• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ortanords ...Is it even possible to kill them?

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay while out killing void creatures to collect imbuing ingredients we encountered one of this small virtually indestructible little boogers. Jirel wailed on it with her sword and paladin skills...nothing got a message you attack does not affect it or some such. I tried with my super trained Cu and magery..still nothing. Didn't even tickle it. So can you actually kill these things? If so how?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've used a Skree to kill them in the past just to see what loot they had. I think I got one Void Orb while killing a couple dozen of them. They have 90 resist all across the board, so it takes a while. I saw no reason to bother with them after my curiosity was quenched.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Okay while out killing void creatures to collect imbuing ingredients we encountered one of this small virtually indestructible little boogers. Jirel wailed on it with her sword and paladin skills...nothing got a message you attack does not affect it or some such. I tried with my super trained Cu and magery..still nothing. Didn't even tickle it. So can you actually kill these things? If so how?
As @Maldar said, they have like 90's of every resist so it takes a while to kill them. You could always disco them to bring down the resists. Then to add to it you could get that paladin (assuming the have swords mastery) and use onslaught to further lower their resist (of whatever the weapon type is). Lastly you could bring a necromancer and use corpse skin to further lower their fire resist. Going this route would make them easier to kill (disco + necro corpse skin + paladin with fire weapon using onslaught & double strike) but that said I'd also agree with Maldar here that the few I killed weren't even worth the hassle.

North_LS

Journeyman
i killed one a while back, but now i just get a message that my attack did not affect it. guessing its no longer possible.

i often use weapons with hit area, so they end up aggroed on me. on the plus side, their attacks dont seem to do damage anymore either.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I killed one once. The loot did not make it worth the time and effort.