• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cursed bows

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have some Dryad bows. It is far from some months that i don't use them. Now I have a bad surprise. All them are CURSED!!! Why? It is a very very bad news. I've been playing solo far from about 13 years but now is very impossible to go to kill the most monster. I have 6 accounts but i am very very tired. I don't know why I have to play with other players when i like to play solo but now it is impossible. I think that many players like me will
abandon this game. I am very disappointed. Every change is made to play in multiplayer and for those like me it is becoming impossible to play.
Probably these last 6 months, which I have already paid, will be the last. Then don't complain if Ultima Online is dying

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I have some Dryad bows. It is far from some months that i don't use them. Now I have a bad surprise. All them are CURSED!!! Why? It is a very very bad news. I've been playing solo far from about 13 years but now is very impossible to go to kill the most monster. I have 6 accounts but i am very very tired. I don't know why I have to play with other players when i like to play solo but now it is impossible. I think that many players like me will
abandon this game. I am very disappointed. Every change is made to play in multiplayer and for those like me it is becoming impossible to play.
Probably these last 6 months, which I have already paid, will be the last. Then don't complain if Ultima Online is dying
This game is not for the weak at heart. It has an evolving learning curve. It is a true sandbox, with lots of pieces and mysteries, some of which are interconnected. UO this one, is not meant to be easy. Whether you play solo or with others is your choice. This game is what you make it. It has its rules, formulas, regulations. You need to get info about the new things, and old. We all need to do so. The Devs create the new content and rules and links of the different parts of the game.
The concept that UO is dying is misinformation. We do not need to have 800,000 players online daily. Also we are not interested in having 800,000 players, the ones we have are fine. People come and go. It is their choice, and have many different reasons to do so. We are happy here with what we have, otherwise we would be playing or doing something else. If you leave the game, it is your loss. There are people that have been playing this game for 20 years and they are still exploring new mysteries in this game. This is a massively huge game, with content meant to satisfy many different interests.
Yes there are CURSED items, but also there are many many others. If cursed items are what hurts you, then you don't have much to complain about. Specifically other than cursed items can you answer this :

What makes you unhappy? Is it equipment? Building skills? Or what? What are your goals in game and what stops you from getting there?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Ivory Norwind

If the Dryad Bow is an important Weapon to your style of gameplay (but there is many other Archery Weapons which are also very very good...) there is a Cursed version, as you mention, and also a regular, NOT cursed Version...

Check it out here The Dryad Bow - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Magic Weapons: The Dryad Bow - Item Catalogue - UO Stratics
Artifacts – Doom Gauntlet – Ultima Online

The NON Cursed Version can be found as rare loot from Doom. From my understanding, the base chance of achieving an artifact is about one in a thousand (or one in a hundred fromdark Fathers...).

The Cursed version of it, come instead from the Ophidian Invasion of 2006, the Halloween 2006 Grim Reapers and from the 2007 Magincia Invasion.

So, my understanding is, that you can have a NON Cursed Dryad Bow if it is important to you, you just need to try get it as a rare drop hunting in Doom....

North_LS

Journeyman
When Doom was a Halloween Dungeon the items were cursed.

Dryad bows were good a long time ago. You need to make your own bow.

Imbuing Calculator | Knuckleheads.dk

You can play solo with a better bow.
an archer is on my list of characters to build - guessing i'm looking to outfit my bows the same as i would my sampire weapons? or are there ranged-specific mods that are important? I'm good to go on making them, but ranged-specific info seems rather sparse on which mods are ideal.

also, to the OP: if you adapt your template and playstyle appropriately, there is no issue with soloing the majority of in-game content.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
an archer is on my list of characters to build - guessing i'm looking to outfit my bows the same as i would my sampire weapons? or are there ranged-specific mods that are important? I'm good to go on making them, but ranged-specific info seems rather sparse on which mods are ideal.
Bows are slow. Use a swing speed calculator with what you have and see what you need. Theres one in the link I gave.
Bows miss a lot so you need HCI.

Unless you make a Archer only toon you will have to cram Archery into another template. Mine are Archer/Bard and Archer/Tamer. So I need skills on my jewelry.

Archers need HCI at max and SS as much as you can get. DCI is similar to a mage. You dont have wrestling or parry so unless you have the other stuff at max then dont add DCI, it will do very little.

I only use composite bows except for a Bane Bow. I only need one leech. Mana. So my bows look like this:
upload_2019-6-14_15-52-7.png
The SSI cap is 30% on imbuing so I enhance my favorite bows to get to 40%
The HLD can be switched to something else. My slayer bows have the slayer in that spot. Some like HLA. I also use Prismatic Lenses on one archer so it has more HLD so I have a 60% chance for that to trigger.

More SSI imbued means less HML. Without SSI the bow could have 50 HML. I need the SSI.

My bows need HML, HCI,DI, and SSI.

My suit gives the the stats below. My stamina can drop to 180 and I am still at 1.5 so I do not slow down on spell hits. I would need a lot more SSI or Stamina to get to 1.25 speed. So I am at my max swing speed.

upload_2019-6-14_16-9-2.png

Put together a suit that gives you the best you can get and then imbue the rest onto your Bow.

If you dont have an Imbuer, I can make you a bow with what you need Imbuing Calculator | Knuckleheads.dk
Good Luck

They should make a recipe to change the Dryad bow into something useful. But the devs do not know what a useful weapon needs.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
@Ivory Norwind

If the Dryad Bow is an important Weapon to your style of gameplay (but there is many other Archery Weapons which are also very very good...) there is a Cursed version, as you mention, and also a regular, NOT cursed Version...

Check it out here The Dryad Bow - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Magic Weapons: The Dryad Bow - Item Catalogue - UO Stratics
Artifacts – Doom Gauntlet – Ultima Online

The NON Cursed Version can be found as rare loot from Doom. From my understanding, the base chance of achieving an artifact is about one in a thousand (or one in a hundred fromdark Fathers...).

The Cursed version of it, come instead from the Ophidian Invasion of 2006, the Halloween 2006 Grim Reapers and from the 2007 Magincia Invasion.

So, my understanding is, that you can have a NON Cursed Dryad Bow if it is important to you, you just need to try get it as a rare drop hunting in Doom....
OMG! There is a vast amount of info for the op to catch up! What is incredible is that we are discussing believe it or not the Dryad Bow?
As others said : The Dryad Bow and most bows bestowed on as "arties" are valuable as trash points. There is only ONE bow that is 1/2 way decent, the one that is Eodon slayer property, and it is a Yumi..Otherwise you can make bows or buy bows from the "mall" or have some1 buy you one with your specs from the "mall". What stats is op looking for? Or just looking to gripe about things?

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've written because i have some dryad bows and all of theen were not cursed. I don't use them because they are not very good But i want to know WHY now they all are cursed. It's a bug?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It must be a bug if they were not cursed before, but are now. Yes.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've written because i have some dryad bows and all of theen were not cursed. I don't use them because they are not very good But i want to know WHY now they all are cursed. It's a bug?
No. You found them during the Halloween event that dropped cursed doom arties.

Why was this not the first post?