• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What! 2 more New Color's of Soulstones! JOYGASM!!!!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we asked them for stuff to buy, they are putting stuff for us to buy.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It'd be nice if it was new items with new functionality, not semi-pointless rehues of already existing ones.
Only "new" function I can think of for soulstone is to allow partial skill stoning. But the mechanics might be kinda brutal.

Handle partial stoning of a skill
..... Pass 100/120 in a skill to stone for another character to use (that has not used a scroll)

Handle retrieval of a skill ... allow to stack on any already or replace or disallow?
..... Specify how many points to retrieve from the stone.
..... ..... Should these points overwrite any already on character?
..... ..... Should these stack onto the current points up to the cap?
..... ..... Disallow retrieval because there is a non-zero skill level?

Handle retrieving partial stoned skill points
..... Retrieve only part of stoned skill. Perhaps 120 is stoned, but only 100 is needed?

Aaaannnndddd the age-old one:
Stone cannot have any skill on it to be used? (like now)

Stone can have a skill and more of that skill can be added - up to a cap of 120?
..... 2 char with 40 and 30 in a skill can stone off for 70 total.

======
These are off the top of my pointy head so have not really had any thought put into it. <shrug>

Have fun!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Only "new" function I can think of for soulstone is to allow partial skill stoning. But the mechanics might be kinda brutal.

..... Pass 100/120 in a skill to stone for another character to use (that has not used a scroll)

Handle retrieval of a skill ... allow to stack on any already or replace or disallow?

..... Retrieve only part of stoned skill. Perhaps 120 is stoned, but only 100 is needed?

Stone can have a skill and more of that skill can be added - up to a cap of 120?

======
These are off the top of my pointy head so have not really had any thought put into it. <shrug>

Have fun!
Nice thought but then people would just make characters with 40 or 50 skill and just put it on the stone and bam 120 in 10 min... not really a good idea... I mean I like easy and all but that's a bit too easy.

Would like a stat stone though... or a character recreation stone... something that's like more than a soulstone... where you get to go in and totally chose race, gender, name and all over but all the scrolls and skills you had remain. That might be nice.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

======

Have fun!
I was thinking more along the lines of completely new items with new functionality, not color-shifted retreads.

House pets, new clothing (not MF'n robes!), more stuff like the kitchen set...just with some level of use instead of just being pixel crack. Nothing game altering, but more along the lines of storing cooking ingredients with reduced item counts or storing (not combining) the refinement boondoggle. Etc.

Stat stones (Coil Stones?) have been talked about for years. They aren't a bad idea.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I dunno, not a bad idea to let you color code your skills, if that's what turns you on

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I dunno, not a bad idea to let you color code your skills, if that's what turns you on
I was thinking more along the lines of color coding accounts. Since many of us have well several...

Though on your thoughts one could color code things like Crafting vs things like for your T-Hunter/thief skills, maybe dexer skills etc...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice thought but then people would just make characters with 40 or 50 skill and just put it on the stone and bam 120 in 10 min... not really a good idea... I mean I like easy and all but that's a bit too easy.
Not necessarily....

A few lines of code could be added to the Soulstone to have it MEMORIZE the total skill points that the character had, upon depositing on the Soulstone a partial amount of points and REFUSE to stack up partial points on templates unless that Template is going to re-unite on that same Template the exact same total points that were present upon stoning part of them on a Soulstone....

Let me make an example to make myself more clear.

Let's imagine, that Character A has 120 Magery on the Template.

Due to rearranging that character's skills, the Magery points need to be reduced to, say, 100.

So, Character A will stone 20 Points on the Soulstone. The Soulstone would now be BINDED to Character A, that is, those 20 points would NO LONGER be transferable to any other character, and it would ONLY give back to Character A those 20 points, if, and only if Character A was to have 100 points when claiming the 20 points of Magery Back from the Soulstone...

This way, 1) - partial stoning would be possible; 2) - Abusing of it would be made impossible; 3) - Players would need a LOT of Soulstones (since they would be "locked" on single characters for single skills) increasing sales for Soulstones and thus gathering of resources for UO.

It could be a win win situation for both players and UO, players would get a handy tool to readjust their characters' skills as needed and UO would get more money for its upkeep....

But, I think, these Soulstones, being needed in large numbers, should cost WAY less as what the current Soulstones cost....

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Great more soulstones...I have two, one blue and one green and I keep them in a box because they are basically big, ugly, neon tombstones....why don't they spend some time fixing stuff, instead of giving us this nonsense. :(

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Great more soulstones...I have two, one blue and one green and I keep them in a box because they are basically big, ugly, neon tombstones....why don't they spend some time fixing stuff, instead of giving us this nonsense. :(
That's an easy one... because fixing issues would take more than the 3 minutes it took to change the color hues on an existing item that simply sits in your bank/pack/house (as @Dot_Warner has said). :D

All they did was essentially use a DEV dye tub to recolor a piece of furniture. This is a zero value add for players but does help BS because some people will now have to have the new color soulstones.

North_LS

Journeyman
an item or addon that can hold and be used to access and use multiple soulstones would be more appropriate. i hate those giant eyesores. perhaps a neat looking pentagram or magical circle or something. or even some sort of neat cloning cylinder like the one zipactriotl is sealed in.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I like that they are coming out with more colors...
I have been keeping soulstones in the backpack of my other accounts,
just so I know whose account they belong...

I would like them to also add the Sunshine or poppie white color too

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe some higher instance still dictates the higher level goals for UO and that's what they do to get their checkmarks with little effort. Whether its revenue based goals (aka cash grab) or just peridiocally adding items with regards to the F2P strategy, idk.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree it's a little something for the cash shop which I'm sure they are required to provide periodically... and honestly, a nice fresh batch of colors for something many of us buy anyway is a great thing...

I mean soulstones are something that IMO never go out of style or need... we are always swapping skills about and adding skills to templates... good timing too on their part as many of us will be stoning off Mining and adding RT to our T-Hunters...

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to see Soulstones bound to the EA account that your UO accounts are connected to, this way you could swap skills between accounts on the same EA Account. However if you disconnect an account you'd lose access to that soulstone/s. Just an idea since many of of us have multiple accounts, I also see it increasing soulstone sales.

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see Soulstones bound to the EA account that your UO accounts are connected to, this way you could swap skills between accounts on the same EA Account. However if you disconnect an account you'd lose access to that soulstone/s. Just an idea since many of of us have multiple accounts, I also see it increasing soulstone sales.

I agree with this...and also, now that they are a purchase item and not a promo item, once they are activated they should not be able to be lost to idoc., if they have skills on them, they are part of the account...no different than a toon holding skills.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
just saw these pop up on the UO store.

Orange and Yellow Soulstones!!!!

Holly Bajeezus and Holly Crap Poo!! This is hard to believe..Did you "doctor" this picture? If not you may be qualified for Guinnes world record on these? Are these usable?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
NOW for some lesser shard shields!!!!!!!!!!! pops a token every 2 months to keep vets happy!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree it's a little something for the cash shop which I'm sure they are required to provide periodically... and honestly, a nice fresh batch of colors for something many of us buy anyway is a great thing...
I agree. But more improtantly, I'm grateful that there is some instance pressing Bonnie. If it was solely for her, neither EJ nor the ingame shop would have happened.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree. But more improtantly, I'm grateful that there is some instance pressing Bonnie. If it was solely for her, neither EJ nor the ingame shop would have happened.
I wouldn't be so sure about that... though of late I don't know what's up with her but she seems to have a stick wedged somewhere that needs to be removed.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sweet! I prefer seeing like a row of all the same color though. I'm a fan of the green. Glad you guys are still getting content.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Holly Bajeezus and Holly Crap Poo!! This is hard to believe..Did you "doctor" this picture? If not you may be qualified for Guinnes world record on these? Are these usable?
are they usable?!!?!?!?!
yes, the blue ones hold every skill in the game to max (either GM or 120 whatever max for that skill is)
the other colored ones are my 'slush stones' so i can take off whatever i have and put on skills from the blue stones.
i made that collection of skills years ago.

it worked out very well for me, so much so i did the same on ATL a couple years back.
its nice to be able to use one character and swap to any template you want to muck around with.

down side is you need to have a couple suits ready to go for any occasion.
melee, mage, tamer, luck, ect, ect.

its impressive to see the collection when you see it all glowing and may sound like an impossible task but keep in mind, you can train a lot of skills in 20+ years!

buy ya, OCD is a pancake.

(1, 2, 3, 4)

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I love purple, so when asked what I wanted for a holiday gift from the UO store this last year, I asked for a purple soulstone! It is my prize sculpture in my sculpture garden!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
are they usable?!!?!?!?!
yes, the blue ones hold every skill in the game to max (either GM or 120 whatever max for that skill is)
the other colored ones are my 'slush stones' so i can take off whatever i have and put on skills from the blue stones.
i made that collection of skills years ago.

it worked out very well for me, so much so i did the same on ATL a couple years back.
its nice to be able to use one character and swap to any template you want to muck around with.

down side is you need to have a couple suits ready to go for any occasion.
melee, mage, tamer, luck, ect, ect.

its impressive to see the collection when you see it all glowing and may sound like an impossible task but keep in mind, you can train a lot of skills in 20+ years!

buy ya, OCD is a pancake.

(1, 2, 3, 4)
Yep..Grats anyways! This is an awesome collection of stones!