• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there any information regarding Stealthing.

They Devs recently changed something regarding stealth skills?

Normally in the past you could use mix armors and stealth with no problem, nowadays you can only stealth with leather suit??
I just did a brand new stealther archer and I used all hide armour with the huntress head and I got the message saying that "You could not hope to move quietly wearing this much armor" and i have 120 real stealth skills.
So if all this new changes are now in effect, so stealthers will require now to use full leather and no longer be able to have 55 LMC??

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It sounds to me like you are using platemail? You can stealth in platemail IF it is "mage armor"... you lose that natural LMC but you could still have 40LMC using all mage armor at the very least. Others might know better than me regarding this topic but I think you should be fine using studded leather too and that gives you 55 LMC (assuming you use a bone helm).

It sounds to me like you are using platemail? You can stealth in platemail IF it is "mage armor"... you lose that natural LMC but you could still have 40LMC using all mage armor at the very least. Others might know better than me regarding this topic but I think you should be fine using studded leather too and that gives you 55 LMC (assuming you use a bone helm).
Please read my post.
I am wearing full Hide armor, same as stud, that until few weeks ago, i was able to stealth around with np at all

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Please read my post.
I am wearing full Hide armor, same as stud, that until few weeks ago, i was able to stealth around with np at all
Well if you are going to be a jerk about it; I'll just start ignoring your entire post instead of one word. :thumbup:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"Please read my post" was being a jerk ? lol. Man I would have so many warnings if my skin were that thin.
Simply saying that he was wearing hide not platemail would have sufficed. No need to waste the time telling me to reread something I'm trying to help him on... kind of like there is no need for me to waste anymore time on this thread :)

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you can't meditate in it, it will mess with your stealth. It's always been like that as far as I'm aware.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
At GM Hiding and 120 stealth you can and should be able to stealth in Hide and Studded... at least that's the way it used to be. Unless something has changed...

At GM Hiding and 120 stealth you can and should be able to stealth in Hide and Studded... at least that's the way it used to be. Unless something has changed...
Finally someone with sense...
Yes, as I stated right at the 1st post. I am wearing a FULL Hide armor, not plate, not anyrhing else, Full Hide and a +20 Archer Head piece.
Hide is the SAME as Stud and I cant stealth anymore.
GM Hiding
120 Real stealth.

@MalagAste something must changed because was working before.

bourne

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
If you can't meditate in it, it will mess with your stealth. It's always been like that as far as I'm aware.
Always has been this way, agree. But they may have changed something more recently, since before a few weeks ago he could and now he cannot stealth. Have not tested that yet.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been a while for me but you could definitely stealth in studded and even some ringmail. You can't even fully train stealth in all leather. The difficulty isn't high enough.

I always trained stealthers in studded and ringmail gloves to finish them off.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's been a while for me but you could definitely stealth in studded and even some ringmail. You can't even fully train stealth in all leather. The difficulty isn't high enough.

I always trained stealthers in studded and ringmail gloves to finish them off.
Final I always put on a plate gorget around 95 I think... if I recall correctly.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just tested with 120 stealth, a full studded suit + bone helmet on a human character and had no trouble stealthing. Since my stealther is human and on Siege (only 1 char) I can't try hide armor :-/

so studded and bone armor seems to be alright. maybe hide armor is bugged?

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When training steal you only use 1 piece of platemail, usually the helm, to finish stealth to 120. You can stealth in any type of armor but it seems that each type has a different amount of steps you can take before the skill rechecks stealth.

Paged GM.
Stud , Hide and Bone are the only pieces that allow you to achieve 55 LMC, But Bone pieces it is Not Stealth Friendly, i made a test and I had a bone chest on the suit, replaced for another Hide piece and now the toon can stealth again, put the bone chest back and you Cant stealth.
So just for future considerations , use Stud and Hide only, if you plan to make a stealth archer

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Paged GM.
Stud , Hide and Bone are the only pieces that allow you to achieve 55 LMC, But Bone pieces it is Not Stealth Friendly, i made a test and I had a bone chest on the suit, replaced for another Hide piece and now the toon can stealth again, put the bone chest back and you Cant stealth.
So just for future considerations , use Stud and Hide only, if you plan to make a stealth archer
please clarify... did you have "FULL Hide armor" before? as you emphatically stated....or was your chest piece actually bone the whole time? asking for a friend....