• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is something missing off Deep Sea Serps??

Tamergirl

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been fishing for MIB's on deep sea serps. Yield : 0 All I've been getting is Tmaps. Has something changed here? OR is there something else now that gives the MIB's?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been fishing for MIB's on deep sea serps. Yield : 0 All I've been getting is Tmaps. Has something changed here? OR is there something else now that gives the MIB's?
I can't remember the last time I farmed MIBS by fishing them up but I do remember there was a message about fishing the mib up just before the serpent appeared otherwise a sea serpent (nor deep sea serpent) ever gave me a mib. If you are not aware using salvage hooks and killing the krakens that carry mibs is much faster.

Firedutch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't remember the last time I farmed MIBS by fishing them up but I do remember there was a message about fishing the mib up just before the serpent appeared otherwise a sea serpent (nor deep sea serpent) ever gave me a mib. If you are not aware using salvage hooks and killing the krakens that carry mibs is much faster.
how else to you get MIBS without fishing em up? Go out and hunt the serpents?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Salvage hooks pull up Krakens. Krakens carry mibs. Each hook costs 1900 from the npc. I usually get 1 mib for every 5 hooks I toss. So thats 9500 or so cost per mib.

Firedutch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Salvage hooks pull up Krakens. Krakens carry mibs. Each hook costs 1900 from the npc. I usually get 1 mib for every 5 hooks I toss. So thats 9500 or so cost per mib.
Interesting....less boring than fishing and more time efficient so I guess that would make up for the cost per mib.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting....less boring than fishing and more time efficient so I guess that would make up for the cost per mib.
That and if you actually fish up the MIB the minimum gold is 10k. Not to mention the occassional ancient MIBS.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will occasionally get MIBs from aquariums. They used to also show up sometimes in treasure chests, but won't after Publish 105 is released worldwide.
no more sos as treasure chest loot.jpg

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You will occasionally get MIBs from aquariums. They used to also show up sometimes in treasure chests, but won't after Publish 105 is released worldwide.
View attachment 99013
@Tina Small - Looking at the first part of that screenshot from the forums, did Kyronix ever confirm if luck suits (in game luck) will impact the chest type (in addition to Carto skill)?

Speaking of Carto skills and luck amount (assuming it does) determining the chest type (rusty/metal/gold); I posed the question in round 2 on test of how Carto skill would impact a chest versus luck since Carto glasses won't have 190 luck like a luck suit head piece. I might have overlooked it on the forum but was that ever answered?

I did test this extensively in round 2 (when all loot sucked regardless of chests) and a little bit in the last round (just tried using carto glasses) but didn't find anything conclusive. I think I dug up a total of 3 gold chests out of 60+ chests for all my testing. The 2 gold chest I dug up in round 2 were when I was wearing my over capped luck suit and the gold chest I dug up the last round of testing was also with the luck suit. I dug up more with my luck headgear on (since it has LRC to give me 100% LRC & doesn't require me to swap out to cast) but I dug up probably 15-20 chests with carto glasses & carto tali that were all metal.

For what it's worth; after round 1 of testing (where I dug up several rusty chests using the same layout) I did not dig up a single rusty chest in round 2 or 3 of TC... but like 95% of the chests I dug up were metal. It also seemed like +carto (over 100) didn't really do anything noticeable for what I dug up. I'm not sure if this was a talking point since it seemed like chest loot quality & chest puzzle requirements were the main sticking points of many of the discussions while everything else was kind of skimmed over.

A few questions I think I'd have:
  • Does over 100 Carto skill still determine chest type (rusty/metal/gold)?
  • Does a + Carto percentage talisman do anything now? I remember in round 1 of testing we used talisman but then at one point Kyronix said not to use them when testing.
  • Assuming I have 100 Carto - what will give better chance at a gold chest, luck or carto skill (over 100)? +190 luck headgear or +5 carto glasses? Similarly will a lucky charm talisman +150 luck be better than a +20% Carto talisman?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
can I just say....... that stinks
I disagree... I have tons of MIBs from doing chests over the years that are taking up space in my davies locker because as a treasure hunter I don't want to do MIBs. As mentioned by others, if the goal is to obtain MIBs specifically then people can use salvage hooks as it is much more efficient than digging up a bunch of chests. I'd much rather get another t-map (hopefully the next level up) in a chest.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tina Small - Looking at the first part of that screenshot from the forums, did Kyronix ever confirm if luck suits (in game luck) will impact the chest type (in addition to Carto skill)?

Speaking of Carto skills and luck amount (assuming it does) determining the chest type (rusty/metal/gold); I posed the question in round 2 on test of how Carto skill would impact a chest versus luck since Carto glasses won't have 190 luck like a luck suit head piece. I might have overlooked it on the forum but was that ever answered?

I did test this extensively in round 2 (when all loot sucked regardless of chests) and a little bit in the last round (just tried using carto glasses) but didn't find anything conclusive. I think I dug up a total of 3 gold chests out of 60+ chests for all my testing. The 2 gold chest I dug up in round 2 were when I was wearing my over capped luck suit and the gold chest I dug up the last round of testing was also with the luck suit. I dug up more with my luck headgear on (since it has LRC to give me 100% LRC & doesn't require me to swap out to cast) but I dug up probably 15-20 chests with carto glasses & carto tali that were all metal.

For what it's worth; after round 1 of testing (where I dug up several rusty chests using the same layout) I did not dig up a single rusty chest in round 2 or 3 of TC... but like 95% of the chests I dug up were metal. It also seemed like +carto (over 100) didn't really do anything noticeable for what I dug up. I'm not sure if this was a talking point since it seemed like chest loot quality & chest puzzle requirements were the main sticking points of many of the discussions while everything else was kind of skimmed over.

A few questions I think I'd have:
  • Does over 100 Carto skill still determine chest type (rusty/metal/gold)?
  • Does a + Carto percentage talisman do anything now? I remember in round 1 of testing we used talisman but then at one point Kyronix said not to use them when testing.
  • Assuming I have 100 Carto - what will give better chance at a gold chest, luck or carto skill (over 100)? +190 luck headgear or +5 carto glasses? Similarly will a lucky charm talisman +150 luck be better than a +20% Carto talisman?
Below is the closest I've seen to an answer to your questions. Best I can do for a link is this, which should get you close to finding it and popps post that Faeryl replied to: New Tmap proposals - Page 5

luck effect on treasure chest loot.jpg

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Below is the closest I've seen to an answer to your questions. Best I can do for a link is this, which should get you close to finding it and popps post that Faeryl replied to: New Tmap proposals - Page 5

View attachment 99032
Ah perfect @Tina Small thank you. Looks like Kyronix earlier post from April 19 was talking about Luck would also factor into the type of chest (rusty/metal/gold) but looks like his later May 19 post paints the picture that Carto will impact the type while luck would not impact type of chest but rather only the items IN the chest.

Have you been using a +Carto % talisman or are you rolling with some other talisman? I'm wondering if they will do anything since technically they don't actually add any Carto skill points...

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Ah perfect @Tina Small thank you. Looks like Kyronix earlier post from April 19 was talking about Luck would also factor into the type of chest (rusty/metal/gold) but looks like his later May 19 post paints the picture that Carto will impact the type while luck would not impact type of chest but rather only the items IN the chest.

Have you been using a +Carto % talisman or are you rolling with some other talisman? I'm wondering if they will do anything since technically they don't actually add any Carto skill points...
it was stated that the cartography talisman is only beneficial to training up the skill...
the cartography glasses is what we really need

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I disagree... I have tons of MIBs from doing chests over the years that are taking up space in my davies locker because as a treasure hunter I don't want to do MIBs.
I know someone that could store those for you since they're taking up your valuable space. *wink wink* Hehe

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it was stated that the cartography talisman is only beneficial to training up the skill...
the cartography glasses is what we really need
Good to know!

I know someone that could store those for you since they're taking up your valuable space. *wink wink* Hehe
It sounds like the MIBs were also revamped a bit so I ight actually have a use for them now!! :D

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where do you get the cartography glasses? Please Disregard, I just found the answer in the Publish notes!

Last edited:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not getting any MIBs either - something must be wrong