• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New T-Hunting, let's talk loot (The Origin Experience)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
try a couple chests with 5-6 people in the party to see if that effects the loot any.
I tried having additional people in my party (3 people total from the accounts I have) on TC while doing chests and I didn't notice any additional items nor a consistent improvement to the loot.

Has anyone else tried to do some chests consistently with 6+ people and noticed a significant improvement in number of items and/or quality?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is this sarcasm, and what exactly are you saying? Can you be a little bit more specific? What is the point you are trying to make?
Why? You wanna fight? You wanna go? You feeling froggy?

:Begging:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok i went and re-read the publish notes and i dont see anything about more people in the party betters or increases the amount of loot.

but i thought i read that somewhere........

anyone else remember hearing that?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
new loot spoiler

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ok i went and re-read the publish notes and i dont see anything about more people in the party betters or increases the amount of loot.

Yes I remember that being said too and possibly was an idea when the publish was on TC but I'm not sure if it was actually followed through with. I did a good amount of testing on TC for the treasure chests with party members (3 people in the party) and without but I didn't notice any consistent difference in the loot. So I'm not sure if it fell by the wayside while they were ironing out other game mechanics or not. It is quite possible that it's actually in though and the DEVs will say "everything is working as intended" for that and it will be exactly like in-game luck items (does higher luck total actually give better / more loot OR is it just favorable RNG?? :confused:). I could also see them scrapping it though since it could be hard to balance out with EJ accounts; people could just log in like 7 newb accounts to party and just get an auto bump in loot.

All that said, you aren't crazy! I do remember seeing that "more people in party impacts loot" blurb initially as well but I haven't seen anything else about it since then (and I've asked in several posts).

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It is in the publish notes: "The quantity of items available is based on the level of chest, there is a chance for additional items based on party size."
party size in publish notes.jpg

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is in the publish notes: "The quantity of items available is based on the level of chest, there is a chance for additional items based on party size."
View attachment 99012
Ahh yes. Good catch @Tina Small. Thanks for the exact wording too (I thought it was quality too but thanks for confirming it's just quantity). I think the key to that sentence is "chance" because out all the chests I dug up in a party I didn't see any spike in item quantity so I assumed it hadn't been put in place but the "chances" (aka RNG) probably just weren't in my favor.

Anyone consistently digging up chests with noticeably more items in them while in a larger party? I'm wondering if it's worth recruiting people to go on the hunt (and/or bringing spare accounts) if the chance more likely that you won't get anything extra.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh yes. Good catch @Tina Small. Thanks for the exact wording too (I thought it was quality too but thanks for confirming it's just quantity). I think the key to that sentence is "chance" because out all the chests I dug up in a party I didn't see any spike in item quantity so I assumed it hadn't been put in place but the "chances" (aka RNG) probably just weren't in my favor.

Anyone consistently digging up chests with noticeably more items in them while in a larger party? I'm wondering if it's worth recruiting people to go on the hunt (and/or bringing spare accounts) if the chance more likely that you won't get anything extra.
At one point in the testing, it seemed like you sometimes got two more pieces per party member on cache-level chests. I kind of stopped paying attention to that detail as things changed and never got to solo a hoard or trove chest versus doing it with another character to see what the difference was.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For those that might be interested, I've done 104 chests on Baja to get to 88.8 Remove Trap skill (I started at 0.0) Still gain around .2-.3 per chest on Supply+, Stash chests sometimes only get .1 gain. Of those 104, i've only gotten two rusty chests, both Cache.

Edit: two more hoard maps done, 89.4 Remove Trap.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For those that might be interested, I've done 104 chests on Baja to get to 88.8 Remove Trap skill (I started at 0.0) Still gain around .2-.3 per chest on Supply+, Stash chests sometimes only get .1 gain. Of those 104, i've only gotten two rusty chests, both Cache.

Great data, thanks for sharing!

North_LS

Journeyman

thats awesome that you can get solid gains by actually playing the game. beats the skill gain grind, thats for sure.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
thats awesome that you can get solid gains by actually playing the game. beats the skill gain grind, thats for sure.
Yea it's refreshing to have that for sure. It also sounds like paying almost 100k for those RT Training puzzles can likely be saved too since it looks like the painstaking grind was removed from removed trap. :banana: