• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Barbed Whip of Plundering...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know what the whips are good for. Ill just let you guys figure it out.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I did that within seconds of seeing one.

Asked why it needs spellchanneling. Asked why 100 luck and not 150.
Then gave suggestions on what they could do to make it useable.
Too late now. It went straight to live.

Anyone calling this weapon OP in this or blank form does not know a dambed thing about weapons.

We already have a blank one from krampus.
It wasn't a personal shot at anyone to be clear, it was just a broad "this is how we can do better, and at least do our best to get the outcome we see as best".

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Imagine if instead of needless whining you were concise in your dislike of the idea, and moved onto some possible solutions, why this isn't a good current solution etc; quick and easy.

Imagine being a developer and have to read the constant rain clouds of some grown adults paying 12 dollars a month for endless hours of entertainment. Think about it, and to the people that said "The Devs are giving us the middle finger!" your brain must have more holes than mine, because you're the cash cow, they're clearly not trying to do things that upset you. Granted nothing should really upset you, but here we are. Just provide useful feedback if you want things done, instead of complain and beat down a clearly understaffed dev team.

As far as what Kyronix and Bleak could have done better here - when you release that weapon take 5 minutes and type up a few lines on your thoughts as to how you invision that being used; it doesn't mean players will follow that use, but at least it will offer some insight into how you arrived at that, and the sheep can then provide you useful feedback on why that's good or bad.
I do give them feedback... .. as for @Kyronix and @Bleak they are fine... but we all know where final decisions come from... don't we... at any rate I still feel that it's a middle finger ... and they don't seem to care where their paycheck comes from... they will do what they want. Which right now seems to be to keep adding stuff that no one wants and break things everyone likes...

bourne

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I did that within seconds of seeing one.

Asked why it needs spellchanneling. Asked why 100 luck and not 150.
Then gave suggestions on what they could do to make it useable.
Too late now. It went straight to live.

Anyone calling this weapon OP in this or blank form does not know a dambed thing about weapons.

We already have a blank one from krampus.
Its the Bologna Whip..

Romano Arax

Visitor
Imagine if instead of needless whining you were concise in your dislike of the idea, and moved onto some possible solutions, why this isn't a good current solution etc; quick and easy.

Imagine being a developer and have to read the constant rain clouds of some grown adults paying 12 dollars a month for endless hours of entertainment. Think about it, and to the people that said "The Devs are giving us the middle finger!" your brain must have more holes than mine, because you're the cash cow, they're clearly not trying to do things that upset you. Granted nothing should really upset you, but here we are. Just provide useful feedback if you want things done, instead of complain and beat down a clearly understaffed dev team.

As far as what Kyronix and Bleak could have done better here - when you release that weapon take 5 minutes and type up a few lines on your thoughts as to how you invision that being used; it doesn't mean players will follow that use, but at least it will offer some insight into how you arrived at that, and the sheep can then provide you useful feedback on why that's good or bad.
Imagine, if the Dev's would actually try to stop by a thread and explain their thinking and plan for the things they give/change/propose so that we can understand, and if needed explain why it might not contain it's desired result... Just imagine that!

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Are you just reiterating my point 2, just in a worse way? this place feels like a room filled with sticky children

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The Plundering Whip we go, the Plundering Whip we go! Eea Eeea Yooo!
IMO I think it needs to go some places where the sun does not frequent very much..Nuff said..No bad word..no bad word..:hahaha:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flutter left us a year ago or so.
flutters still around, just doesnt post on stratics anymore.

she did a great job hosting the net toss at the rares jubilee. 45 nets, we must have gotten at least 10 scalis.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry been away on vacation and just now catching up... has anyone used the whip yet; does it do anything that would be considered "plunder"? Like will it do extra damage to people on ships or something?

I agree with everyone that the combination of mods is certainly a head scratcher... it's like a confused weapon that isn't sure if it wants to be used for a tamer or a warrior or a pvper. I really find it hard to believe that a weapon that's like a bad Doom Artifact drop is 180k doubloons and I really think the devs know that. There has to be some other use for the whips.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry been away on vacation and just now catching up... has anyone used the whip yet; does it do anything that would be considered "plunder"? Like will it do extra damage to people on ships or something?

I agree with everyone that the combination of mods is certainly a head scratcher... it's like a confused weapon that isn't sure if it wants to be used for a tamer or a warrior or a pvper. I really find it hard to believe that a weapon that's like a bad Doom Artifact drop is 180k doubloons and I really think the devs know that. There has to be some other use for the whips.
Um... deco?

North_LS

Journeyman
I really find it hard to believe that a weapon that's like a bad Doom Artifact drop is 180k doubloons and I really think the devs know that.
I'm not sure they do. Kyronix posted on the other forum asking which artifacts were peoples favorites - he seemed shocked that nobody listed any weapons. I'm not sure the devs really understand what players actually use regularly at all.

IMO, best bet for a weapon would be something with ONE overcapped mod that could be imbued with whatever other mods the recipient wishes.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
. I'm not sure the devs really understand what players actually use regularly at al
Again, if you don't play the game, regularly, as a player and not in godmode...well, how can ya know these things

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix posted on the other forum asking which artifacts were peoples favorites - he seemed shocked that nobody listed any weapons.
I noticed that as well, and got a chuckle out of it. Sadly, @Kyronix ACTUALLY thinks the Whips are more than deco. He sees them as truly useful weapons.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not sure they do. Kyronix posted on the other forum asking which artifacts were peoples favorites - he seemed shocked that nobody listed any weapons. I'm not sure the devs really understand what players actually use regularly at all.

IMO, best bet for a weapon would be something with ONE overcapped mod that could be imbued with whatever other mods the recipient wishes.
I agree, I can't really see a use for any artifact weapons other than giving them to new players who can't afford real equipment yet. The Planeswords were highly used by mages in both pvp and pve specifically because they only had 2 properties, which were both useful, and could be added onto/strengthened with imbuing. We need artifacts like that, not ones where half the stats are useless clutter.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree, I can't really see a use for any artifact weapons other than giving them to new players who can't afford real equipment yet. The Planeswords were highly used by mages in both pvp and pve specifically because they only had 2 properties, which were both useful, and could be added onto/strengthened with imbuing. We need artifacts like that, not ones where half the stats are useless clutter.
Couldn't agree more. Especially in a day and age where there are so many other ways / items to gain 100% damage increase... making the whips have 70% damage increase is a severe waste of an overcapped mod. If anything they should have made the mana leech 100% like we can overcap on a double axe, at least that would be useful. I'm not sure how the explosion will fire off but I'm assuming it would do slightly more than fireball but with only 15% we would be better off with 50% fireball because it's going to hit more and do more damage in the long run; so there is another wasted mod. I'm also confused on why there is 100 luck on there, this is another mod that either needs to be capped at 150 (so it technically could go on a luck suit) or just removed all together.

As I said before, this seems to be a very confused weapon. It's part mage weapon (spell channel), part warrior (mana leech), part tamer (luck), sprinkled with over capped damage increase and very minimal spell hit which leaves it being a very ineffective weapon that will likely not be used by anyone. Huge miss here on the DEVs part.