• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Barbed Whip of Plundering...

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The latest High Seas reward has some nice mods:
HML 60%
SI 4
SR3
HCi 15%
SSI 30%

Whoops! That was my reforged one from Krampus, the reward whip has:

Hit Explosion 15%
HML 81%
SC w/o FC penalty
Luck 100
DI 70%

Weapon speed 3.25s but no SSi :(
SC but no Magic Use mod
Maxed out mods so you cannot imbue

I am ... underwhelmed. But I did buy one of each as "collector items" but doubt if i will ever use in combat.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The new whips are pieces of crap! Unlike the Krampus ones, they can't be imbued or reforged, and a lot of players don't need the damage increase, or spell channeling!. They are nothing but junk. If I EVER get excited about something in UO ever again, SOMEONE, please feel free to punch me in the gonads to remind me it seems like everything the developers touch turns to S***!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
so what does the map look like? And the title what was it, I forgot?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ROFL, the post regarding the Whips on the "official" forum lasted 18 minutes before it got locked.
Ouch that left a mark! :slap:

This thread is closed. There is nothing useful to be learned from this sort of disrespectful emotional outburst.

Did you really think you would get positive results from the way you wrote that thread? :lol:

I put another one in the Test Center area.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Would have been better if there was an X "you are here"
5-31-19  On TC0024.jpg

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ouch that left a mark! :slap:

This thread is closed. There is nothing useful to be learned from this sort of disrespectful emotional outburst.

Did you really think you would get positive results from the way you wrote that thread? :lol:

I put another one in the Test Center area.
No I didn't, but at this point I really don't care much anymore. My time in UO might be getting pretty close to ending, unless something changes.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No hit stamina leech on a 3.25s weapon and we can't imbue it.
Those are worthless trash.
They are not only worthless, but they ALSO cost a whopping 180,000 Doubloons to get.....

That's a whole lot of Plunder Beacons.....

One would have thought that for those many Doubloons' cost they would have been with WAY better Modifiers....

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Price is way too high on those whips.
I do think however its ok not to make them imbueable, because it would ruin the uniqueness from the krampus ones.
Mods on the whips are a bit meh for the price u pay for it, and should be different. (unless that hit explotion does 100 damage in pvp)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Price is way too high on those whips.
I do think however its ok not to make them imbueable, because it would ruin the uniqueness from the krampus ones.
Mods on the whips are a bit meh for the price u pay for it, and should be different. (unless that hit explotion does 100 damage in pvp)
I agree the price is too high. Honestly I wouldn't pay 1000 Doubloons for one. They have ZERO use for me.

EDIT: LESS than useless! They would NEVER be used, AND they would take up lockdown space.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And you all think I was kidding when I said before that I feel like the DEVs just are giving us a massive middle finger... still feels that way.

They have to know what is actually good ... they just don't care and sure don't want to give us anything "nice"... it's the shaft for us from now on... Kinda makes me glad I play less and less my care about getting stuck with the middle finger is somewhat lessened by that...

They want to treat players that way fine... they can have less players... and when everyone else catches up with me and others who are braver than me and just quit... they can enjoy trying to find a new job when UO is shut down because of their attitude to the players.

Oh... and I am pretty sure it's not all the DEVs but one main one in particular... we all know who holds the purse strings there.

Sometimes I think that after that EM got away with pulling what he did for so long and she found out... she's been after the players ever since...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I got the map two of them, all I need, and I still have over 2mil points left to spend if something come along I like to get

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
And you all think I was kidding when I said before that I feel like the DEVs just are giving us a massive middle finger... still feels that way.

They have to know what is actually good ... they just don't care and sure don't want to give us anything "nice"... it's the shaft for us from now on... Kinda makes me glad I play less and less my care about getting stuck with the middle finger is somewhat lessened by that...

They want to treat players that way fine... they can have less players... and when everyone else catches up with me and others who are braver than me and just quit... they can enjoy trying to find a new job when UO is shut down because of their attitude to the players.

Oh... and I am pretty sure it's not all the DEVs but one main one in particular... we all know who holds the purse strings there.

Sometimes I think that after that EM got away with pulling what he did for so long and she found out... she's been after the players ever since...
Are we being given the Grinch Finger or what by the Devs?
Barbed Middle Finger of Grinch..:)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Probably... anyway feels that way to me.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I was actually hopeful for those whips.
This taught me a tough lesson to never be hopeful about what this team is doing.

Those whips are nigh worthless and useless. I am trying to get over that and continue playing, but it is tough considering how much this dev team hates UO players.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
hey let make the whips so good that most other weapons will be semi worthless. then we can cry that they need another buff. then we can cry about another weapon ect……….. oh then we nerf. then I can use my 8 plus ej (endless cheating) accounts to get 80k plus points per tower. the reason why I saying this is because im pissed about people using ej (endless cheating) accounts on towers. yes they are using 8 to 10 chars getting 80k plus per tower while normal people get one 10k. some people have many many millions of points while some don't, even though they did the same amount of towers. this whole game is now being made for multi chars using people. seems like everyone with one or 2 accounts should quit unless the dev stop this activities. im guessing the dev will let us make these weapons in the future. just my opinions

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After thinking about it, they likely came up with the conclusion that a blank one fully imbuable was too much.
And due to the multiclienters they would flood the market with OP weapons.

Now mind you, there are overpowered spellbooks of up to 50% SDI that go for stupid amounts of gold.
But that is because they were hard to get, very hard! So hard, that best I got was a 46%

To me, on a single account, amassing the cargo I managed too; meant all I did from the start of this arc
is on the High Seas collecting cargo. But still have no where near the multiclienters.

So they nerfed it to oblivion and made it cost 180k to punish the multi clienters?
They punished us all!

I have one account and can't be the only one. But have spent far more in the UO store over the years
than I would have spent on having several accounts paid each month.

If this is punishment for the multi clienters making the cargo worthless, then, well, just a good
thing I liked actually doing the High Sea spawns.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really felt that we would be getting recipes. Then we could have made them to our hearts delight. More and more I feel like they seriously don't play the game no matter how much they tout that claim.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been multi-clienting.. I only have 4 accts that can fight and i am willing to put on the boat. All my acct are paid.. (I have helped friends who need pts with my exrta i had not turned in)

so maybe not allow EJ accts to get drops from the beacon and any "Event" arc scenario. (actaully thought EJ couldn't do events) This would "punish" the EJ cheaters without hurting the rest of us. I have agree with rest of y'all Devs cant or wont listen to the players. Sadly this isn't the first dev team to harm normal players instead of the Multiboxing, scripting cheaters.

@Drakelord Wow. that is alot of tritons.. I have a feeling where i got one of each thing you mainly picked tritons :D (this is what i love about this game, we can choose how we play)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey let make the whips so good that most other weapons will be semi worthless. then we can cry that they need another buff. then we can cry about another weapon ect……….. oh then we nerf. then I can use my 8 plus ej (endless cheating) accounts to get 80k plus points per tower. the reason why I saying this is because im pissed about people using ej (endless cheating) accounts on towers. yes they are using 8 to 10 chars getting 80k plus per tower while normal people get one 10k. some people have many many millions of points while some don't, even though they did the same amount of towers. this whole game is now being made for multi chars using people. seems like everyone with one or 2 accounts should quit unless the dev stop this activities. im guessing the dev will let us make these weapons in the future. just my opinions
Well, while on one side I agree that making the Whips "too good" would then make the rest of the weapons look obsolete, the way they are now is "waaaaay" towords the other end of the spectrum, at least to my opinion and that of quite a few other players...

They are neither usefull to a Warrior, lacking important modifiers to a Warrior (take for example Life Leech...) nor to a Spellcaster since they lack the "Mage Weapon 0" modifier, to whom, considering the Spell Channelling on them, they "could" at least have been of some use...

They have 100 Luck ? So what if, as they are, they cannot allow to fight much ?

It also needs to be considered that, as compared to the 140,000 Doubloons to get a Triton, these Whips cost a whopping 180,000 Doubloons....

Are they "supposed" to be a better tool in the hands of a Warrior as what a Triton might be in the hands of a Tamer ?

I have serious doubts.....

So why do they cost about 30% more in Doubloons as compared to what a Triton costs ?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah whips are certainly underwhelming. Unfortunate part is that the devs are so hell bent on stopping the power creep. Which honestly that ship already sailed (and is currently sinking while the water is being bailed out with a spoon).

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What are the special abilities on the whips?

Is this the last of the rewards?
1> They are worthless functionally to the majority of melee players.
2> We don't know what is up in Dev sleeve as more "surprises" are forward..

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Watch as they "revamp" Corgul to only take damage from that hit explosion thing and then wonder why no one fights him any more.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Good point regarding the EJ accounts being used to collect more plunderbeacon points, can someone post the train of thought on the official boards please in the Bug, or general forum.

People are currently using bulk EJ accounts to collect extra points in party.

Solution: Require a certain participation modifier, or cap points per beacon and start dividing it rather than adding

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We are talking about the useless whip.

can someone post the train of thought on the official boards please in the Bug, or general forum.
If you have problems with ej accounts feel free to login in official forum, go to a meet and greet.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I already see a use for this whip, but it's specialized, and it comes down to how effective the hit explosion is. If you think about it, explode isn't even 200% fireball's damage but it's under 300% of the average fireball on any useful weapon. It's not a good weapon. Do you have more words to say about this?

@Arm PM me about what EJ accounts are doing with plunderbeacons and we can try to get it resolved , I don't want to derail these people complaining about how this 1 item isn't OP enough for them, since every item is supposed to be equivalent to orny2003 #playerbasememes

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Whirldwind + hit explosion with the high Mana leech, and you can enhance it maybe? The explosion stack could be cool

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
anyone try using a whetstone to wipe out the DI and imbuing an extra prop?
I thought about it, figuring it probably wouldn't. But, then I thought, if it DID work, the weapon would still SUCK, AND I would have wasted a whetstone. They are junk, pure and simple. WHENEVER the devs say they are going to add/revamp/help/fix ANYTHING we should be scared, VERY scared. Because it WIL suck/get screwed up/broken/unusable. I have no clue where this crap comes from. I had the chance to speak with @Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna at the 20th party, and came away thinking that @Kyronix and @Bleak knew what they were doing. But their recent "work" leaves a lot to be desired, and @Kyronix has developed a tendency to get VERY defensive when his "efforts" are questioned/criticized". It does bode well for any future content.

North_LS

Journeyman
subbing HSL for DI would at least make it usable though, if not ideal, no? Though now that i think about it, there's probably technically six mods on it since theres no -1 for the SC.

Maybe I'm missing something, but im not really getting what would make these whips so overpowered if they had the same or similar mods we imbue on every weapon on them? Or if we were able to get recipes to make blank ones ourselves?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe I'm missing something, but im not really getting what would make these whips so overpowered if they had the same or similar mods we imbue on every weapon on them? Or if we were able to get recipes to make blank ones ourselves?
Pretty much everyone else is in the same boat, except @Kyronix @Bleak . It Was a STUPID decision by "whoever", much like most of their decisions lately! And for them to cost more than the Tritons's, is just idiotic.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
<sigh> It's threads like this that make me ever so grateful I didn't go for the High Seas stuff. It seems it would be just one more disappointment on top of the others. <shakes head>

I'm gonna be happy with what I have until that becomes boring ... then leave (again).

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Imagine if instead of needless whining you were concise in your dislike of the idea, and moved onto some possible solutions, why this isn't a good current solution etc; quick and easy.

Imagine being a developer and have to read the constant rain clouds of some grown adults paying 12 dollars a month for endless hours of entertainment. Think about it, and to the people that said "The Devs are giving us the middle finger!" your brain must have more holes than mine, because you're the cash cow, they're clearly not trying to do things that upset you. Granted nothing should really upset you, but here we are. Just provide useful feedback if you want things done, instead of complain and beat down a clearly understaffed dev team.

As far as what Kyronix and Bleak could have done better here - when you release that weapon take 5 minutes and type up a few lines on your thoughts as to how you invision that being used; it doesn't mean players will follow that use, but at least it will offer some insight into how you arrived at that, and the sheep can then provide you useful feedback on why that's good or bad.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Imagine if instead of needless whining you were concise in your dislike of the idea, and moved onto some possible solutions, why this isn't a good current solution etc; quick and easy.

Imagine being a developer and have to read the constant rain clouds of some grown adults paying 12 dollars a month for endless hours of entertainment. Think about it, and to the people that said "The Devs are giving us the middle finger!" your brain must have more holes than mine, because you're the cash cow, they're clearly not trying to do things that upset you. Granted nothing should really upset you, but here we are. Just provide useful feedback if you want things done, instead of complain and beat down a clearly understaffed dev team.

As far as what Kyronix and Bleak could have done better here - when you release that weapon take 5 minutes and type up a few lines on your thoughts as to how you invision that being used; it doesn't mean players will follow that use, but at least it will offer some insight into how you arrived at that, and the sheep can then provide you useful feedback on why that's good or bad.
they can't be imbued or reforged, and a lot of players don't need the damage increase, or spell channeling

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I did that within seconds of seeing one.

Asked why it needs spellchanneling. Asked why 100 luck and not 150.
Then gave suggestions on what they could do to make it useable.
Too late now. It went straight to live.

Anyone calling this weapon OP in this or blank form does not know a dambed thing about weapons.

We already have a blank one from krampus.