eventually wears out and you have a reason to keep looking for stuff.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wouldnt matetr anyway tina havent seen anything worth keep yet , been getting better stuff in normal lvl 3 gold chest than i have in gold lvl 5 chests
Kyronix did say at one point that the cache chests have the same quality of loot as the hoard and trove chests, just a smaller quantity and fewer/easier monsters. Also, if you're looking for recipes, you're better off doing artisan cache chests than doing the artisan hoard or trove chests, since they have no chance for a recipe drop.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LOL yeah I have been tmapping years and have been making good gold for reasonable gear from it , now i have done about 80 maps so far and not seen one jewels worth anything and the mage chests is full 80% at least with staffs the rangers chest 80% bows and the warriors chest seriously just get rid of it its useless

I have also been Tmapping for years with around the maximum possible in game luck. I'd say I have pulled one MAYBE two pieces in all those years that were good from level 6 & 7 chests (done thousands). It certainly wasn't anywhere near a money maker like doing a few roof runs. I'm not sure where you were doing your maps @Abbarosh but the cursed/brittle/antique stuff is nothing new. It's almost a given that anything decent coming from a chest had a brittle tag on it before the release and it appears to be the same now (there is just less items to sort through). The one thing that I will agree with you on is that there does seem to be too many crappy "profession type" items in chests like having 4+ gnarled/quarter staves in a mage chest but I never really liked the idea of "profession type" chests because this ultimately limits drops to certain chests which eventually make certain types of maps more valuable than others (even at the same level).

@petemage - Maybe it was a Kansas City shuffle done by the DEVs of making the changes so terrible at first and eventually scaling it to something we wanted that made us appreciate what we got versus what could have been. There were some solid wins by the players; you still don't need RT and now you don't need mining. Additionally you no longer need the other skills to use RT and people can still solo the highest level maps. Lastly there are some new graphics for those that are into that. All that said, you have to admit that this release has made people that never had a treasure hunter create one, veteran hunters are still going out there and digging up chests and when the newness fades they will likely still do chests, and all those people that said they were turning off their subscriptions if RT was needed to open chests are still paying (and still whining on here :)).

At the end of the day I don't like everything about changes but I like to give credit where credit due and, at least for me, the release has given me some joy and eagerness to play UO if just to gain a new skill ACTIVELY while getting some new pixels.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@petemage - Maybe it was a Kansas City shuffle done by the DEVs of making the changes so terrible at first and eventually scaling it to something we wanted that made us appreciate what we got versus what could have been. There were some solid wins by the players; you still don't need RT and now you don't need mining. Additionally you no longer need the other skills to use RT and people can still solo the highest level maps. Lastly there are some new graphics for those that are into that. All that said, you have to admit that this release has made people that never had a treasure hunter create one, veteran hunters are still going out there and digging up chests and when the newness fades they will likely still do chests, and all those people that said they were turning off their subscriptions if RT was needed to open chests are still paying (and still whining on here [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:)[/bcolor]).
Well, I guess we disagree then. Mining was never needed. People could solo highest level chests before, no improvement just wasted time. New graphics will be old in 2 weeks. Many veterans are not happy and personally I'm just spending less and less time on UO.

But yea, maybe it's just me and everything is in perfect shape :cool:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have also been Tmapping for years with around the maximum possible in game luck. I'd say I have pulled one MAYBE two pieces in all those years that were good from level 6 & 7 chests (done thousands). It certainly wasn't anywhere near a money maker like doing a few roof runs. I'm not sure where you were doing your maps @Abbarosh but the cursed/brittle/antique stuff is nothing new. It's almost a given that anything decent coming from a chest had a brittle tag on it before the release and it appears to be the same now (there is just less items to sort through). The one thing that I will agree with you on is that there does seem to be too many crappy "profession type" items in chests like having 4+ gnarled/quarter staves in a mage chest but I never really liked the idea of "profession type" chests because this ultimately limits drops to certain chests which eventually make certain types of maps more valuable than others (even at the same level).

@petemage - Maybe it was a Kansas City shuffle done by the DEVs of making the changes so terrible at first and eventually scaling it to something we wanted that made us appreciate what we got versus what could have been. There were some solid wins by the players; you still don't need RT and now you don't need mining. Additionally you no longer need the other skills to use RT and people can still solo the highest level maps. Lastly there are some new graphics for those that are into that. All that said, you have to admit that this release has made people that never had a treasure hunter create one, veteran hunters are still going out there and digging up chests and when the newness fades they will likely still do chests, and all those people that said they were turning off their subscriptions if RT was needed to open chests are still paying (and still whining on here :)).

At the end of the day I don't like everything about changes but I like to give credit where credit due and, at least for me, the release has given me some joy and eagerness to play UO if just to gain a new skill ACTIVELY while getting some new pixels.
I agree 100%.

Some of the pros of this publish, at least in my opinion and in no particular order:
  • I like the possibility of getting ML ingredients.
  • I like the increased gold amounts and the gems and love that they are in their own bag and that it's easy to pull off a 20k pile of gold if it gets too heavy.
  • I like that reagents come in their own bag and that they are not in every chest.
  • At first I was concerned about things like skeleton keys and pet treats having limited availability, but now I've seen several chests with two of them in the chest. Same goes for maps--some chests have had two of them.
  • I love being able to get SoAs and SoTs. I noticed the publish notes say SoTs are only in Stash, Hoard and Trove maps. Is that a typo?
  • I haven't done any Fel cache or higher chests to get power scrolls, but I like that as a possibility.
  • I like the artwork for the new skull tile. The ancient weapons are nice and it's good to give the sword displays a use. I wish the hourglass was interactive in some way.
  • I like seeing some of the new stuff that spawns in chests, like circlets, glasses, and dragon scale armor.
  • I don't use refinement components, but hey it's more stuff for cleanup points and they are nicely contained and only spawn in artisan stash chests.
  • The leather, ingots, and boards are a nice addition and at quantities of 50 (artisan stash chests) or 100 (artisan supply chests), they aren't usually too heavy to loot and if they are, it's no biggie to leave them behind. They are usually of the highest quality, unless a chest is rusty.
  • Even though I haven't found much in the way of useful randomly generated equipment, oh boy have I unravelled for a lot of relic fragments even with the less than ideal amount of luck on my t-hunter's suit.
  • It was nice to remove mining as a skill. However, I still seem to spend a lot of time looking for chests. Maybe better glasses will help me find them more quickly. (Just got a pair of +1 last night.)
  • I like being able to pick and disarm a chest while hidden. I haven't really tested it too much, but I think you can loot while hidden too, but maybe are revealed when something spawns. And it seems like you can loot, if nothing is blocking the way, while killing something. (Needs more testing to verify.)
  • If I go after dungeon chests, yippee don't really need detect hidden skill anymore and now that I've trained up remove trap, disarming them is quick.
  • I'm intrigued by the mysterious fragments and hope they will turn out to be used for something fun/useful.
  • Some maps seem to take more tries to decode. This is good news for my cartographers who aren't finished training the skill.
  • By stuffing so many different things in Supply-level chests, there is a good incentive for people to try having a treasure hunter now and then hopefully keep on going with training one to try Cache chests for deco items and power scrolls, if they go to Fel.
Some of the cons of this publish, at least in my opinion and in no particular order:
  • I haven't been crazy about training up remove trap (I'd never get the higher level chests done without it because I struggle with some of the mobs on them). However, I've been pretty pleasantly surprised at getting actual gains from disarming treasure chests. I will be annoyed if there is a big wall getting those gains at the very end, however. But most of the stash and supply chests so far with RT above 95 have had no guardians and the cache ones have mostly only had one guardian. I think the hoard and trove chests will always have guardians, even with GM remove trap.
  • I also don't like that recipes drop in so few chests, but I have seen two of them drop in one chest, something I never saw before.
  • I don't like that imbuing ingredients will be so severely limited in availability. I think this will become a big problem on Siege and Mugen.
  • Maybe at some point I'll be unhappy MIBs no longer spawn in treasure chests, but if they drop more on serpents maybe it isn't a problem.
  • The map drop rate seems to have been greatly diminished as part of this publish. I hope that is not intentional and will be fixed.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, I guess we disagree then. Mining was never needed. People could solo highest level chests before, no improvement just wasted time. New graphics will be old in 2 weeks. Many veterans are not happy and personally I'm just spending less and less time on UO.

But yea, maybe it's just me and everything is in perfect shape :cool:
Mining was never needed just like RT isn't needed so you can roll with your hunter exactly as you did prior to the release then it sounds like. I don't think UO is in any worse shape then it was before the release.

Since it appears you speak for all the veterans (myself included), please outline what you think needs to be done to make veterans happy and make people spend more time in the game. Simply complaining and saying "that doesn't work" isn't much help without some type of proposed solution. Put yourself out there and let's see what you come up with :D

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since it appears you speak for all the veterans (myself included) ...
Many veterans are not happy ...
*cough*

Apart from that my opinion still is that no change was needed at all and the changes they made are mostly just making things different but not really better. T-Hunting was enjoyable before the revamp and the attempt to make useless skills useful again.

Instead of revamping any unpopular and unsused system they went for one of the most popular.

Last edited:

Abbarosh

Seasoned Veteran

Ok i agree on the brittle is not new, I have sold loads of decent items from the old system including a pair of gloves which sold for 510m , I do 30 maps per day minimum and wear max luck aswell , the loot is worse now than before , i did 660 maps last month whilst also tessting for this release, the brittle cursed antique etc etc has never been an issue until they reduced the amount of items in a chest by 66%. yes higher intensity items YAY, but higher chance for brittle cursed antique etc etc , because i am sure they havent compensated the RNG for the lack of items compared to old system , on average i was getting on sellable piece per 10-20 lvl 6 maps old system , obviously some of the good things are new look items and new deco for people who are into that stuff , personally i am not impressed with the lvl 5 chests , but this is just my opinion, and as yourself i have completed thousands of maps aswell, obviously with more luck on drops

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Abbarosh - I can believe you may have had better luck with drops as I think my RNG is probably stuck on "low" lol. I can see your point that the loot wouldn't technically be worse from a quality standpoint but because you have less items in the chest that you would need more chests to accumulate items to play the odds and ultimately that's why you say it's worse. Also I personally don't believe that the actual loot (legendaries) is head & shoulders above the older loot as I'd expect it to be with "loot improvement". That said, I'm getting way more legendary items (that would have been in old chests) now than before... I just never really got a game changing item like you did from doing chests so in my view the loot has been "upgraded" based on more legendary items. In addition to that, there are all the pro's that @Tina Small listed out that I'd agree with in the release.

Sure they overthought a "simple loot upgrade" but when don't they? Overall I think they did a good job all things considered. I just don't like the jaded people acting like this release had no positives and has ruined the game... then again just like the DEVs overthinking requests, those same people, as usual, are over reacting to something that isn't a God-Mode type benefit for them...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My only concern so far is that I am yet to see a single bag with reagents or supply items. Or a single skeleton chest.
I had done well over 3 dozen chests of variable levels and types in all facets and my experience so far is getting worthless magic items, blues, pinks, whites and a bag with gems and gold.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My only concern so far is that I am yet to see a single bag with reagents or supply items. Or a single skeleton chest.
I had done well over 3 dozen chests of variable levels and types in all facets and my experience so far is getting worthless magic items, blues, pinks, whites and a bag with gems and gold.
Reagents are in Artisan Stash chests. You'll get 60 of each magery reagent in all facets, except for Malas and Ter Mur. In Ter Mur you get 60 each of the mysticism reagents and in Malas you get 60 each of the necro reagents.

The skeleton keys are a utility item that sometimes spawns in Assassin Supply chests, either the 10 use one or the master skeleton key.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Reagents are in Artisan Stash chests. You'll get 60 of each magery reagent in all facets, except for Malas and Ter Mur. In Ter Mur you get 60 each of the mysticism reagents and in Malas you get 60 each of the necro reagents.

The skeleton keys are a utility item that sometimes spawns in Assassin Supply chests, either the 10 use one or the master skeleton key.
@Tina Small - I thought the reagents come in Mage Stash chests only?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Done several of stash, cache and hoard of those, never saw a single pile of reagents.
I will do one now and take a picture of the look even.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
upload_2019-6-20_15-41-12.png upload_2019-6-20_15-49-17.png upload_2019-6-20_15-57-11.png
1660 luck, 100 carto, fel facet.
Pretty much all my t-hunting experience today looks like this. Items, the gem bag, maybe pinks, blues and power scrolls.
Sometimes a skull tile shows up.

Edit: 3 artisan ones in a row, same thing.
Edit 2: Got my very first bag of reagents from a mage stash in malas.

Last edited: