• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

devs ...new clean up rewards please

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nuff said been at least 2 maybe 3 years now since new dyes or items were added

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
an item that would be a 1 time use that would allows use to reset the training on our pets would be nice

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
an item that would be a 1 time use that would allows use to reset the training on our pets would be nice
Pets don't store their original stats, or what your changes during training, so the best they could likely do is reset them to the base template range - meaning your pet could wind up significantly crappier than what it was when you tamed it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still want pet dyes.
That was asked at our Meet and Greet. Instant no.

Also instant no on the vanity pets going to 5 slot, respec of pets, and pet soulstones.

They dont beat around the bush on the No s.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dear Mods:

If ever, EVER I come on here again requesting something be upgraded or bumped a bit, or for anything at all to be changed, please ban me from the forums and delete that post immediately.

Thanking you in advance
yeah we need more dyes [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:rolleyes:[/bcolor]:rolleyes2:
I really thought it would have been longer before I had to do this. I request an immediate ban of @Uriah Heep upon his own request.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really thought it would have been longer before I had to do this. I request an immediate ban of @Uriah Heep upon his own request.
LMAO!! I thought the multiple eyerolls would show that I was being sarcastic...guess it just doesn't come across well on a typewritten page

North_LS

Journeyman
I'd like:
- dragon barding color deeds for paroxy swamp dragon, that green is terribad.
- token to transform any wearable item into a different wearable item for the same slot (ie. robe to epaulette, obi to half apron, gargish stone arms to leather arms, etc).
- alacrity and transcendence scroll books and/or recipes to make them

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
All you pet owners need pooper-scoopers for your animals. I'm gettin' mighty tired of scrapin' down me footwear every 5 minutes or so.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Pets don't store their original stats, or what your changes during training, so the best they could likely do is reset them to the base template range - meaning your pet could wind up significantly crappier than what it was when you tamed it.
Agree. But the STATS are there. Get an item that would allow you to reset STATS and maybe regens and or resists. You can at least RESTAT, re-resist, re-regen, based on present values and points on these. These are doable, easy to code, and do not require post-tame values, just standard values for different pets. Also allow change in Magic if points available. Again, keep on dreaming! Low chances of it happening. They could start with STATS only, likely the easiest.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
New trash point rewards : ABOUT TIME!
They could add : Some valuable recipies for items, for smiths, tailors, alchemists, cooks. Soul stone frags 5 uses. etc etc. something useful, and for the deco folks, some new deco (not too much of it too, lol).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pets can be reverse engineered. 1501 points per level. Show me a pet with no saved points and I can show you what it started like.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IMO I have never understood why you get points to redeem for rewards for throwing something away.

It's right up there with participation trophies and kids going to birthday parties and getting goodie bags for showing up!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IMO I have never understood why you get points to redeem for rewards for throwing something away.
We are Hoarders so I'm sure that actually does reduce the items stashed away.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

It's right up there with participation trophies and kids going to birthday parties and getting goodie bags for showing up!
When you through away garbage at home, you get reward points: Your spouse does not yell at you for hoarding a ton of junk, the smelly garbage does not accumulate in bags inside your garage or even worse home, no roaches and no flies, no rodents, the neighbors don't call the authorities on you for dropping your garbage on your lawn or outside your home or apartment stinking up the neighborhood, you actually have the privilege of walking inside your house without stepping on trash books, empty used paper plates, plastic used cups, soiled paper of all sorts etc. : BOOM ! Clean home and living area and no gripes.

In a game like this with 5-10,000 players Each of whom with one home and many with up to 5-10 homes, some homes with massive storage, and each of them with a bank box usually filled with items that are staying there :
Can you count the numbers of items that the game will need to track of? Now then, count all the little pertinents of EACH item, stats, colors, dependencies, and I will bet you come up with pretty staggering amount of bits of data that the game needs to be keeping a track of.
Lots of these items are of sentimental or no value, no functional value at least. This trash pile up has no other way but cause processing problems, lag and who knows what else.

Now to get to your point : I think you mean well overall, but did not t think of the consequences of trash pile-up and the advantages of removing he trash. Read on:

It is believed correctly by the Devs and B.Sword who OWN this game and program it and control it to offer enticements to cleaning up the junk, and for good reasons. In away when you toss away trash you are helping the game one way of another. (Playing the game, getting trash and disposing it). They want to REWARD you for doing so, since they think it is that important.

You should accept the rewards graciously. Actually they should BOOST the rewards, add more useful things that make gameplay better, and more comfort items like suggested above. Not to consider trashing the trashing points and rewards. (Pun intended)o.0

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope not really the same.

If you don't want the item then leave it, smelt it/unravel it/cut into bandaids, sell it or just toss it and move on.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nope not really the same.

If you don't want the item then leave it, smelt it/unravel it/cut into bandaids, sell it or just toss it and move on.
Actually, I almost never throw anything away for fear someone might need that later... hence the hoarding issue in UO... I love deco so therefore I keep TONS of deco stuff... I like helping new and returning players so I keep loads of stuff for that... and if the "points" for throwing something away aren't worth the carpal tunnel I'll get moving them from storage to bag to trash then I'm not going to throw stuff...

There is an incentive for me to throw things away so I can get shiny new things or helpful things... then I do that... And eventually you get to where I've been the last couple of years where the stuff has gotten to the point where there is no room at most of my houses to store any more stuff so I basically don't really play anymore or do much of anything that might generate more stuff as I don't know what I'd do with it... which when you stop playing and doing things that you once felt were fun then well you start wondering why am I still paying for a game I play 1 or 2 nights a week??? And once you start thinking about that you start thinking maybe I'll do something else with my money...

And eventually, people like me quit... Which leads to some scripter grabbing all the hoards of crap I had and dumping it... or some such... mostly the only reason I haven't quit yet is because I just can't stomach the idea of some scripter looting all my stuff and not helping new players. If I knew what to do with a lot of the stuff I'd probably drop a bunch of accounts...

I was guessing that was the reason they didn't want to finally update that list of things to throw away for fear people like me would purge stuff and drop accounts.

Now as for things I'd like to see in Clean up... I want new dyes... darker dyes... I'm tired of all the pastels and neon crap I want some nice dark colors... But I'm not fond of spending 250k points on 5 lousy charges. What I'd really like is a metallic and cloth dye tub like the metallic one that is pastels with a darker more fall colored theme...

I'd like to see more items like the instruments, maybe some mage books where I can choose the slayer I need... everyone else can why can't mages??????

I'd like to see rewards added to the Zoo like Bane Dragons, Dread Warhorses and they could add the new Triton to the Zoo as rewards... I'd like to see a Silver Steed added to the Zoo Rewards... Real rewards a tamer might actually really want... would be nice to get a statue of those as well...

I'd like new deco items added to the clean up rewards... I always wanted a Broom... some horse tackle... brushes, things that are in game but we can't get... that nifty churchy bench that is in Nu'Jelm would be nice... There are several items we don't have...

Maybe some seeds or plants... preferably seeds... Maybe some water and garden tiles... garden tiles that let you grow things like cotton, wheat, turnips, cabbage and the like...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What they should not add is:
=Items that would raise a lot of argument, controversy, complaints and firestorms like:
Any rare items, or EM items, or Rare pets (like bane dragons, and dread warhorses since then they would no longer be rares, and many people will be pretty upset having paid mint for them. Also the incentive for owners to come back to the game will thus be removed).
=Items that would affect PvP drastically and unbalance it.
=Items that would give a large advantage to one class vs another.

What they should add is:
=Items that would improve life quality in UO and would allow correcting mistakes. Like:
STAT change, RESIST change, Regen Change in pets that have been trained and gimped.
=Some new deco items, and dyes.
=Some recipies for Smiths, Tinkers, Taylors, Alchemists, Cooks : Something useful.
=Possibly after this event, Tritons. They already have the crystal one for 500k points. Add Triton.

With due respect, my humble opinion.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
plain and simply weve got new turn in points just add 4 new dyes and 2 new armour sets plys 2 new deco itemws job sorted - all happy

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What they should not add is:
=Items that would raise a lot of argument, controversy, complaints and firestorms like:
Any rare items, or EM items, or Rare pets (like bane dragons, and dread warhorses since then they would no longer be rares, and many people will be pretty upset having paid mint for them. Also the incentive for owners to come back to the game will thus be removed).
=Items that would affect PvP drastically and unbalance it.
=Items that would give a large advantage to one class vs another.

What they should add is:
=Items that would improve life quality in UO and would allow correcting mistakes. Like:
STAT change, RESIST change, Regen Change in pets that have been trained and gimped.
=Some new deco items, and dyes.
=Some recipies for Smiths, Tinkers, Taylors, Alchemists, Cooks : Something useful.
=Possibly after this event, Tritons. They already have the crystal one for 500k points. Add Triton.

With due respect, my humble opinion.
IMO rares people can take a long walk off a short pier... tired of everything having to be "rare"... Pets should NEVER be in that category... Just like the Crimmy and many other things lets make them "rare" and quit dropping things for Dexers and Mages and make those "rare" so no one else can get them... no more crystiline rings, no more hats of the magi to be used in that recipe, no more cameo's should ever drop so those who have them can have those be "rare" and no one else can get them without paying insanely stupid prices..... then we will be "fair"...

Incentive to come back my ass......

They need to put these things in the zoo... period.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was asked at our Meet and Greet. Instant no.

Also instant no on the vanity pets going to 5 slot, respec of pets, and pet soulstones.

They dont beat around the bush on the No s.
Are they considering the Grizzled Mare a vanity pet ?

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like:
- dragon barding color deeds for paroxy swamp dragon, that green is terribad.
- token to transform any wearable item into a different wearable item for the same slot (ie. robe to epaulette, obi to half apron, gargish stone arms to leather arms, etc).
- alacrity and transcendence scroll books and/or recipes to make them
i.c. a problem with the proxy armor deed.. it could screw up the fact that proxy armor does not decay. not knowing the code not sure the exact C&E here
The alacrity and transcendence book exist in game already and i know peeps that have them on their vendors.

Of course i could be think and be missing the sarcasm..

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
people have been scripting certain items for turn in and have many chars with the 10 mil point limit and are just waiting for new stuff to be put on the spring clean up. there are also idoc scripters that find/time/and loot the idocs that have many chars wth millions of points. I say no new stuff for spring clean up at this time. the devs need to get their act together.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhhh i see....i guess some people dont have many turn in points too so dont want new rewards they cant claim and will have to buy?????