• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

patch today?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
no release on the patch info?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
T Hunting part 2.

A Thread for questions:
Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Release 2 [General Discussion & Questions]

A Thread for Specific Feedback that must follow guidelines.
Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Release 2 [Strict Guidelines for Posting]

Go test and post constructive feedback if you want to have input on the changes.

Or if you dont care then dont provide feedback.

If you do care and do not provide feedback then dont pancake later.

This test is about remove trap and skilling it. Ha told you we would need it!

Also this is about the Loot and Mobs.

Please post the loot you find! Im not that into T Hunting but I know a lot of quiet players just do that and I do not want UO to lose those players. @Tina Small and others that did wonderful testing the last round. Thanks! Please help again!

Follow the Format!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Once more?? But there be pirates out there on the open waters?? Cargo to save??? And they want me to go to TC again? Oh well I will check to see if my char is still there from the last run

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No mention of the dev's three picks in the keep contest.

Last publish they announced the six winners three days after the final vote tally

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T Hunting part 2.

A Thread for questions:
Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Release 2 [General Discussion & Questions]

A Thread for Specific Feedback that must follow guidelines.
Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Release 2 [Strict Guidelines for Posting]

Go test and post constructive feedback if you want to have input on the changes.

Or if you dont care then dont provide feedback.

If you do care and do not provide feedback then dont pancake later.

This test is about remove trap and skilling it. Ha told you we would need it!

Also this is about the Loot and Mobs.

Please post the loot you find! Im not that into T Hunting but I know a lot of quiet players just do that and I do not want UO to lose those players. @Tina Small and others that did wonderful testing the last round. Thanks! Please help again!

Follow the Format!
I'm adding to my spreadsheet again: Publish 105 - Treasure Chest Loot

Have already posted feedback and questions on the official forum. I'm fuzzy on what's going on with the ML ingredients and essences, so at the moment I'm testing for that to see where you can actually get them. So far have only gotten any of that special stuff from an Artisan Supply chest dug up in Malas. I know getting the ML ingredients is a good new change to even get them at all, but limiting them AND essences to just Artisan Stash chests is pretty limiting, and is very limiting if you have to go to one specific shard for them. People who were doing chests for the essences are going to be peeved at this change unless it's adjusted significantly from what's happening now.

Also, there's a new message about your chest crumbling when it comes up through the ground that is different from the one about the chest being blocked. You still get the one about it being blocked and still get multiple chests if you can't figure out where to dig to avoid whatever the heck is blocking the chest. So, in spite of the publish notes saying that the blocked chests issue is fixed, it doesn't seem to be fixed and now there is something else going on that makes you keep digging again and again.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
well when they fix this

5-13-190014.jpg

I will be glad to test, but My char cannot set skills there

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One other comment: Someone was talking in chat on TC that they couldn't set their mining skill. I tried too and it doesn't work. But it doesn't matter if you are there for testing treasure hunting. You aren't supposed to need mining. Finding the chest is supposed to be based on your cartography skill, although even with GM skill it can be tedious to find the chest. I am waiting for an answer from Kyronix as to whether or not using a cartography talisman will help with actual treasure hunting. He was a bit nebulous on that in previous comments and now there are some glasses that give a cartography bonus. So do the talismans help for finding chests or just for decoding maps. Don't know.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try saying "set cartography 1000". You don't need the word "to" in the command.
It's weird. It works to lower the skill but not to increase the skill.

However, it does give you the message that you successfully adjusted your skill but it remains at zero.

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
5-14-190007.jpg

New message when digging up the chest OMG, I tried three times gave up on it. Note the blue dot on UOAM? Coors from the locker

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats the new msg for the chest is blocked from what I read. Report and try again if it does it again.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats the new msg for the chest is blocked from what I read. Report and try again if it does it again.
You still get the other message about being blocked some of the time. The difference seems to be that when you get the new message about the chest crumbling, there's no chest left in the ground. When you get the older message, the chest that started to come up stays in the ground. See the thread on the official forum where I got the new message 7 times and the old message 3 times on the same map. There were 3 chests still in the ground when I finally gave up on that map.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like the minor artifacts have been turned on. This was a Warrior Supply chest dug up in Malas (yeah, I know it looks like Fel):
minor arti from warrior supply malas chest.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol looks like more testing and resolving is needed for the multiple chests.

I guess the chests are now like a dungeon. They increased the minor arty drop a while ago.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol looks like more testing and resolving is needed for the multiple chests.

I guess the chests are now like a dungeon. They increased the minor arty drop a while ago.
Have only had one Supply chest out of 11 that's had one of it. Still seeing a lot of chests (stash and supply only) that have only gold and gems in them, and the gem quantity seems to have been reduced by about half for those levels.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think that is a good idea to spawn special items in a container.

I have a Blaze of Death on a toon now. Im holding till I can transfer it to my Clean-up toon.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had another map with the message about the chest crumbling. This time I was close enough to be able to see the chest coming up under the tree canopy. It would raise all the way to ground level (no spawn showed) and then just disappear and you'd get the message. And this map also had a few chests that came up and stayed in the ground after the "blocked" message displayed. It seems like if you get the message about it crumbling, you just have to give up because it's never going to up, no matter where you stand when you try to dig it up. At least with the "blocked" message you eventually find a place to stand where you stop getting the message and the chest comes up all the way out of the ground and the guardians spawn.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it looks like it's official that essences will only come from Ter Mur Supply Artisan maps and the ML ingredients will only come from Malas Supply Artisan maps. When the maps reset, only the location will reset, not the theme or facet.

Popps, are you happy now?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should actually be using new spreadsheets for the new patch's chests as the old tests are now just for reference and being jumbled with the new makes comparisons harder and easier to confuse people.
They aren't jumbled in with the old stuff. Everything is in date order.

EDITED TO ADD: I'm hiding the old rows so you don't see them.

Last edited: