• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug: Bleak please fix, disappearing pirate ship crew

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Baja, June 15 2019 afternoon
Okay, three times this has happened.
I am a tamer with a teleporting pet skree.
I engage the pirate ship... and then the living remaining orc crew and the dread pirate disappear. Gone, vanished.
Please figure out how/why you introduced this bug, then fix it, and go forth to not introduce bugs in the future.
@Bleak

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you near a server line by chance? I have them poof away sometimes. Try going off screen aways and coming back, sometimes they will reappear.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not near a server line.
The pirate ship is still there. It's the crew and dread pirate that disappear.
...and if it's not scuttled, then it will still maneuver without its crew.
This is a bug.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ah yeah, I am sure that has been turned in on the bug section, but if not, that's a good place to put it. If you scuttle one like that, can you board it still and loot? I would guess you were after the pirate itself though.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak still broken. I am finding lots of ships, both pirate and merchant, with no crews at all.
I found a pirate ship with a dread pirate and crew aboard, killed the crew, started firing on the ship, got the ship down to 65% health, and then the dread pirate disappeared.
That's a waste of a bunch of the resources needed to fire the cannon, therefore I am not happy*. I need the dread pirate to complete the quest.
Please fix.

*salt and pepper with as many pancakes and omelets as you see fit

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's a waste of a bunch of the resources needed to fire the cannon, therefore I am not happy
If you scuttle the ship then you could still recoup the resources used to fire the cannon. Won't do anything about the dread pirate issue but won't be as big of a waste.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would someone please cross-post this in the Official Forums if someone hasn't already?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Would someone please cross-post this in the Official Forums if someone hasn't already?
Seems like you have been having the most issues with it and it really grinds your gears so not sure why you wouldn't be the person that cross-posts it?? :confused:

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Laura you are, you just havent logged in and picked a username.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Baja, June 15 2019 afternoon
Okay, three times this has happened.
I am a tamer with a teleporting pet skree.
I engage the pirate ship... and then the living remaining orc crew and the dread pirate disappear. Gone, vanished.
Please figure out how/why you introduced this bug, then fix it, and go forth to not introduce bugs in the future.
@Bleak
He Replied:

Kyronix Posts: 498Dev
12:40PM Flag
Anyone who encounters this issue needs to submit a bug report ([email protected] or [email protected]) with as much detail as possible about which shard this occurred on, when, and what your facet and XYZ coordinates were. We need as much detail to start investigating.

@Uriah Heep told him about you so he wants a special email from you.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bug: Bleak please fix, disappearing pirate ship crew

Laura Gold
Wed 6/19/2019 4:37 PM
[email protected]

Baja, June 15 2019 afternoon, also seen on June 16, 17, 18.

I am a tamer with a Magery Mastery teleporting pet.
A variant: I kill the crew, scuttle and board, and then the dread pirate disappears.

I am finding lots of ships, both pirate and merchant, with no crews at all. Oddly, the crewless ships maneuver, or continue to maneuver, without their crews.

I cannot complete a "catch a dread pirate quest" because of this.
Kyronix: Baja, every day from Sat through Tues (have not tested today Wed), seeing this in Tokuno East of Zento and the other server south of Zento, every pirate ship there is.

Response:
Your Ultima Online In-Game Support Ticket#: 9216210

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He Replied:

Kyronix Posts: 498Dev
12:40PM Flag
Anyone who encounters this issue needs to submit a bug report ([email protected] or [email protected]) with as much detail as possible about which shard this occurred on, when, and what your facet and XYZ coordinates were. We need as much detail to start investigating.

@Uriah Heep told him about you so he wants a special email from you.

Actually it was my wife and a few of her fellow sailors on Atlantic having these issues. A LOT. This is not random when it happens over and over and over. And for Kyronix, he doesn't need all that info, he needs to just get his ass ingame, go to tokuno, and try to capture a pirate. he will be lucky to get one that doesn't poof, it's not hard to duplicate-she has it happening over 50% now.